canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:18 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=17952" target="_blank">Woman drinks so much water she dies</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=4" target="_blank">Strange</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Ripcat" target="_blank">Ripcat</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-01-14 09:28:54

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Oh wow.

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:24 am

That's weird, that guy did the right thing though...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:38 am

There's a natural involuntary reaction to empty one's bladder after a certain point to avoid such an incident... not sure why that didn't kick in.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:43 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
There's a natural involuntary reaction to empty one's bladder after a certain point to avoid such an incident... not sure why that didn't kick in.

You'll do anything for your children. This is tragic and makes me very sad. Those poor kids.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:47 am

Firecat Firecat:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

You'll do anything for your children. This is tragic and makes me very sad. Those poor kids.
I think the to be made is that it is involuntary - as in, it doesn't matter how much you want a Wii, your body has had enough.

A woman who dies in such a manner for a Nintendo game is far from having my sympathy.

If she has kids, however, they are not only going to live with no mother, but the stigma of having such an idiot for a mother.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:51 am

Firecat Firecat:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

I'd do a lot for my kids, but doing something like that for a silly video game system? Nuh uh.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:58 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Firecat Firecat:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

I think the to be made is that it is involuntary - as in, it doesn't matter how much you want a Wii, your body has had enough.

A woman who dies in such a manner for a Nintendo game is far from having my sympathy.

If she has kids, however, they are not only going to live with no mother, but the stigma of having such an idiot for a mother.

Ever consider that might have been the only way her kid could ever dream of getting one? A parent will move heaven and earth and try every sacrifice to make their child's dream come true and that includes a contest that makes you hold your urine for as long as you can.

You obviously have no children and no idea what it is to be poor.
She hung in because she was desperate to win this for her childsren. And you not only mock her desperation, you mock her orphaned children. Proud of yourself are you?
You're certainly smug.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:58 am

crystalsm crystalsm:
Firecat Firecat:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

I'd do a lot for my kids, but doing something like that for a silly video game system? Nuh uh.

Perhaps you have more money than she could ever hope to have, ever think of that?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:05 pm

My impression isa lot of people on this board are really callous (they're fast enough to criticise Islam as evil but then show total lack of charity. Out of curiousity, Are you Christian? Is this evidence that Christianity is evil? (to paraphrase the accusation that is so often thrown at Islam.

I'm an atheist and sometimes it appears I feel more compassion than many here who are supposedly Christian.

I'd like to see what Abbas has to say about this.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Eh, I don't exactly have a whole lot of money, but thanks anyway.

And I fail to see what religion has to do with this.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:09 pm

I had no idea there was such a thing as drinking too much water...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 pm

She didn't die from not relieving herself, she died from water intoxication. Rapidly drinking too much water. No sodium, the body can't absorb the water, fucks things up chemically speaking.

Runners who just drink water during marathons have died like that. They should of had them chuggin powerade or something instead of just water.

Last edited by Robair on Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 pm

I didn't know that either. But then, I'm not capable for holding it for quite THAT long, so I doubt it'll ever be an issue for me.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Well there you go. Something learned everyday. Thanks Robair.