Category: Sports
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2017-08-06 17:45:50
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:53 pm

What I find disgusting is that Gatlin has twice been found to have doped. So having the IIAF even letting him compete is mind boggling. But, since he beat Bolt it'd be my guess that he and his compatriots have found a new Balco like dealer and Craig Reedie's lab techs haven't caught up to the latest performance enhancing drug the American sprinters are using............. yet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
What I find disgusting is that Gatlin has twice been found to have doped. So having the IIAF even letting him compete is mind boggling. But, since he beat Bolt it'd be my guess that he and his compatriots have found a new Balco like dealer and Craig Reedie's lab techs haven't caught up to the latest performance enhancing drug the American sprinters are using............. yet.

That's because ratings and sponsor spaying big bucks are often more important to many organizations than ethics are.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:25 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

That's because ratings and sponsor spaying big bucks are often more important to many organizations than ethics are.

And yet Ben Johnson got a lifetime ban for doing exactly what Gatlin and pretty much every other sprinter before and after him were doing. The only problem was that Ben didn't have access to the US Olympic committee's specialized testing protocols. :wink:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/17/sport ... ed-up.html

So to me it's more political than financial and just by looking at the Russian and Eastern Bloc doping scandals pretty much proves that point.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:10 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

That's just wrong. It's a sad example of what we have become as a society when any form of cheating is the way to win. An athlete that excels because they are using performance enhancing drugs should not be allowed to compete because the resulting performance is not their own. Natural ability enhanced by dedication, training and drive is what should set records and win medals.