CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29473
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:39 am
 


Title: WW1 Commonwealth graves in Iraq become site for football pitches
Category: Military
Posted By: martin14
Date: 2016-04-25 11:33:32


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:39 am
 


Thank God they aren't any of ours in there.

One would hope the Brits would just repatriate them, but we all know that won't happen.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 37961
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:41 am
 


A guy I work with was born in Iran. Whenever he hears the name of his former country, he says under his breath "Never trust those people! They will fuck you over.".


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30271
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:47 am
 


Pretty sure that the asshole British politicians that do things like getting rid of the Fleet Air Arm in order to gin up more cash & freebies for chavs and immigrants aren't going to spend money on repatriating war graves from any of these shithole countries.


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14677
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:10 pm
 


martin14 wrote:
Thank God they aren't any of ours in there.

One would hope the Brits would just repatriate them, but we all know that won't happen.


Given the costs involved there's no point in moving them from one Islamic country just to bury them in another. :(


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:02 pm
 


I'm not really clear on why Iraq should or would be honoring British WWI war casualties. The Brits were their allies? [huh] I mean last time the Brits were there, they helped to fuck up the country far worse than what it was.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 19989
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:14 pm
 


What the Hell happened to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission? I thought this was what they were all about.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30271
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:58 pm
 


Hyack wrote:
What the Hell happened to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission? I thought this was what they were all about.


Places like Iraq and North Africa are far too hostile for them to safely operate in anymore. It's either repatriate the graves to safety at home or give them up for good. Unfortunately some odious Austerity Hero like David Cameron will probably opt for the latter option. :evil:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Hyack wrote:
What the Hell happened to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission? I thought this was what they were all about.


Places like Iraq and North Africa are far too hostile for them to safely operate in anymore. It's either repatriate the graves to safety at home or give them up for good. Unfortunately some odious Austerity Hero like David Cameron will probably opt for the latter option. :evil:


While you keep whining about Cameron, it is worth mentioning that Corbyn wouldn't do
a damn thing either. In fact he would encourage his Islamobuddies to finish off the
Libyan graves once and for all.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15102
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:18 pm
 


andyt wrote:
I'm not really clear on why Iraq should or would be honoring British WWI war casualties. The Brits were their allies? [huh] I mean last time the Brits were there, they helped to fuck up the country far worse than what it was.

It's disrespectful to dishonour anyones grave.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30271
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:24 pm
 


martin14 wrote:
Thanos wrote:
Hyack wrote:
What the Hell happened to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission? I thought this was what they were all about.


Places like Iraq and North Africa are far too hostile for them to safely operate in anymore. It's either repatriate the graves to safety at home or give them up for good. Unfortunately some odious Austerity Hero like David Cameron will probably opt for the latter option. :evil:


While you keep whining about Cameron, it is worth mentioning that Corbyn wouldn't do
a damn thing either. In fact he would encourage his Islamobuddies to finish off the
Libyan graves once and for all.



It's not an either-or thing with British politicians. Both Conservatives and Labour have been equally dreadful on the military. Cameron was the one that scrapped the Harriers and basically grounded the entire Fleet Air Arm until the new carriers come on line. If anything he's been worse for the British military than Tony Blair ever was. What's even worse is that Cameron is basically another Merkel. Every dollar that's allegedly being saved by gutting the military or the health service isn't applied to debt or put aside for new programs. It's being wasted on those odious lifelong-welfare chav types, like that one horrid bitch that was in all their papers who had her boob job and plastic surgery covered by the taxpayers. Even more worse is the amount of money that keeps going to programs for the rapefugees, programs that are so comprehensive that they're the main reason why thousands of those assholes have been camped out in Calais for so long trying to get to Britain so they can suck up all the free goodies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... pilot.html

Quote:
Lt Cdr Kris Ward, 37, questioned Mr Cameron as the Prime Minister prepared to deliver the conclusions of the Strategic Defence and Security Review, in which the Navy is expected to fare worst.

Lt Cdr Ward, whose father Cdr Nigel "Sharkey" Ward, now 66, led attacks during the Falklands conflict, said: "I am a Harrier pilot and I have flown 140-odd missions in Afghanistan, and I am now potentially facing unemployment. How am I supposed to feel about that, please, sir?"

He later added: "I understand that cuts have to be made, but I am not sure that these are the right cuts."

Cdr Nigel Ward, the commanding officer of 801 Naval Air Squadron in the Falklands - told BBC Radio 4's The World At One he completely supported his son standing up to the Prime Minister.

"I think this is an absolutely appalling decision which reflects one thing, and that is the intent of the Royal Air Force to take away the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm and supplant it with their own land-based capability, which of course it cannot do. So Kris is absolutely right.

"What is worse is if this Harrier decision does go through and is not reversed there is possibly going to be an exodus of the cream of our flying boys from the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm and we are going to be left high and dry if there is a long gap before the next aircraft becomes available."

He added there was an "inherent flexibility" to the Sea Harriers that had been a major factor in the Falklands victory.

"Although we were totally outnumbered we were able to put enough aircraft in the sky all the time to oppose the opposition," he said.

"So you can say almost without any question that the Harrier, or Sea Harrier, ensured success in the Falklands."

The service will lose five warships; 4,000 personnel; its flagship aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal; and the entire Harrier jump-jet arm. The changes to the carriers will also mean that British jets will not fly off a British carrier for up to 10 years.


There is no right or wrong in British politics anymore. Aside from the false promise of UKIP, who are just as chickenshit scared of being called racists as much as the others are, every political party in Britain is an absolute lost cause. None of us over here should be siding with any of them. Don't hold your breath because there isn't a single politician in Britain that is going to do squat to repatriate the remains of any of those fallen soldiers.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Freakinoldguy and 17 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.