Author Topic Options

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:38 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> Diogenes
<strong>Date:</strong> 2007-02-06 12:38:23
<a href="/article/163823117-are-you-an-antisemite">Article Link</a>

The Jews hate the Arabs (who are Semites) as much as the Arabs hate the Jews (who are Semites). Yet they trace their lineage back to a common ancestor.

Nowadays, if anyone should speak or write a critical remark about US-Israel policy, or the fact that Israel had a very close, uncomfortably close, connection to the 9/11 "terror" attack and the subsequent cover up, those critics are labeled anti-Semitic. As if we somehow hated the Arabs and Jews simply because we critics saw some very real connection between Saudi hijackers and Israeli celebrants on September 11, 2001.

Are YOU an anti-Semite? Do you know someone who is? Take this simple test and find out. Don't be surprised if you discover some painful truths about yourself and your country.

1. Abraham was the Biblical ancestor of Arabs and Jews. Thus, logically, each group should be treated equally and with respect. True or false? If you answered True, you are anti-Semitic because you hate the Jews.

2. The US foreign policy favors Israel and punishes her enemies. True or false? If you answered True you are obviously anti-Semitic.

3. The Federal Reserve Bank, which controls US money and thus controls America, is based in London, England and is headed by Jewish peoples. True or false? If you answered False, you are not necessarily anti-Semitic but simply uninformed.

<a href="http://www.rense.com/general75/trcv.htm">http://www.rense.com/general75/trcv.htm</a>

[Proofreader's note: this article was edited for spelling and typos on February 7, 2007]

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:01 pm

ummm, what? while it is true that oftentimes false accusations of anti-semitism are used inappropriately, but this article is horrendus, and yes reeks of anti-semitism, so what's the point exactly?

jews hate the arabs as much as the arabs hate the jews.

this is probably a true statement, but anyone with even a basic concept of logic can conclude that says nothing about the overall level of racially motivated hate, which in my opinion is very overstated. Jews and arabs have gotten along in the past, and still do in other countries. Using this kind of argument infuriates me because it sweeps aside all of the positive things that do happen and people that do get along in spite of all the odds.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:32 pm

"Using this kind of argument infuriates me because it sweeps aside all of the positive things that do happen and people that do get along in spite of all the odds."
It oughten't to either infuriate nor sweep aside.

What it ought to do is underline massive imbalance of thought both by the hatee and the hated.
The oddity appears to be there is more hatred and the odds as you state reflect that.
One of my fav fiction authors, Tom Robbins, wrote a book I enjoyed that had the owners of a cafe in New York, Issac and Ishmael's. Skinning legs and all

To me there is something drastically wrong when any of us "get along in spite of all the odds"

---
[juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]

it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights"

lex ferenda

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:31 pm

"so what's the point exactly?"

It's satire. From the article:

"USAF veteran, scriptwriter, **satirist** and suspense novelist, Douglas Herman is a Slavic Wasp of Jewish origin and writes for Rense regularly."

"jews hate the arabs as much as the arabs hate the jews."

Hence the point of the article. Both groups are therefore Anti-Semetic, and therefore self-haters. Perhaps they should try to get along with each other by loving themselves just a little bit more.

---
"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:15 pm

Damn!You're GOOOOOD!
Now I gotta honour that with a seegar!

Nice Eye, Doc.

---

lex ferenda

William Blake

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:21 pm

Chapeau! I like ceegars!

---
"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:12 pm

<blockquote>The oddity appears to be there is more hatred and the odds as you state reflect that.</blockquote> <p>pardon? And also, what exactly is wrong with get along in spite of all the odds? I don't see what you are getting at. </p> <p> I guess my lack of understanding has to do with the fact that this article seems to be written from a North-American centered view of the problems. The argument that Arabs hate Jews and are therefore self-hating because of their shared ancestry is completely trivial. The checklist seems to more strongly emphasize the hatred it is allegedly trying to satirize. </p>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:13 pm

if that was the point of the article, I missed it completely, but sure in that case it would work (barely) as satire.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:44 pm

I shall endeavour to respond in a manner less confusing via an example.
Good enough ain't good enough!

I see that the odds are all but overwhelming and that those you endure is "spite of" although may be commended and perhaps even a role model thus far are in the minority, and to an extreme minority.
Nothing I state is meant to take away from as the numbers , however small, are, in fact, and in deed, proof of the success they alone may have.

To be against Semites is to be against both, as the article makes clear.
to associate anti-Semitism with only half of the whole is flawed logic, to my mind at least.

Both parties are accountable for their own and their nations actions in other words they are both culpable.

Does that in any way help?
Dio

---

lex ferenda

William Blake

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:53 pm

"if that was the point of the article, I missed it completely, but sure in that case it would work (barely) as satire.

Lets see if I understand your position, although you missed the point, and completely too, the point you missed is at fault for being missed and thus is barely workable?
Interesting perspective, not one I should like to be know for all-the-same.

I wonder what criteria is used to arrive at such a conclusion.

Would that be like me making you (or someone outside of myself) responsible for my beliefs?

---

lex ferenda

William Blake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:06 pm

sure I missed that point as being the overall point of the article. It's a good starting point, follwed by a thinly satirized 7 point checklist from the jew-haters handbook. The general thesis seems to be that criticizing US support of Israel is often attacked as being anti-semitic and that anti-semitism is a ridiculous word to throw around. earth shattering.

I guess my only real criticism is that there are better ways to talk about the problems in Israel than this. While it might satirize some anti-semitic people, or show that people can have honest criticisms of israel/us-israeli relations, the same message is there with 'conspiracy theorist' replacing 'anti-semite'.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:21 am

From the article <br />
“The Jews hate the Arabs (who are Semites) as much as the Arabs hate the Jews (who are Semites). Yet they trace their lineage back to a common ancestor.”<br />
<br />
Am I wrong to assume that your understanding of anti Semitism is reserved only for the Hebrew half of the Semites?<br />
<br />
“…the jew-haters handbook…” <br />
Such a book exists?<br />
Oy vey!<br />
Should then, a Jew lovers book also exist?<br />
<br />
I’ve read, re-read and read again you most recent contribution and am at a loss to understand your angst on this matter. Is it that you are a Jewish person?<br />
Or is it a case of political correctness gone mad? or is it something altogether different?<br />
<br />
<br />
I would have thought that a race that was subjected to all it has, throughout time, would have compassion. I realise now that is a falsity on my part. To believe that a race or nationality is of one mind is foolish. One of the sites I visit, <a href="http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/">http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/</a> offers the following,<br />
“Words of the Zionists - Today's Quote<br />
Theodor Herzl<br />
Theodor Herzl (1860-1904), the founder of modern Zionism, recognized that anti-Semitism would further his cause, the creation of a separate state for Jews. To solve the Jewish Question, he maintained “we must, above all, make it an international political issue.”[1] Herzl wrote that Zionism offered the world a welcome “final solution of the Jewish question.”[2] In his “Diaries”, page 19, Herzl stated “Anti-Semites will become our surest friends, anti-Semitic countries our allies.” <br />
<br />
And from here <br />
<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.vho.org/GB/c/DC/gcgvcole.html">http://www.vho.org/GB/c/DC/gcgvcole.html</a> <br />
<br />
I agree there should be a better way to discuss this topic than the way the author used.<br />
<p>---<br> [juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]<br />
<br />
it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights" <br />
<br />
lex ferenda

William Blake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:45 pm

<blockquote>Am I wrong to assume that your understanding of anti Semitism is reserved only for the Hebrew half of the Semites?</blockquote> <p>I understand very well the irony of the word, but the fact remains that the word means hatred of jews to nearly everybody, regardless of its etymology.</p> <p>If I am jewish should I react differently than someone who isn't jewish? is it not that the article says "we aren't antisemitic because arabs are semites too, we are anti-zionist because the zionists control everything. oh yeah, also all zionists also happen to be jews"?</p> <p>Since you are at a loss to understand my position, I will try quickly to explain a bit further. If Americans are enraged at their support of Israel and believe they are somehow manipulated and tricked by the all-powerful zionist bankers into doing so against their best interest, how is that different than good-old krystalnacht anti-semitism? and how does that prevent people with less intelligence than you who can distinguish a zionist and a jew from becoming anti-semites?</p> <p>the zionist agenda theory is as flawed as any anti-semite is. some elements of truth completely blown out of proportion. The Americans have their own made-at-home reasons for being in Israel that don't include supporting zionism. The idea of a rich zionist banker (who also happens to be a jew) doesn't really help your average jewish person in the long run, as history seems to show.</p> <blockquote>To believe that a race or nationality is of one mind is foolish</blockquote> I think you're on to something there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:47 pm

<blockquote>who can distinguish</blockquote> <p>I mean CANNOT here, not can</p>

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:24 pm

I must take further study of your reply before respond.

Steel your self!

I AM enjoying our exchanges thank you!

While you're waiting...

Something to think on... We are ALL culpable of something!

---

lex ferenda

William Blake