Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:49 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> Patm
<strong>Date:</strong> 2007-01-17 15:49:22
<a href="/article/134922346-binary-bomb-a-bust-charges-dropped">Article Link</a>

But so far they haven't produced any evidence against him, and If enquiries submitted to the British High Commission about the grounds for his possible extradition do not yield a satisfactory explanation within three days, a lawsuit seeking damages of one billion pounds sterling (1.9 billion US dollars) will be filed against the British government, he said.

Of course if Rashid Rauf has it right, and the "terror" is "concocted", then he's not the only one who's been suffering from the concoction.

<a href="http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/669/32/">http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/669/32/</a>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 pm

I wrote to the Govt when this story was hot, telling them how this was a fabrication. I was afforded a form letter back telling me how it is their job to ensure security, etc, etc...

When charges were formally dropped and this story proven to be impossible, I wrote again asking when they'd restore our liberties to bring fluids onto planes. My argument was that I'd rather have the security personnel spend their time looking for things that are important rather than wasting time on determining if people have harmless liquid in their baggage. Thus far, no answer.

I love how there's no accountability for knee-jerk reactions.

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:57 pm

The idea is obviously to make us so afraid of ghosts, that we'll gladly give up our freedom and let the ghost busters assume full control over our lives.

The banning of toothpaste never had anything to do with security (obviously), instead it serves as an indicator as to how much crap we'll put up with, or as the would-be despots hope, as an indication of how afraid we actually are.

The fluid silliness won't go away until people start pushing back.

There's no need for security of the magnitude we see. As proof, I offer up many other modes of transportation wide open for a good bombing. Add to that, the many opportunities of blowing up large crowds of people at concerts, hockey games, and other social functions, etc. There's so much damage a real terrorist can do to a city's infrastructure, that only a terrorist paid for by the government would be incompetent enough to bother with bombing a plane.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm

Agreed that it is required that people push back, but this needs to be a mass movement. One person refusing to abandon luggage liquids makes no waves - it rather causes that person to miss the flight instead. Hence, this is why I wrote to Govt, but don't know what more can be done since I might as well have flushed my letter down the toilet than sent it to them.

Rico.