Author Topic Options

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:12 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> rearguard
<strong>Date:</strong> 2006-09-24 12:12:01
<a href="/article/1201119-canadian-jews-turning-conservative">Article Link</a>

Reisman is head of Toronto-based Indigo Books and a former chair of the Liberal’s national policy committee. Schwartz is head of Onex Corporation and a former president of the Liberal Party.

Both are leading philanthropists in Toronto’s Jewish community.

Reisman also announced she was quitting the Liberal Party to support Harper’s Tories. “I’m right there alongside Robert,” she e-mailed a friend, according to the Calgary Sun. “After a lifetime of being a Liberal, I have made the switch. It feels strange, but it is totally and unequivocally right.”

Read the rest here.
<a href="http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/news.php?id=2624">http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/news.php?id=2624</a>

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:50 pm

This is political and media drama. Maybe if all the ideologs go over to the Cons there will be more of a dramatic difference between the two parties than there has been for years. And I do not believe all of the Jewish vote will go with them.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I boycott Chapters book stores because Reisman sensors books from her stores.

---
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:50 pm

"I'll take this opportunity to say that I boycott Chapters book stores because Reisman sensors books from her stores." <br><br> I do the same, and I tell everyone that I know all about Reisman and why they should not buy anything from her stores. <br><br> In any event, Amazon is a much better alternative, with a larger selection since it tries not to ban any books despite constant pressure from the censors to do so. <br><br> <a href="http://news.com.com/Amazon+accused+of+selling+banned+books+in+Germany/2100-1017_3-229643.html">Amazon accused of selling banned books in Germany</a> <br><br> I really hate censorship.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:19 am

How does one rich Jew going conservative translate into "Jews" going conservative? Do this conversion even have anything to do with Judaism? As far as I can tell, it seems to have more to do with support for Israel and Corporate irresponsibility than anything else.

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:05 pm

You are very correct. What these publications ALWAYS do is tack on "Jews" to every single effort, action, and event that they carry out as if ALL Jews support the adventure and back it up as one voice. We don't see similar use of the word "Christian" or "Catholic" (etc) in other circles, so why are these publications ALWAYS making the assumption that they are being backed up by an entire religion? <br><br> Regular Jews should stand up to this nonsense and denounce the use of their religion for political gain. When left unchecked merging an entire religion into a political idiology (that many people find offensive) promotes a general form of hatred towards ALL Jews however innocent. <br><br> Zionism does gain an advantage in merging the entire Jewish religion into their own political ideology. For one thing, if there's hatred generated towards Jews in general, it creates fear among Jews, who will then seek out protection - and guess who's in front of the line offering protection? <br><br> See <a href="http://www.amazon.com/51-Documents-Zionist-Collaboration-Nazis/dp/1569802351">51 Documents: Zionist Collaboration With the Nazis (Hardcover)</a> <br><br> A similar tactic is being used with the "War on Terror" which has generated a form of irrational fear allowing unscrupulous politicians to increase their power base while undermining our democracy, restricting various rights and freedoms we used to enjoy, and promoting wars for profit.