Author Topic Options

Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:51 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> whelan costen
<strong>Date:</strong> 2007-01-28 13:51:00
<a href="/article/135146573-cap-president-resigns">Article Link</a>

"aaaah and the whisper of thousands of tiny voices became a mighty deafening roar and they called it 'freedom'!"' Canadians Acting Humanely at home & everywhere

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Based on what I know I fully support you, CWC and always did.
The party has made a grave error and will most likely suffer the consequences of their action.

Respectfully
Dio

---
[juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]

it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights"

lex ferenda

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:27 pm

I also fully support CWC she did everything she could to serve the membership of the CAP. At every turn she placed truth, principals, the membership and Canada above all else. What a shame, I also did what I could but frustration got the better of me and I also resigned as elected V.P. of the CAP in back in December. CAP has lost it's wings and a true patriot.

Paul Barnes

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 pm

I am very sorry Catherine it has come to this. It was my hope that CAP would be different. It seems it's the parallel to the conservatives and the same tactics used between Fogal and Harper. I have lost respect for the party system several years ago. I feel stupid that CAP was about to change my mind. Sincerely, I wish you good luck in the future.

---
Expect little from life and get more from it.

Expect little from life and get more from it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:01 am

Whilst few of us here on Vive have met you personally many of us, including myself, have gained a great deal of respect for you through your writings. You articles and opinions reveal a commitment to a reasoned and reasonable discourse on the troubles and solutions that need attention in Canadian politics. It was entirely due to your efforts that I became aware off and interested in CAP, they have indeed lost their wings and their best spokesman. It is unfortunately all too typical for political organizations to not practice what they preach which makes us all cynical and reluctant to become involved, you made a valiant effort.
Best wishes with your future endeavors and please keep writing those thoughtful and insightful articles, you remain (in my view) among the best two or three contributors to Vive.

---
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is difficult to remember that the initial objective was to drain the swamp

When you are up to your ass in alligators it is difficult to remember that the initial objective was to drain the swamp

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:24 am

:-(

( and what they ^^ said.)

CAP's loss is Vive's gain thought!

Just a random thought, Harper didn't offer you a cabinet position, did he? ;)

---
"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:37 am

I wasn't part of this dust-up, mostly because I really like both Catherine and Connie. All I can tell you is that a good read through Robert's Rules and adhering to the procedures therin would have gone a long way to avoiding this situation.

I'm sad to see Catherine go, I thought she had a lot of drive, guts, and intelligence. However, as the party grows we have to become more formalized or we just get chaos.

I'm also not a fan of our present party system but its the one we are stuck with for the moment. CAP's platform includes changes toward a more proportional representation system as well as dumping the first-past-the-post election style.

I cannot go into more detail (rather, I won't) as I have no desire to besmirch the reputations of anyone involved. I think both sides are honerable in their own ways and stubborn in others; just like the rest of the human race.

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:51 am

Sorry to hear the news Catherine. I have first hand knowledge of what you speak - that's all I will say to that issue.

Your work with CAP will serve another party well if you so choose to take that path.

Good luck to you!

---
If there was ever a time for Canadians to become pushy - now is the time - for time is running out on this nation called Canada.

If there was ever a time for Canadians to become pushy - now is the time - for time is running out on this nation called Canada.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:21 am

"I have first hand knowledge of what you speak - that's all I will say to that issue."

Tease!

---

lex ferenda

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 pm

Oh great...so my CAP vote last election was wasted...(just kidding)

You got a lot to offer Canada, Catherine, so I hope you won't get discouraged. Gutless do nothing folks like me need people like you.

I figure with you running Canada and michou running the nation of Quebec (either in or out of Canuckistan), we run of the mill citizen types might have a chance to avoid the pre-nineteenth century serf/master relationship society some of our neo-con/neo-liberal types seems to be aiming for.

---
"When we are in the middle of the paradigm, it is hard to imagine any other paradigm" (Adam Smith).

"When we are in the middle of the paradigm, it is hard to imagine any other paradigm" (Adam Smith).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:36 am

Is the Canadian Action Party the official political arm of Vive le Canada?

If so, wouldn't it be fair to make a full disclosure and to announce this in
the Vive masthead?

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Is the Canadian Action Party the official political arm of Vive le Canada?

If so, wouldn't it be fair to make a full disclosure and to announce this in
the Vive masthead?

As memory serves you have raised this question before and received an answer to it. Won't it also be fair for you to appologise for casting aspersions*

*cast aspersions on someone/something
to criticize someone or someone's character

---

lex ferenda

William Blake

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:02 pm

<a href="http://www.vivelecanada.ca/multifaq/index.php?topic=6&qt_id=25&getlevel=018">http://www.vivelecanada.ca/multifaq/index.php?topic=6&qt_id=25&getlevel=018</a><p>---<br>"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden<br />

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:21 pm

Dr Caleb:

Thanks for the link. Very informative and helpful.

Just a suggestion: that link might be a good one to keep repeating. .

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:36 pm

Why?

To assume we are a political arm of any party, based on our mission statement is an incorrect assumption. We even had to put in our FAQ that we aren't owned by Mel Hurtig, but people still believe that, and still don't read the FAQ. ;)

We have members who run for office, in at least 3 parties. Given our mission statement, it shouldn't be surprising that some people will put their beliefs into actions.

---
"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden