Author Topic Options

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:31 am

<strong>Written By:</strong> 4Canada
<strong>Date:</strong> 2006-12-29 09:31:09
<a href="/article/213109563-quotfortress-americaquot-visa-system-scaring-businesses-away">Article Link</a>

"Our challenge now is to continue to meet our security needs while striking a better balance with how we welcome foreign visitors," Ridge said.

Entry requirements will be tightened further as of Jan. 23, when everyone entering the United States by airplane from Canada, Mexico, South or Central America and the Caribbean will be required to present a passport.

The number of business travelers to the United States fell 10 percent in 2005 from the previous year, according to World Travel Market, a London-based trade-show group. The Discover America Partnership — the group Ridge is working with, an organization of business executives working to improve America's image abroad — says its survey of foreign travelers found that the U.S. entry process was rated the "worst" by a margin of more than two to one.

The National Foreign Trade Council estimates that the entry rules cost U.S. businesses $31 billion in lost sales and higher expenses from 2002 to 2004.

But more broadly, U.S. business groups say, foreign travelers choosing other destinations might fuel the growth of rival commercial and financial centers.

International travel "has expanded in Dubai, Budapest, Dubrovnik, not Washington, Philadelphia and Boston," said William Hanbury, president and chief executive of the Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation.

Companies are pressing their case with the U.S. State Department. Visa regulations were a topic at a meeting Dec. 6 involving the under secretary for management, Henrietta Fore; assistant secretary for consular affairs, Maura Harty; and executives from companies including Boeing, Walt Disney and Marriott International.

With no major changes in sight, executives at Exxon Mobil are meeting with a "significant" number of foreign customers, business partners and employees in Europe and Singapore, said Dan Nelson, who heads the company's legislative strategy team in Washington.

Pixelworks, with no time to appeal visa denials for some 20 employees in China, sent the workers to a Canadian branch office for training, said Chris Bright, a spokesman for the semiconductor maker.

<a href="http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/12/26/business/usvisa.php">http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/12/26/business/usvisa.php</a>

[Proofreader's note: this article was edited for spelling and typos on December 29, 2006]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:41 pm

Let it be done as long as Canada treats American's the same way as American's treat Canadian's, including the same harshness of punishment for violators. A level playing field, remember its their country!

---
Perception is two thirds of what we perceive reality to be.

Difficult decisions are a privilege of rank.

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:58 pm

Perhaps that is what it is supposed to do - scaring people away. That way, US business reps have to go outside the country to do their deals, instead of "foreigners" coming into the country, and (possibly) blowing it up.......

---
"No kingdom could be ruled without lies - - for lies are the things we use to build our reputations."........
King Arthur

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:16 pm

I can remember when America could no wrongs and everybody looked towards it with hope.

Nobody blew up the place when the border was wide open and people moved freely all over the place.

But then, that was before screwball economic theories have given it the licence to become a globalizing empire. Now it suffers the fate of all empires and there's nothing any braindead politician, economist, or priest can do about it.

Except recording the suicide of one more empire. And good riddance to all............

Ed Deak.

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:32 pm

I've been reading Jared Diamond's "Collapse", and the actions we've undertaken and are pursuing in the "New World" are leading us in the direction of all the failed civilizations that have come before.

Diamond says it is reversible. But the catch is: we have to recognise first that there is something wrong.

---
"No kingdom could be ruled without lies - - for lies are the things we use to build our reputations."........
King Arthur

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:11 pm

Perhaps that is what it is supposed to do - scaring people away. That way, US business reps have to go outside the country to do their deals, instead of "foreigners" coming into the country, and (possibly) blowing it up.......

US business reps fall under the same restrictions. They have the same inconvenience when returning home. Perhaps the reason the US has control over the internet as well, is to futher restrict business with foreigners.
The USA is bitter over the trade imbalance and most probably will use close scrutiny on all importation. They may make foreigners hesitate to even sell to the USA and inconvience their their own importers. Goods entering the USA will be treated in the same manner as goods that entered the ussR. Restrictions on people is only a start.

---
Expect little from life and get more from it.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:22 pm

If the US is becoming protectionist, and I have no problem with that, why are they planning a 10 lane NAFTA highway bring more Chinese goods in through NAU Mexico? How will their middlemen make their fortunes and cut their donations back to the parties?

Ed Deak.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 am

>...why are they planning a 10 lane NAFTA highway..<

It's an illusion? Perhaps for the same reason the Romans built their highways.

---

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:10 am

That is a chilling and altogether plausible reason you mention, boflaade.

---
"and the knowledge they fear is a weapon to be used against them"

"The Weapon" - Rush

Most people would prefer a comforting lie over a painful truth.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:33 pm

They have to make travel difficult in order to dissolve our borders and absorb Canada into the US. Canada is already dead officially, just not publically. The SPP is already signed and 2/3 complete but the last third will be publically visible so the public must be brought to accept what has already been agreed upon. The USA takes over the exterior borders of Canada and Mexico and the borders between the three countries disappears.

Of course, they can't sell it as "You're all going to be americans whether you like it or not", so instead they make travel so difficult that we cry out for salvation and one of them will say "Wait a minute, I just had a brand new idea! Lets eliminate the borders entirely!".

Its the same as healthcare. Simply privatizing wouldn't fly with the public so they're making public healthcare so abysmal that we'll beg for privatization.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:20 pm

But the catch is: we have to recognise first that there is something wrong. And herein lies the crux
metaphorically speaking we need a new ride in the carnival life.

going back to Classic Greek and Roman times thi is there for the discovery I found it and will share it with you who read these pages. Once what I give you is *gifted* to you you may do with it as you wish,OK?

Juris ignorantiest com jus nostrum ignoramus.

burn this into your brain, or not.
It is ignorance of the law When*we*do*not*know*our own*rights*

this is more than a cute saying from antiquity
It is encoded and law!

The very law that have dominion over us, mans law too

Without the knowlege of that which has dominion over us we are powerless.
or we hire a lawyer
because we are mystifed.

We are without authoriy over our lives
Its in the book! ( for those of you whe may be familiar with the 1952 It's in the book.
enjoy

It says here, Little Bo Peep
Who was a little girl
Has lost her sheep
And doesn't know where to find them
Now that's reasonable, isn't it

It's, it's reasonable to assume
If Little Bo Peep had lost her sheep
It's only natural
That she wouldn't know where to find them
That, that basically is reasonable
But, uh, "leave them alone
Now that overwhelms me
Completely overwhelms me
The man said she lost her sheep
Turns right around and boldly states
"She doesn't know where to find them"
And then has the stupid audacity to say
"Leave them alone"
Now, now, now think for a moment, think
If the sheep were lost,
And you couldn't find them
You'd have to leave them alone, wouldn't you
So, leave them alone
Leave them alone
It's in the book

Leave them alone and they
They being the sheep, "they will come home"
Ah yes, they'll come home
Oh, there'll be a brighter day tomorrow
They will come home
It's in the book

They will come home a-waggin' their tails
Pray tell me what else could they wag
They will come home a-waggin' their tales
Behind them, behind them
Did we think they'd wag them in front
Of course, they might have come home in reverse
They could have done that, I really don't know
But, none the less
It's in the book

So now if you will, kindly pick up your books
And turn to page 222
We'll ask you all to sing
You'll find your books on the backs of your seats
Are we ready

Everyone, 222
Let's really enjoy ourselves
Let's live it up
All together

Do you remember grandma's lye soap
Good for everything in the home
And the secret was in the scrubbing
It wouldn't suds and couldn't foam

Then let us all sing right out of grandma's
Of grandma's lye soap
Used for, for everything
Everything on the place
For pots and kettles
The dirty dishes
And for your hands and for your face

Shall we now sing the second verse
Let's get it with great exuberance, let's live it up
It's not raining inside tonight
Everyone, let's have a happy time
Are we ready
All together, the second verse

Little Herman and brother Thurman
Had an aversion to washing their ears
Grandma scrubbed them with the lye soap
And they haven't heard a word in years

Of grandma's lye soap
Sing all out, all over the place
The pots and kettles, the dirty dishes
And also hands and also f.....
(clapping fades)

Well, let's sing what's left of the last verse
Let's have a happy time, everyone
The last verse, al-l-l-l together
Ev-v-v-very one

Mm-m-m-m, thank you kindly, kindly
M-m-mrs, O'Malley, out in the valley
Suffered from ulcers, I understand
She swallowed a cake of grandma's lye soap
Has the cleanest ulcers in the land

Of grandma's lye soap
Sing right out, all over the place
The pots and, the pots and pans, oh dirty dishes
And the hands..

I can *hear* the song
and it has more power in performance that in the reading

In Honour of Myself , Catherine Whelen Costen, and Ed Deak plus all others who want to know what to do or can be done to brak the hold
Cognise your Rights
Claim them!

Arlo Guthery told us in the long version of Alices Rest araunt
The power of ONE multiplied
go get your rights" Whats stopping ya?
rsvp me

---
When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. -Gary Lloyd
or *lex ferenda"

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:11 am

We are without authoriy over our lives
Its in the book! ( for those of you whe may be familiar with the 1952 It's in the book. enjoy<<

Yorgy Yorgason, I think. I still have the fourty-five. He was a fake Swede but so enjoyable to hear. I hope Canadians don't become fake Americans, as we would not be enjoyable to hear.

---

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:10 am

Performer Johnny Standley

"Johnny Standley provides the evening's comedy highlight with a preacher's interpretation of "Little Bo Peep"
The number was done in the style of a Black Southern Baptist Preacher wthe the chorus done as :Call and Response:

I always wanted church to be like those BSBP's ran them

They had fun

Bring back fun
911 murdered fun and Stole our Freedoms, But hey!We're ignorant of then and have left them unclaimed

it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights" [ juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]

---
When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. -Gary Lloyd
or *lex ferenda"

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:55 pm

"Johnny Standley provides the evening's comedy highlight with a preacher's interpretation of "Little Bo Peep"
The number was done in the style of a Black Southern Baptist Preacher wthe the chorus done as :Call and Response:<<

My verson is from the early fifties. The guy did it as a Swede. My dad played that fourty-five every Christmas. My mom keeps it for me. You brought back some old but enjoyable memories. Also on the record; "I just go nuts at Christmas"

---

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:09 pm

<a href="http://www.yogiyorgesson.com/recordings.html">http://www.yogiyorgesson.com/recordings.html</a> You have that version?<br />
'cause i can find no record (Punny) of it<p>---<br> [juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]<br />
<br />
it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights" <br />
<br />
*lex ferenda"

William Blake