Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:32 am

I lived in Calgary when the boom became a bust in 1981 due to PET. The Heritage Trust Fund had been built up by then, and other Canadian provinces borrowed from it (at less than market rates?. I guess this is still being done.

However, "charity begins at home", and Alberta has all the right to look after itself as a first priority. It was shafted by Ottawa & Central Canada for much of its century-long provincehood. (Crow rate, sub-surface rights).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:36 am

Glad to see some Albertans on here!!! I've heard people out east complaining again on the news!! It's only $400.00 people - is this what it's come down to?? Why should we carry the rest of you people on our shoulders?? It's too bad this is Klein's last term - I'd vote for him again - he has the people of Alberta in mind - not the rest of you!!

Seeing people complaining about this on the news just makes me sick, and it makes me worried at the same time. The rest of Canada can't handle their own finances and they want our Oil money, but in a Federal Election our vote doesn't count!!! What's the deal with that??!!

In the next election if there IS a seperatist party that doesn't revolve around religion - I am in. Period. It's like the parent who is still letting their 35 year-old son live in the basement... TIME TO CUT THE CORD and tell those kids to start supporting themselves!!!