Author Topic Options

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:57 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> Diogenes
<strong>Date:</strong> 2005-11-28 17:57:00
<a href="/article/175714738-liberal-government-falls">Article Link</a>

But unlike the weeks leading up to this moment, the mood in the Commons was downright jovial prior to the vote, with MPs streaming into the House with the final bells ringing, laughing and joking as they took their seats. Speaker Peter Milliken joked that after the vote there would be a reception to allow members to "exchange Season's Greetings" -- referring to the fact that it would be the last day in the House of Commons until after the election.

During the vote itself, both Mr. Martin and Opposition Leader Stephen Harper received standing ovations as they voted on opposite sides of the confidence motion. As well, MPs on either side of the House who were ill but who rushed in for the vote, and MPs who are not planning to seek re-election, received standing ovations from their respective parties and hugs and handshakes during the vote, which took less than 15 minutes.

Full article:
<a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051128.wmainvote_21128/BNStory/National/">http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051128.wmainvote_21128/BNStory/National/</a>

[Proofreader's note: this article was edited for spelling and typos on December 3, 2005]

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:23 am

YES THEY SURE DID, NOW LETS HOPE THEY BREAK THEIR NECK!!!

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:36 am

I watched the speeches this morning. Here's the gist:

Liberal: "We tried to make Parlament work, but the opposition wanted an election. We aren't the bad guys here"

Conservative: "The government was corrupt and unyielding, it had to go."

Bloc: "Gomrey . . .Gomrey . . . we'll help the farmers abandoned by the corrupt Liberals . . . Gomrey"

NDP: "The government was working with our support, but they wouldn't compromise, so they had to go."

Take the campaign from 18 months ago, give it a new coat of paint (for the most part) and that's what then next 9 weeks will be like.

---
"If you must kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite about it." Winston Churchill

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:30 pm

The electorate is responsible! PERIOD!
As far as I can see the Con Party will sell out to the yanks in a way that will make Mulroney look like a staunch patriot
What needs to happen in this country won't, the combination of Multiculturalism and special interest groups will see to that.

If anybody is gullible enough to believe there is no international grand scheme being played out here their children and grand children will believe it, because it is our legacy to them: the lack of political awareness.

One of the most important threads on vive concerns it self with propaganda and propaganda will be kicked into high gear, Harper will sweep the polls and you all can kiss sovereignty bye-bye.

"Public opinion must be scientifically engineered from above in order to control the rabble."

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:10 pm

<blockquote>As far as I can see the Con Party will sell out to the yanks in a way that will make Mulroney look like a staunch patriot</blockquote><p> <blockquote>"Public opinion must be scientifically engineered from above in order to control the rabble."</blockquote><P> Hmmmm. Funny how the latter quote describes the former. Did you also believe the Liberal propaganda that the Reform Party was a bunch of Red-Necked Bigots? Will you believe the Liberals when they tell you that the NDP are deficit spenders, or that CAP and Green are only fringe parties and have no chance of winning an election?<p> <p>---<br>"If you must kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite about it." Winston Churchill<br />

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:31 pm

I see both your points... but I can't help but wonder at the bigger picture, including the timing of the dissolution, the timing of the election, the agenda of the Cons and its red, white and blue appearance..<br />
Bottom line I agree with is that Canada's population is not that politically aware, and 'that' is the danger.<br />
Martin did jump on board with Fox and Bush regarding the North American border union plans, which appear to be slated for 2010 or thereabouts... so I wonder what Martin may have personally done to anger the NWO crowd...<br />
<br />
Also, as all bills and business effectively die in the house die at dissolution, it may be worth checking the 'Status of House Business' page, available at the parliament website ( <a href="http://www.parl.gc.ca/38/1/parlbus/chambus/house/status/statuscov-e.html">http://www.parl.gc.ca/38/1/parlbus/chambus/house/status/statuscov-e.html</a> ). Just a hunch, but I'm curious to see what business is coming to a halt from all this..<p>---<br>"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Nov. 6, 2005<br />
<br />

"It's a heck of a place to bring your family." —George W. Bush, on New Orleans, La., Jan. 12, 2006

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:39 pm

re: the big picture
Now thatI have read your point I get that It makes no-never-mind who gets power!
The sellout willcome no matter which major group of crooks get selected

---
Your mantra has been your opinions are stifled due to their contrary nature, when they are actually stifled for being without perceivable foundation

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:44 pm

Not 'fuuny' 'odd' or even by chance Dr. (and what the hell DOES the 'Dr' stand for ?)

what ever gave you the idea(s) I would believe any of what is said by ANY party?

---
Your mantra has been your opinions are stifled due to their contrary nature, when they are actually stifled for being without perceivable foundation

William Blake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:36 pm

They're going to get re-elected again. I say this in hope that I will be wrong but I doubt it. Quebec has the Bloc, the west had Reform, then CA, and now the Conservative Party, and Ontario has the Liberals. This is Ontario's regional party and the Liberals have cramed enough people into Ontario to stuff the ballots.

You wouldn't belive some of the comments coming of the streets of apathetic (and pathetic) Toronto. One man said he didn't trust the conservatives. This after Gomery. Another man said its better to have the devil you know. Unbelievable. What do the Liberals have to do to get them kicked out? One poll reported that 54% of respondents felt it was time for a change in government yet the Liberals lead in the polls. Amazing. Canadians deserve the messed up nation they get and they do not deserve the great nation that Canada can be. Now I know how a democrate feels in Geroge Bush's America.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:00 pm

I will vote NDP and pray that the Conservative Party doesn't win a minority government. If the Libs get back in, I'll accept that begrudgingly.

But if the Conservative Party gets in, I will throw every ounce of personal energy I have behind the Sovereignty Movement in Quebec. I do not want to live under a fascist regime. I do NOT want to see Canada sucked into George's War. I will even consider emigrating to Europe (fortunately, I have this option). Enough is enough.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:19 pm

The really sad part is that if the Conservatives had a leader from Ontario (or, even better, Quebec), they'd have a chance of forming a majority government - even if he had Harper's personality and policies. After all, rhetoric aside, Martin's policies aren't much different from Harper's. The Prime Minister's residence is a clubhouse that Westerners aren't allowed into.

Canadians are such hypocrites. They'll vote for conservative policies as long as they're delivered by mealy-mouthed Liberals from Quebec who put on bulls**t "I care" airs.

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:21 pm

D - R is just that. A 'D' then an 'r'. No little period. Just a name.

I was referring tot he Anon above. Just curious how they could be talking of the engineering of public opinion, then falling for that engineering themselves.

But you're right, any of the major parties suck. Just some suck less than others. I knew that the day my Reformers decided to take the MP pensions, after saying they wouldn't, and after voting themselves raises after they said they wouldn't. Reform managed to get one Senator 'elected', but Triple E senate is missing from the CPC platform. At least, from their website it is. Most of the old Reform policy has been erased from their platform.

And Paul Martin, after saying he'll end croneyizm, appointed a Senator who was the disgraced Minister of Justice under Trudeau. Remember the one who got his girlfriend an abortion by forging her husband's name? Yea. PMPM made him a senator.

So, I say out with them both. Let's pull a Mulroney-ish style cleaning of the house, and kick both parties out.

NDP, CAP and Green in whichever proportions you wish. It's obvious that the Libs and Cons don't play well together. And I'm fed up paying for it.

---
"If you must kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite about it." Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:25 pm

If you consider Harper a fascist, then you're probably better off emigrating to Cuba.

Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:35 pm

I'm voting NDP. The only chance the NDP has of getting into power is if they start running a campaign on free trade and the americanization of Canada. What person in this country who loves Canada just a bit would place their vote with Liberals who have taken the heart and soul of this country and put it a bunch of free trade agreements.

In my university classes of political science I had Liberals in my class and what has made them switch over to the NDP is me telling them to wake up and realize that most of Canada is American owned because of the LIBERALS. Our oil, forestry industry,corporations and big businesses. Almost all of english Canadian culture is american. 85% of the magazines you see on the stand are american, more then half the television we see is American and 99% of movies shown in english Canada are American owned. This is because of the LIBERALS not the "scary" conservatives. Jack Layton will win when he starts talking about these things. If I can get staunch liberals to turn their vote to the NDP and keep their vote there then certainly if JAck Layton starts campaiging on this issue across Canada HE WILL WIN.

By voting NDP they would put a clean face of federalism in Quebec and they would have values that fit those in Quebec and the rest of Canada. To me as someone living in Saskatchewan I look at federalists in Quebec as being responsible for kicking separatists out of power and helping to elect New Democrats to show there fellow Quebecers who are separatists that federalism doesn't have to be associated with corruption and there can be such thing as a federalist party that is left wing!

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:51 pm

Oh, enough of the regionalizing,already! It has nothing to do with not allowing a westerner into 24 Sussex. Both Martin and Harper are American corporate fascists. Jack Layton is still half-ass Jack. I will stay with the Canadian Action Party, a party who`s platform truly stands for Canada!

---
Dave Ruston

Dave Ruston