Author Topic Options

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:25 am

Dat dere Who-sane?

He's the counterfeit raison d'être for all those things you listed, and then some.

---
When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. -Gary Lloyd
or *lex ferenda"

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:58 am

Hussain lost......and the winners write history.......

---
"No kingdom could be ruled without lies - - for lies are the things we use to build our reputations."........
King Arthur

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:56 am

Hussein Video Grips Iraq; Attacks Go On <br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/world/middleeast/31iraq.html?ex=1168232400&en=64b71a1414fcc1ca&ei=5070&emc=eta1">http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/world/middleeast/31iraq.html?ex=1168232400&en=64b71a1414fcc1ca&ei=5070&emc=eta1</a><br />
<br />
Did Americans honestly expect everything to suddenly be "peace, love, understanding" when the great tyrant was put to death?<p>---<br>"No kingdom could be ruled without lies - - for lies are the things we use to build our reputations."........<br />
King Arthur <br />

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:44 pm

>>He's the counterfeit raison d'être for all those things you listed, and then some.<<

I guess he became the quick-fix when an excuse was being demanded. If anything, the man (& his country) was a teaching tool for the Americans. They now take their time and plan the strategy PRIOR to their invasions. Iran, as an example. The Americans slowly tease the world with mis-information untill they have the affluent & influential backing their cause. When the time is right, only then will they begin their destruction. Even Haliburton will wait for their time before collecting the profit. Apparantly the reconstruction of Iraq is through "loans" to the Iraqi and the US is demanding their government begin the oil-wealth sharing immediately. In Iran, those loans will be prepaid. Another lesson learned.

---
Expect little from life and get more from it.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:07 pm

Did Americans honestly expect<<

No they didn't. Perhaps when the statue came down at the start, they thought there would be reverance & awe. Few people in the world doubted the man would be put to death. Even the military commanders expected some sort of revenge but no exuberance from the Iraqi. I imagine few residents of Iraq felt the total destruction and occupation of their country was worth the few seconds of Saddam on the end of a hangmans rope.

---

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:51 pm

Who said that revenge for the hanging of Saddam Hussein had to be immediate?

Any commander worth his salt would wait until a time when the damage done by a reprisal would be it's greatest.

And obviously, immediately after the hanging when the US and their accomplices are expecting it is NOT the time to pick.

Hussein should have been tried at International Court of Justice, and not by the US and their lapdogs.

But then, what else does one expect from a bastard Presidency anyways?

---
"and the knowledge they fear is a weapon to be used against them"

"The Weapon" - Rush

Most people would prefer a comforting lie over a painful truth.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:34 pm

Who said that revenge for the hanging of Saddam Hussein had to be immediate?<<

"No one" The US is planning on adding more troops in the immediate future. Some from as near as Kuwait. Perhaps they (the Americans) feel a "show of force" will discourage any uprising. Hey! Have they ever been wrong before?

---

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:22 pm

They can put any number of troops into Iraq. It should have been obvious for a long time that traditional, especially motorized, armies are no damn good against guerillas, as the US found out in Vietnam after over 60,000 dead and missing, the Soviets in Afghanistan after over 12,000 dead and half million casualties.

Yet, the officers still think they can win ?

"Yes Sir, general Sir, just give me...... !" It must break their hearts that they can't click their heels with rubber soled boots in their neatly ironed camouflage uniforms that only saw the inside of offices, helicopters and armoured vehicles.

Ed Deak.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:40 pm

the reconstruction of Iraq was planned long before the second illegal invasion as i recall.

I have begun my self directed study of the rule book, Blackstone's Commentaries on the law.

Bare in mind,
"The essence of the law is deceit" Fredric Bastiat and more importantly,

juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus "it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights"

Happy New Year
Diogenes
ps
Plutarch quote
"If I were not Alexander, I would be Diogenes." ;-)

---
When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. -Gary Lloyd
or *lex ferenda"

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:29 am

the reconstruction of Iraq was planned long before the second illegal invasion as i recall<<

The payback is not on schedule. The "Iraq government" hasn't yet set up the "oil wealth sharing program". The US government (Haliburton) has not been paid in full, the cost of repairing their destruction. One can see their hesitance in leaving, before the debt is paid.

---

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:13 pm

"Now there's peace, Saddam is dead" (quote from article) will likely go down in history just as that other infamous "Mission Accomplished" statement.

Jacob

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:19 pm

will likely go down in history just as that other infamous "Mission Accomplished" statement.<<

Didn't Bush say that a few years ago, along with "We are winning".

---