Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Title: St. Albert Healing Garden Is Necessary
Written By: JaredMilne
Date: Thursday, November 03 at 18:20
The St. Albert Healing Garden, meant to be a way of recognizing the abuse and torment that Indigenous survivors of the residential school system endured, has had a rough ride lately. The committee overseeing the Garden ended up having to come back to City Council for more funding after geotechnical reports showed that new pilings would be needed for the construction, because of the high water tables. Council balked at the increased cost, and asked the committee to try to find another site. Residential school survivors working with the committee described the incident as a �slap in the face�. Meanwhile, some residents are questioning the amount of money we�re spending on the Garden and whether the Garden is even necessary.
read more

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Looks like 2016 can claim another death - Vive (ironic as that is).

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Don't count me out just yet, Individualist-as long as I'm around, this site will *never* die!

"Nations were now formed by the agglomeration of communities having kindred interests and sympathies...It was a benefit rather than otherwise that we had a diversity of races."-Sir George Etienne Cartier, February 7, 1865

"I am a Canadian. Canada is the inspiration of my life. I have had before me as a pillar of fire by night and a pillar of cloud by day a policy of true Canadianism, of moderation, of conciliation."-Sir Wilfrid Laurier, 1911.