Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:07 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> jensonj
<strong>Date:</strong> 2007-01-21 16:07:22
<a href="/article/80722888-stop-the-abuse-says-taxpayers-watchdog">Article Link</a>

Calls to the Speaker's office were not returned yesterday.

<a href="http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2007/01/21/pf-3418686.html">http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/2007/01/21/pf-3418686.html</a>

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:26 pm

In the unlikely event that you run out of toilet paper, you can always do the job with ANY piece of literature from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

This both promotes recycling and, just for the purpose of experiment, you will get to see just how much sh*t you can add to the tripe in said literature.

---
"and the knowledge they fear is a weapon to be used against them"

"The Weapon" - Rush

Most people would prefer a comforting lie over a painful truth.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:08 am

That’s what I’ve always admired about our posts Deacon,
Balance, decorum and fairness. hehehe

---
[juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]

it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights"

lex ferenda

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:59 am

The truth requires no balance. heh

Fairness: see antonym: Canadian Taxpayers Federation

Was watching George Carlin and I guess found my groove once again.

Decorum: a social convention where "killing" is relabelled "termination", torture is referred to as "gathering intelligence", shafting your employees is called "downsizing", profiteering off of exploited third world labour is called "competitiveness", and blatant propaganda designed to deceive and mislead us is called "truth".

Screw it, and anything that looks, acts, or smells like it.

---

"The Weapon" - Rush

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:16 am

are you saying its normal/right for them to do the mail outs?

I'm a newbie to politics, in case its not obvious.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:07 am

If you do some research, you'll soon find the the CTF and the Harper Conservatives are pretty much joined at the hip.<br />
<br />
Follow this:<br />
<br />
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Taxpayers_Federation">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Taxpayers_Federation</a><br />
<br />
<p>---<br>"and the knowledge they fear is a weapon to be used against them"<br />
<br />
"The Weapon" - Rush

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:27 am

The Canadian (council of CEOs) Taxpayers Federation never lies, it always tells the truthiness.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:29 am

Far OUT!!! Groovy Dude. Groove on over to the 'Illusion' thread and groove on the path back to what was stolen from us all, Yes!, even from indy as much as he wants to think not....
he is part of the all.

---
[juris ignorantia est cum jus nostrum ignoramus]

it is ignorance of the law when we do not know our own rights"

lex ferenda

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:55 pm

wow...like does that mean..like..they're honest?

*cynic mode = on

---

"The Weapon" - Rush

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 am

I figure that the Canadian government (doesn't matter which party is in power) is at best 25% efficient.......

---
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
-Max Planck

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:26 am

"Stop the 'abuse,' says taxpayers' watchdog"

Every time I'm forced into paying taxes I feel abused because I am being abused. If I refuse to pay the extortion fee, thugs armed with all sorts of weapons will come calling. I have no problem paying for worthwhile services, I don't even mind paying to help those less fortunate than myself, but I do mind being forced to pay for something that I have absolutely no say in how the money is to be spent. Forced taxation without any accountability can only be described as armed robbery on a grand scale.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:01 am

Oh come on, how can you criticise paying $37 billion a year in interest to banks when we get to use their credit as our money? If not for banks creating credit, we'd have to do something like have the government print interest free money that would serve only as the economy's lubricant. Of course, the bankers would then be homeless and that $37 billion per year would just be wasted on hypochondriacs, malcontents, and layabouts! Hospitals, social services, education, for what?

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:21 am

Sorry man, I forgot about how useful those banks are that loan out money that they don't actually have and then double it on "legal" interest rates. It was very gracious of past and current Canadian governments to put the yoke of interest payment slavery on all of us.

I'll now continue to make voluntary tax payments to help out these poor banks, not to forget helping out the war effort, you know, the war on drugs and the war on terrorism, and to help out big corporations that exploit our natural resources, and last but not least, to help out with our chidrens education ... oh, I forgot ... to hell with those schools, we did not need them anyway!