Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 am

Title: The Super-Rich and Canadians. 'Come the revolution....'
Written By: Robin Mathews
Date: Friday, February 07 at 17:10
In the sharpening contest between the repressive super-rich of the world and protesting populations, Canada's major political parties have lined up.  With the super-rich.  But ... 'come the revolution ....'
read more

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 am

Well, I must admit that I am surprised that Mathews is not calling for the outright elimination of private enterprise. I suppose the devil is in the details, but perhaps he isn't quite as far to the extreme left as I had previously believed.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:27 am

Contrary to the so-called "Chicago School", laissez faire is not the be all and end all for the average citizen of the world.

And besides (as an old uncle of mine once intoned), it is virtually impossible to get rich under current laws (assuming they are rigorously applied) without cheating.

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs"
RickW

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:43 am

So it sounds like you and your uncle believe that there is no such thing as a good rich person. How McQuaig of your both.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:57 am

Under current laws and regulations (rigorously appled), it is impossible for anyone to get rich without "special dispensations" from government. BP (for instance), would be broke had it actually been required to fully comensate everyone for losses and to fully cleanup the Gulf "spill". Likewise, the government enforced a "no-fly" zone at the request of Exxon at it's Mayflower spill. Likewise with the Kalamazoo oil spill with Enbridge.

Check it out, rather than simply react irrationally.

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs"
RickW

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Nobody from the three corporate parties talks about monetary reform- actually using the Bank of Canada to create our national money supply- instead of borrowing from private international, sociopathic, blood thirsty bankers who thrive on death, destruction, torture, war, and slavery. And nobody from the three corporate parties talks about scrapping NAFTA, WTO, and other corporate wish lists which effectively neuter governments, rendering them unable to even wipe their own nether regions if it eats into corporate profits!

The whole system is a criminal one! And our politicians who do the bidding of the banker-corporate fascists are criminals as well! And while there is much to admire about entrepreneurs like Henry Ford, today's corporate slimeballs surely are mostly criminal sociopaths who'd sell arsenic laced baby formula to make a profit. And if they didn't make enough profit, they'd demand corporate welfare through their puppets, courtesy of the taxpayers! And what is also true today is that if someone wants to start up a business, they better have money and connections to begin with, because if they don;t the big guys at the top will ensure they don't even get off the ground. Because the truth is, there's no such thing as a 'free market.' It always has been fixed, by the rich, for the rich. Wanna know who rules the world? Just follow the coupons, I mean, money.

Dave Ruston

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 am

This is the most accurate description of the current state of what happening to Canada and as well what needs to take place to rid ourselves of corporate rule. We have to stand up soon . Thanks Robin, John Waddington