Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:53 am

Title: The Two Sides Of The Anti-Terror Coin
Written By: JaredMilne
Date: Thursday, August 25 at 18:25
The wave of attacks that have occurred this summer have made the debate over how to respond to terrorism more heated than ever, with calls for Canada and its allies to step up the fight against ISIS and other organizations. Other voices decry what they see as the tarring of all Muslims and people of Arab and Middle Eastern background as potential terrorists, arguing that it amounts to racism and judging people guilty until proven innocent.
read more

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:53 am

"True believers" in just about any cultural, ideological or religious system can be dangerous. Once you start seeing people who have different ideas from you as a "threat" that has to be silenced or neutralized rather than someone either to engage in debate with, passively listen to or ignore, you're crossing a line. And "I don't like what you're saying so I'm going to kill you" is only the extreme end of a behavioural spectrum that also includes "I don't like what you're saying so I'm going to dox you and try to get you fired" (the go-to strategy of millenial SJWs).

I also include on that spectrum the labelling as un-Canadian (implying treasonous) of right-of-centre opinion (and specifically Western Canadian populist conservatism) by the defenders of the old Laurentian Consensus. With Stephen Harper leaving public life, I think this is a good time to acknowledge the service he had done Canadians by demonstrating that a party thinking outside the Laurentian box could form government. Here's hoping the Downtown Consensus proves just as capable of being challenged.