Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Title: The Wildrose Alliance: An Example Of Alberta Centrism
Written By: JaredMilne
Date: Wednesday, June 11 at 18:12
In 2012, it seemed as though Alberta’s long-running Progressive Conservative dynasty was finished. The Wildrose Alliance party, led by Danielle Smith, was set to form government.
Hence it was all the more shocking that the Wildrose lost the election.
read more

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Seems that Ontario-ans and Alberta-ites have something in common, election-wise.......

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs"
RickW

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:10 am

The real political division in Canada is no longer east-west, however much the vestigial Laurentian Consensus types would like to keep it so, but urban versus suburban and rural. Calgary elected Nenshi. Rob Ford is looked upon as an unwelcome suburban intrusion onto the urban playground. Tim Hudak went as far right as he did in the last election at least partially due to pressure from the rural wing of the party (Randy Hillier et al). Downtown Toronto activists routinely push for the kind of aggressive social engineering and central planning that would have made a Soviet blush. Bike-riding graphic designers living in the Annex seem to consider themselves qualified to tell the rest of us how we should live. Hopefully Justin realizes he can't play the same old "screw the West" game that his dad, Keith Davey and Marc Lalonde did. It's a different Canada, with different ideological fault lines. I guess that's one of the reasons Justin recruited Toronto left stalwart (and all-around "Toronto uber alles" douche) Adam Vaughan as a candidate.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:09 pm

So there's STILL "reds-under-every-bed"?

RickW

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:19 pm

I agree, there does seem to be an artificial schism being created between urban and rural. That's all part of the UN's agenda 21 plan to push rural folk off of their land and into the cities where it's easier to control them. Then their fertile farmland will be given over to corporations like Monsanto or Tyson Meats. Sadly, many rural folk have been tricked into thinking that the conservatives represent them and stand up for property rights. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! (No, I'm not endorsing the fiberals or non-democrats, either.)

It was/is the WASHINGTON CONSENSUS that was instrumental in playing off east vs west in Canada so that Canada could never achieve resource security and sovereignty, like the National Energy Program was actually designed to do. Over the long run, had the NEP not been dismantled by Lyin' Brian, we'd have that security, which would have been beneficial for all of Canada, including the west. Now, our gas prices in Canada are dictated to us by the oligopoly of Exxon-Mobil, Suncor, BP-Amoco, Royal Dutch Shell, and the like. And it has nothing to do with 'ISIS' storming an Iraqi refinery. It really has to do with the fact that the value of our puppet dollar, has been tied to the US petro dollar, resulting in both coupons crashing in value and purchasing power.

But I do agree, that these useful idiots known as bike riding graphic designers, among others, need to be bitch slapped! ( Oops! Guess I'm on the terrorist watch list now.)

Dave Ruston

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:20 am

RickW RickW:
So there's STILL "reds-under-every-bed"?

Well, looking under random beds is more likely to uncover men having affairs with married women than Marxists. It would be much easier and more productive to simply wander around the York U or Ryerson campuses.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:54 am

On the look out for social democrats.....?

RickW