Author Topic Options

Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:01 am

To Quote Ed Deaks
"Unless humanity will one day wake up and start looking for, and using solid physical facts for the determination of their beliefs, and fate, this ever repeated cycle of programmed self destruction will just carry on unabated. "

How true Mr. Ed Deaks, this is why people must start thinking for themselves instead of being take down a road that lead to know where good, except for the political party those of you have to depend upon to think for your selves. The proof that our fate is on a path to loosing what we call a democracy is evident. Those of you who cannot think outside the party bvox have been programmed on a path of self destruction, until "you" say enough of this party bullshit.

Ask yourself this question, what is the purpose of a political party and who does the party serve? When less than 2% of the voting population belong to and are card carrying members of a party, "THINK" who speaks for the other 98 % of the voters who did not support or hold membership in the party lucky enough to form "government" ?

Why should this ever be called a democratic system, all one need to is look back in history and think about all of the lies, corruption and stealing these political parties have never been held accountable for.. booting a corrupt political party out of office is not holding them accountable for anything.. in fact you set them free to return with a better plan the next time around..

My god wake up.. say no to this crap, draw an X through all names and write in none of the above. But do not support these three sick old tired parties.

---
Good government is not a party government

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:12 am

Don't get me wrong, the site seems to be a decent resource, and many thanks to the author for making the particular resource I was looking for available. <br />
<br />
Just wanted to establish a healthy personal distance from gems like this one:<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.constitution.org/shad4816.htm">http://www.constitution.org/shad4816.htm</a><br />
<br />
So, point taken, maybe I've been too harsh in my attempt to note that use of a link does not imply endorsement of all materials on the site hosting the link (you know how many anons have trouble with that one). My ufosandaliensareinvolveditis is acting up again and making me cranky!<br />
<br />
"... can be found in your quick-call..."<br />
<br />
Not a quick-call, Dio, I assure you. Again, a great resource on the principles of consitutitional republicanism: taken with a grain of salt it might be a decent assigned read for the average vive enthusiast. Still, some of its conclusions I'd rather establish my distance from. I know, a proper skeptic shouldn't poke fun like that, but we all have our bad days.<br />

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:06 am

While I agree with you in theory, Wayne, I will vote, and for the NDP, with the faintest hope for getting rid of our present useless, seatwarmer Reform remnant MP, Dick Harris, who got in with a 3000 majority the last time.

Our Cariboo-Chilcotin riding was eliminated on account of forced urbanization, and we've been lumped in with Prince George. Before that we also had a completely useless Reform hack by the name of Philip Mayfield, the unknown MP, who got in with huge landslides 2 or 3 times, for the last time with 51%, the first MP declared elected in BC at the time. He was even interviewed on CBC and asked why he was called "the unknown MP", and he had no answer.

That guy sat through several Parliaments, elected in union towns and areas, and did absolutely nothing. When the MAI negotiations were going on and our MPs had no copies in the summer of '97, I wrote to Mayfield, asking for his and his Party's stand on the treaty, but they had no copies. So I sent him the 375 pages I had in my computer since May '97. Silence ! Then a month, or so, later, I got a letter from the office of Preston Manning "....thank you for your letter to Mr.Manning, etc. PR BS " I didn't write to Mr.Manning and was not interested in his opinions, but our MP had none.
I don't think he'd even realized what the MAI was about?

Now we have the same kind of useless appendage ready to be re-elected, this time on a much larger area. If we don't vote against him, his supporters will and we have to put up with him for another session.

The NDP candidate has the chance of a snowflake in hell, although he's a good man, but at least we can
register our opposition to the present seatwarmer.

We had the same problem provincially. In Cariboo North we had a disaster area of a BCLiberal MLA (in reality a branch of the Reform/Conservative gang), John Wilson, for 9 years.

Wilson was elected twice, for the last time with a 5,000 majority and disappeared from the scene. He was even photographed sleeping in Parliament. Then for 4 years we had another seatwarmer also in Cariboo South. His only comments were making excuses for the Campbell gang's dismantling of BC.

Last May we got rid of both and replaced them, with squeaking low majorities, with a couple of hard working NDP MLAs, one a former Conservative, another a former Liberal and they make no secret of why they have switched. They're in the papers all the time, fighting for their constituents.

If we'd ruined our ballots, or stayed home, we would still have the useless bums sleeping on the job.

Whether we like it, or not, we have a form of electoral system, controlled and based on Parties, we have to live with.

If we don't vote, the special interests will and we'll be living in a dictatorship. I don't like the system any more than anybody, but this is the one we have, and have to make the best of by voting for the least offensive Party, wich, in my opinion, is the NDP. At least in our area.

Ed Deak, Big Lake, BC.

Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:05 am

Drawing an "x" or writing "none of the above" on a ballot is spoiling the ballot. It accomplishes little other than giving the spoiler some sense of accomplishment at having thumbed their nose at the system. There is no benefit to society. The problem is that we have to change the system and we have to use the political system to do it. To put it another way, every action you take is a political action. Refusing to participate is a political action. Yes the political system is corrupt. We have no choice (that I know of) other than to revamp the whole system. One way to do this is to elect parties which have not been in power before. If they do not make immediate healthy changes then they should be turfed and a new party should be elected. Vigilance is required at all times in the political system. One way to lessen the amount of damage that politicians can do is to strip them of legislative power. Referendums are a way to accomplish that. A "fair" proportional representation system (16% of the votes should give a party 16% of the total seats in the HOC) and an equal riding system (same number of people in every riding except the last one)would ensure that everybody's vote counted.

We have to make changes to the way things are done because, ultimately, we are responsible for everything that is and was done in our names.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:17 pm

Thankyou for your insightful rebutal.
I hope a new standard is being set by all in this regard.
Yeah the ufo/alien subject(s) stretch our willingness to accept that which we have scant knowledge of ... and i judge a site by it's overal presentation.
One reference to alien of in the case Of David Ikie,shape shifting lizard people is enough to disregarf the totalof his work.
My attitude on that topic forever change after seeing the movie,"A Beautiful Mind" based on a Nobel Prize winner who was/is delusional with Schizophrenia.
I notice judgements being made and vile insults being hurled on these pages(done it myself too)on these pages and from a moderator too (lmao mustn't miss an oppertunity) My point is ...it is our passionate"beliefs" that lead us down this name-calling and intollerant behaviours.

Again ThankYou for your response
Dio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:45 pm

...and this is where the topic doglegs or veers off!

I will give you your thoughts on the issue of governace requires breaking out of the 'certainty' that binds behaviours, but,and I mean but as in negating the words and thoughts prior to the full-stop ci=onjunction...unless something of equal or greater value replaces that which is taken away the message is moot.
I will not disrespect your passioon the topic Wayne.
I will continue topoint out though that a full scale counterplan must be in place in order to throw off that which now rules us!
In my never-so-humble opinion i see no ,repeatNO evidence of such a happening,either now or in the nearfuture.

The workof Bandler and others of his field thrives on dealing with people who are stuck.It is our 'stuckedness' or certainty that we can be and are, manipulated by. People, all people,you I and every where in between runour lives on what we hold as belief.
You think not?
read carefully the offerings on thes ange pages like them
The saying that 'proves' to me at least this is sothe semi humourous definition of insanity--
The definition of insanity is the continuious repeating of a behaviour while holding the expectation the outcome will change if done long enough (my paraphrase)
Dio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:57 pm

People cannot think for themselves for just 1 reason. Not one person has an original thought. Think about it. Why is that statement true?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:06 pm

Well my though is of the years of lies and corruption and just because it is a party system now , it always was not.
You see the rich and elite came up with the party idea for Canada , they knew it would giive them control.

Call it what you like , I drawing a X through the names and printing in None of the above and I will sign it.

My vote will be a true protest vote and I will have been checked off as a voter. I am tired of being lied to.

Wayne Coady

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:09 pm

Wayne, Amigo,friend and fellow traveller
the perps of the corruption can care less whether a ballot is spoiled or not!
Your action is soley for your benefit

I too am tired of being lied to, and have been since the moment of my birth, as was my child and if she chooses to her children will too!

Detecting deceit Before it happens is the key
It is our gulability that fuels them
(for more on detecting deceit and how to spot it p.m. me)

I will no longer speculate on what could or might be as evidence to the contrary abounds on these forums

Being stuck on "RIGHT" does not work

Until the the concept of Jus, from which the word jus-tice Derives, universaly, and I see scant evidence of that, the changes we speak of will not occur.

---
Your mantra has been your opinions are stifled due to their contrary nature, when they are actually stifled for being without perceivable foundation

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:16 am

John Kenneth Galbraith had a good quote about this topic:

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everybody gets busy on the proof.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:23 am

The main problem is that only the human species have the capacity for abstract thought, which has been used by ruling predators since the beginning of history to distract humanity from realities.

So now, in one classroom in our schools we learn the physical realities of life and of global existence, then, in the next class we learn how to ignore them.

Universities have whole departments, and faculties, set up and financed for the teachings of impossible dreams. We have millions of people with PhDs behind their names, earned for studies that prove that 2+2=5, or 6.3, or 2.9, or whatever the rulers are willing to pay for.

Our present election campaign is an excellent example.

Ed Deak, Big Lake, BC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:52 pm

Gee, nothing Ironic here....

:-D

Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:52 pm

Wayne, you have well founded reasons for your position, there has been a huge breach of trust on the part of many involved in the 'system' as per your statement, "Well my though is of the years of lies and corruption and just because it is a party system now , it always was not.
You see the rich and elite came up with the party idea for Canada , they knew it would giive them control.'

Which is why the only party I am willing to support and stand as a candidate for is CAP. It is like all other problems we have, diseases and social problems if we don't get to the root, we can't stop the illness.

Something to think about...what if an independant is funded by a corporation or union, or lobbyist, or outside influence, who will they represent in Parliament? That is why we must change the electoral system, 'he who pays the piper always, always, always, calls the tune'

You might say well a corporation couldn't really fund one candidate, well not exactly, but the corporation could influence shareholders or others to fund the candidate, and then you end up with an 'independant' that is not really independant....same with parties...the only reason to use a party is that a team of people committed to the same goal can share resources, research etc...there is a common ground, but the influence on the party or candidate will always come from the funding...

---
If I stand for my country today...will my country be here to stand for me tomorrow?

"aaaah and the whisper of thousands of tiny voices became a mighty deafening roar and they called it 'freedom'!"' Canadians Acting Humanely at home & everywhere

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:14 am

"In opposition there was a powerful campaign by paid disinformation agents to discourage open discussion. You've run into them yourself if you've spent any time at all on any well attended internet forum. They're usually called "professional debunkers" and their only mission is to shut down the exchange of information. They were so useful, that a number of agencies continue to maintain full-time "debunker" squads even today. The main hazard at the time was to get into a lengthy debate with one of these clowns, thinking that somehow you were going to "prove" something, when in fact the guy was getting well paid to waste as much of your time as possible."
while wandering around the internet I came across the words in quotation marks above. How appropriate they are too.
It must be remembered that not all trolls are paid, some are merely mean spirited tools who derive their 'jollies' bt stirring the pot(not that we see those types appear onthese pages,wink wink nudge nudge.)

---
Your mantra has been your opinions are stifled due to their contrary nature, when they are actually stifled for being without perceivable foundation

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."