Author Topic Options

Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:10 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> whelan costen
<strong>Date:</strong> 2006-01-20 13:10:00
<a href="/article/131023422-top-10-reasons-to-vote-for-cap-on-january-23">Article Link</a>

"aaaah and the whisper of thousands of tiny voices became a mighty deafening roar and they called it 'freedom'!"' Canadians Acting Humanely at home & everywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Im sold- but there is no candidate in my riding! CAP needs to address this. I can't effectively spread the word here about the party without a voting option for my community other than Lib, Con, NDP and Green. They all say, "Yeah CAP sounds great, but there is no candidate!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:13 pm

I am curious as to the following:

Point 1: How?

Point 2: Again, how?

Point 3: How and why?

Point 4: Trade is taking a surplus in one area and moving it to another. It is always "unfair." Do you mean to have an equal bargaining position system? I understand that there are rules favoring one or another party as NAFTA stands, but how would you make it not "unfair"?

Point 5: I am all for accountability. Is this accountability to be personal, civil or criminal? And you state "influence," implying it as control. Influence is good, it keeps people in touch in terms of needs and the like. Control is bad, but I don't see the control of our system by buisness. I just see a lack of influence on government by the people.

Point 6: How?

Point 7: The value of education comes in that we must sacrifice to get it. 4-8 years of living debt for education is not too bad a price to me. This also limits the takers to those who desire the knowledge. If all high school students were given a free ticket to university, I wonder if we would have any welders. Also, how could this be funded?

Point 8: An area in need of more research for sure. But what forms specifically? Wind, geothermal, coal gasification, tidal?

Point 9: What is a fair living wage? What jobs are there to be filled? Are these positions that are worthwhile?

Point 10: Okay, sounds good. How big a threat is it?

---
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Robert A. Heinlein

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:19 pm

Bryan: RTFM. <a href="http://www.canadianactionparty.ca">www.canadianactionparty.ca</a>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:26 pm

Call me old fashion, but I prefer my candidate to convince me, rather than going through their literature.

If the candidate can enlighten me then I am willing to vote their way. I can be promised the moon, but I know where it is and I would prefer to know how I might come into possession of it.

---
Robert A. Heinlein

Robert A. Heinlein

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:22 pm

"
Call me old fashion, but I prefer my candidate to convince me, rather than going through their literature."
in which case you may contact your candidate directly

---
"There is no reason good can't triumph over evil, if only angels will get organized along the lines of the mafia."
Kurt Vonnegut

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:58 pm

I choose to contact this one, as they choose to post reasons to vote for CAP.

---
Robert A. Heinlein

Robert A. Heinlein

Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:14 pm

Absolutely great questions. In the interest of not overpowering this link with CAP info, as there is a great deal already posted to vive, on our platform, and in the interest of exploring all of the 10 reasons, I too would recommend a thorough examination of our website.

The question though speaks to something else which I think is also worth exploring. How do the electorate see the candidates? Are candidates door to door salesmen? Is the election campaign a process of selling the best product to the electorate? It would appear that the electorate has been programed to expect that from candidates. CAP is not selling anything. We are offering information, that isn't found anywhere else, we are offering candidates to be a voice for the people. I recieved an email from someone that said, all the other parties are falling all over themselves promising me everything, why aren't you? Where are your signs? Why don't we hear your leader on national news?

Well we don't have alot of signs, because we don't have corporate/union or government money, we don't have teams of people, or advertising departments, we really have one, and a half, paid staff, for the entire party. You don't hear our leader because the mainstream national media has decided you don't need to hear our views.

At what point will the electorate that states they want participatory democracy, actually decide to move towards participating in the process?

So getting back to the Top Ten Reasons, all of the answers in great detail are on our website. Our freedoms are being taken away, we have lost control of our money, we can afford healthcare for all, education for all, so that our youth is not burdened with extraordinary debt, if they are able to get an education.

The answers are actually simple, but digging into the whole picture will take more than one post on vive. So thank you for your question, and hopefully you will take a look and become totally informed before you vote.

---
If I stand for my country today...will my country be here to stand for me tomorrow?

"aaaah and the whisper of thousands of tiny voices became a mighty deafening roar and they called it 'freedom'!"' Canadians Acting Humanely at home & everywhere

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:17 pm

but there is no candidate<

Ditto and no one even knows who I'm talking about even though Connie has been interveiwed on CBC.

Expect little from life and get more from it.

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:53 pm

If the Canadian Action Party has a candidate in your riding, they are your BEST choice!!!

---
Dave Ruston

Dave Ruston

Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:30 pm

And if they do not Dave, then what? I suppose we are to pick one of the least corrupt of the other three? Which one would that be ?

Just keep your vote and save the tax payers a $1.75 everytime you don't vote. Remember its your tax dollars, so spend it wisely .. like on health care.

---
Good government is not a party government

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:36 am

You don't keep a vote Wayne. You cast it when the time comes or you don't. You can vote for constructive change or you can vote for more of the same Conliberal corruption platform. Not voting says that you are not interested enough to bother trying to change the government.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:01 am

Wayne, we need to spread the word about CAP in our areas so that someone who might be able to run will decide to do so. Then we must support them with grassroots efforts to maintain a presence. I agree, party politics is not good politics, but right now, in this delicate time which is quickly running out, CAP is the ONLY party who is even willing to speak about the issues we discuss here- issues that are being hidden from the majority of Canadians.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:46 pm

As an aid to understanding Wayne Coady it might be helpful to visit the site he promotes, <a href="http://www.geocities.com/politicalrevolt/">http://www.geocities.com/politicalrevolt/</a>.<br />
Wayne was, I understand, a candidate for CAP, but now he’s revolting, politically speaking that is!<br />
<br />
I have said for quite a while now I believe the system is corrupt and a new method of governance is necessary and in order to achieve such a goal there will have to be a fully informed populous.<br />
That means massive re-education, or if you will, de-programming.<br />
<br />
The established institutions need close examination. Law, education, everyday commerce, taxation, international banking, Courts and anything associated with the current system of governance are a stacked deck.<br />
This is known, what must happen is a system to replace that which serves us ,the populous, not.<br />
<br />
Simply refusing to cast a ballot is no guarantee an equitable system will somehow emerge because “a message’ was sent.<br />
<br />
<p>---<br>"There is no reason good can't triumph over evil, if only angels will get organized along the lines of the mafia." <br />
Kurt Vonnegut

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:54 pm

Diogenes: <br />
Where on that <a href="http://www.geocities.com/politicalrevolt">www.geocities.com/politicalrevolt</a> does it mention that I was a candidate for CAP? It would be safe to say that CAP can qualify that I am not or was ever a member of their party.<br />
<br />
I think if you look a little harder at onetime I thought about running as an independent candidate, but when I realized I could not change the system by being a part of it , I dropped that idea. <br />
<br />
Then I got involve with a national organization that has been busy doing research on the down fall of the party system in Canada. <br />
<br />
Diogenes if your going to make a false statement for gain then do a better job, but then again that explains your hiding behind a false name. <br />
I have nothing to hide, but it sure looks as if you do, so in order to lend creditability to your post, come out from under that rock where you and yellow people hide. <br />
<br />
You see , I posted <a href="http://www.geocities.com/politicalrevolt">www.geocities.com/politicalrevolt</a> as my favorite link in my profile, whats the big deal, are you running short on responsibale thing to say. <br />
<p>---<br>Good government is not a party government

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson