Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:10 am

Got the third patch for BF:2048, and suddenly I couldn't move left or right with the mouse while on foot. Worked in vehicles, not walking. :?:

Googled, tried multiple fixes, ended up trashing my entire movement config and rebuilding it. What a fucking joke. How do you put out 'fixes' that break shit so entirely? And I've given up playing multiplayer. I generally play against the AI. And the AI generally wins. Why the fuck does my team always lose, and my squad end up being bottom 2 of all squads? If the AI were balanced, I'd win sometimes. But I wind up always being in the top 3 players with at least one stat, like most captures or most kills.

Fuck Battlefield 2042 sucks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:11 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Got the third patch for BF:2048, and suddenly I couldn't move left or right with the mouse while on foot. Worked in vehicles, not walking. :?:

Googled, tried multiple fixes, ended up trashing my entire movement config and rebuilding it. What a fucking joke. How do you put out 'fixes' that break shit so entirely? And I've given up playing multiplayer. I generally play against the AI. And the AI generally wins. Why the fuck does my team always lose, and my squad end up being bottom 2 of all squads? If the AI were balanced, I'd win sometimes. But I wind up always being in the top 3 players with at least one stat, like most captures or most kills.

Fuck Battlefield 2042 sucks.

I just saw this a couple of minutes ago...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:34 am

"No Mans' Sky" shouldn't be in that list. It's a fantastic game that just gets better and better.

Otherwise, it's fair.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:39 pm

No Man’s Sky wasn’t what it was now when it launched. So I say it’s a legit inclusion on that list.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:59 pm

But the press misquoted the developer in announcing expectations for the game, and based reviews off beta test versions. For example, Murray said it would eventually include multiplayer, but Reviewers said multiplayer at launch. So people buying it thought hey were ripped off, when it was the bloggers that gave them invalid expectations.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/16/12929 ... ns-learned

https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-skys-se ... gh-launch/

I prepurchased it, and was not disappointed in the slightest.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:02 pm

GTA is a whole different kettle of fish. Shows what happens when a developer lives off of its rep for far too long.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:40 pm

Good thing I started getting into this game at Fallout 2 I guess?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:17 pm

That guy is a fucking idiot. I loved Fallout 3 and it's easily in my top 5 games I've sunk the most time into. It was better than Fallout 4 and far far better than the travesty that was Fallout 76.

I swear 99.8% of the people on Youtube are retards who need to have their mouths filled in with cement.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:14 am

Hahahaha! Thanks for that! He’s actually quite fond of the game but he is very eccentric. I loved fallout 3 new vegas and 4 but it was always unstable and requires mods to patch it not the developers. Fallout 76 was an itter shit show when it launched but i really enjoy it now that they ironed out the bugs. Only had it for a week but i am already level 30. I was afraid it was going to be a pvp nightmare with ganking but if anything you can solo this and still get alll the advantages of a casual online play.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:29 am

That’s SOP with games from Bethesda. Or all open world games for that matter.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:59 am

Very true but I found games that requires a masters degree in modding were only as good as the latest patch. If you didn’t keep current you will find the client unstable/unplayable. With transitioning to a multiplayer online from a solo offline it forced the experience to be more modular. You can pick up the game and go having a stable basegame and the onus is on the developer to maintain a stable client not a private modder who may be gone overnight.

I love the variety of mods on pc but I can’t stand the headache to keep them running. If it takes the dev 2 years after launching to get the game in proper form and then they keep adding content then I am willing to wait.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:06 pm

Yeah I hear ya. Two games I’ve played recently on my PS4 were like that at launch. Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone. Both were buggy and glitchy at launch but two years on after updates and patching, they’re great games to play.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:14 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Yeah I hear ya. Two games I’ve played recently on my PS4 were like that at launch. Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone. Both were buggy and glitchy at launch but two years on after updates and patching, they’re great games to play.

No consumer product should be like that though. You gamers let them off the hook a long time ago and now shitty products are the norm. There is a simple fix though, don't buy it.

There's never enough time (and money) to get it right the first time but there's always enough to fix it later.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:55 pm

No it shouldn’t and it’s beyond sad that it’s become the norm. Some bugs and glitches I can accept in a open world game given their complexity and all but studios like Bethesda are notorious for numerous glitches. I still remember Fallout:New Vegas. I couldn’t beat it for a while because of a game breaking but halfway through.

And for the record, the two games I mentioned above, I didn’t pay for. Apart from the PS+ subscription fee as they were games of the month this year.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:01 am

raydan raydan:
xerxes xerxes:

No consumer product should be like that though. You gamers let them off the hook a long time ago and now shitty products are the norm. There is a simple fix though, don't buy it.

There's never enough time (and money) to get it right the first time but there's always enough to fix it later.

Not totally on board with that for a few reasons.

1) In today's environment software, no matter how much QA is done, it will NEVER be able to test every possible configuration out in the wild. Only production will highlight some problems that will need to be fixed. It is a waste of time and money to test into infinity and you need to cut the losses and get the product into market so it can fly. You want to take out the big bugs for sure before that point but that said there is still a sea of problems your not going to be able to test so it is stable on as many platforms as possible.

2) Open world games are now persistent and online with frequent content updates and events. The blueprints are fluid and plans can now change much more quickly without a massive investment in time, money and personnel. They are no longer married to the idea of big, expensive expansion packs and more focused on incremental and free content updates which doesn't upset the playerbase or make the game itself massively unbalanced and pay to win.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 19  20  21  22  23  24  25 ... 31  Next