Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:25 am

CRAP!
$1:
The finale doesn't entirely slam the door on the series, but is notably different from the cliffhanger version, sources said. The ending also doesn't entirely preclude the possibility of "Jericho" finding a second life on cable. The high cost of the production, however, will likely prevent a continuation of the show.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:59 am

Well after this show I stop watching CBS again. They can go fuck themselves for taking down a good show out of the sheer levels of bullshit out there

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 am

Better shows have been cancelled. I was disappointed to find out HBO wouldn't do a third season of Rome. Firefly is still a a sore spot for me.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:54 am

The DVR says "Series Finale"...........

Wish they would make up their minds about this one.

I think they just ran out of story line for Rome with the characters they had. I would have loved to see a third season though! More Pulo!

History had the big arena fight the other night for Pulo. That was some gory stuff.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Colorado Avalanche
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 am

What a bunch of BS
the sheriff was just on Rachael Ray saying he was glad the people saved the show..
so its cancelled again...lol somebody should have told the actors....

Firefly was another excellant show that didn't desrve the boot

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:19 am

AW CRAP!

Yep, CBS is done in my books.

Don't know if you get Sci-Fi channel in Canada but here in Chicago they are running Jericho complete from season 1. Sci-Fi - Jericho.

Would have loved to see more Rome and Pulo.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Colorado Avalanche
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:27 am

canuckns canuckns:
AW CRAP!

Yep, CBS is done in my books.

Don't know if you get Sci-Fi channel in Canada but here in Chicago they are running Jericho complete from season 1. Sci-Fi - Jericho.

Would have loved to see more Rome and Pulo.

I do with Starchoice....I loved Rome as well the mrs didnt..lol
too much blood and nudity lol :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:27 am

Nuts.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:20 am

Jericho was a clever show, but I must admit that I had problems with the damnable plot that made the nuclear devastation an act of our own government. I know from discussions on conservative threads that this turned off a lot of people and it got worse as the plot had the USA fracture into sparring regions instead of coming together to face the crisis as a united nation.

The show was a condemnation of the USA and the American people in general and I will not miss it.

Firefly, on the other hand, was an excellent program and I always get a thrill when Joss Whedon mentions to the fan mags that another Firefly movie may happen eventually.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:04 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Jericho was a clever show, but I must admit that I had problems with the damnable plot that made the nuclear devastation an act of our own government. I know from discussions on conservative threads that this turned off a lot of people and it got worse as the plot had the USA fracture into sparring regions instead of coming together to face the crisis as a united nation.

The show was a condemnation of the USA and the American people in general and I will not miss it.

Firefly, on the other hand, was an excellent program and I always get a thrill when Joss Whedon mentions to the fan mags that another Firefly movie may happen eventually.

No it wasn't. It was a condemnation of Corrupt Corporate Greed, if it was a condemnation of anything. The Government had nothing to do with the events portrayed in Jericho.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:48 am

I liked the show just because of Gerald McRaney. I hated that he was killed off as he really was an anchor. I also like that sign language was so prevalent in the show. It's sad that this show was canned but big productions require big numbers and so far only Family Guy has managed to resurrect itself once the axe has fallen but any whiff of cancellation for a show usually ends up scaring away viewer ship. Why invest your time in a dead end show?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Scape...I thought Star Trek was another one that was resurrected from the grave too?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Yeah, I guess. I was thinking recent corporate history.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:48 am

Jericho was a great show. It will be missed.
Still, perhaps a movie or made for tv movie? Maybe a game?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:46 pm

i literally JUST finished watching the pilot ep of jericho.... thus far seems awesome.

and yeah, i <3 firely... i met adam baldwin (jayne) last year and he's a super nice person