New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

How about the Deadwood Movie?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:41 pm

I haven't been keeping up but what's left for the Marvel Movieverse, anyway? I hear there isn't much future for the XMen after this one.

And aren't most of the big names gone or out of commission after End Game? I think, I heard that somewhere. Who is left btw? I think that spiderboy kid is still around but who else?

As to Dark Phoenix, want some cringe?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:50 pm

There’s a theory Disney / Marvel Studios intentionally sabotaged Dark Phoenix because they inherited it from Fox.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanos wrote:
No more Hugh Jackman as Wolverine didn't help much. And apparently the Magneto involvement is basically inconsequential. Remove the most popular character and downplay the best villain and it's a recipe for a bomb. Hate to say it, given how bad he behaves both privately and on-set, but they needed to keep Brian Singer around to helm the direction and production to have it stay on track.

Apparently the blowback and franchise burnout is so bad that New Mutants later this year (or next year) is also expected to bomb and the planned sequels for it have already been shelved. Here's hoping they take a major break from the franchise and don't do another X-movie for at least five years.

Brian Singer hasn't made a decent X-men movie in well over a decade.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm

GreenTiger wrote:

I enjoyed it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

BRAH wrote:
There’s a theory Disney / Marvel Studios intentionally sabotaged Dark Phoenix because they inherited it from Fox.

Considering it was finished filming two years ago, kept getting bumped and had the ending changed before Disney finished buying out Fox, no I doubt it. Fox just sucks balls at making Comicbook movies. Deadpool, Logan, Kingsmen. Those are the only ones that haven't been complete and utter shit in the last 10 years, and Deadpool was good in spite of fox.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:06 pm

There has been a serious lack of imagination and good story telling in movies for a long time now. Their target audience is young and need special effects, explosions, car chases and CG to keep them interested. If you try to make them think and follow a story, they'll get bored.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:28 pm

GreenTiger wrote:

I didn't know there was one.

Checked it out. It's going on the list.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 am

raydan wrote:
There has been a serious lack of imagination and good story telling in movies for a long time now. Their target audience is young and need special effects, explosions, car chases and CG to keep them interested. If you try to make them think and follow a story, they'll get bored.

Considering many of the blockbuster movies have been based on 30 year old comicbook stories, I have to agree.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 am

Tricks wrote:
BRAH wrote:

Considering it was finished filming two years ago, kept getting bumped and had the ending changed before Disney finished buying out Fox, no I doubt it. Fox just sucks balls at making Comicbook movies. Deadpool, Logan, Kingsmen. Those are the only ones that haven't been complete and utter shit in the last 10 years, and Deadpool was good in spite of fox.

It’s possible because the X-Men franchise has the potential to become the new Avengers so it’s in Disney / Marvel Studios best interest the Fox X-Men franchise to be remembered like the Joel Schumacher Batman films. This could the reason they released Dark Phoenix because if they didn’t fans would have been bitching and moaning for its release complicating the new X-Men franchise reboot, so release it make sure it bombs and becomes a distant memory. Another thing as you mentioned Deadpool what becomes of the franchise?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:09 am

BRAH wrote:
Tricks wrote:
BRAH wrote:

It’s possible because the X-Men franchise has the potential to become the new Avengers so it’s in Disney / Marvel Studios best interest the Fox X-Men franchise to be remembered like the Joel Schumacher Batman films. This could the reason they released Dark Phoenix because if they didn’t fans would have been bitching and moaning for its release complicating the new X-Men franchise reboot, so release it make sure it bombs and becomes a distant memory. Another thing as you mentioned Deadpool what becomes of the franchise?

Good question. Fiege did say they're keeping it R- rated. So they might just transition it into the universe, but leave it mainly on his own. Maybe some cameos, but likely doing his own thing with Colossus, Cable, NTWH, and Domino. He wouldn't fit with the main line stuff because he wouldn't be able to be Deadpool, and it might affect image to bring mainline stuff into his movies.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Make It So! [popcorn]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 pm

That’s no CGI bullshit and the Navy’s recruitment just went up. R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:30 am

It's spreading. HULK BAN!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14