CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:21 pm

https://www.thecompanion.app/ai-project/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:31 pm

I'm hoping more that Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich have permanently given up on ever doing another Stargate movie. They purposely said that to them the TV shows don't exist and wouldn't be acknowledged at all in a second movie. So all that canon & history would be tossed away for another movie that would mostly likely not be any better than the sort of dreck that Hollywood's turned the most recent Star Trek movies into.

I've given up on wanting new movies and "re-imaginings". After JJ Abrams' disgusting take on Star Trek & Star Wars, and especially with the total atrocity of what happened with the new version of Stephen King's The Stand, I'm now kind of in a permanent let-old-dogs-lie mode. I don't want to see the "new" version of anything when it's most likely to turn out to be a total piece of shit, thanks to the way Hollywood's been treating old classics for the better part of the last 20 years. If a new movie or TV show based on a classic turns out to be multi times worse than even the sort of complete garbage low-budget (and unfortunately made-in-Canada) shit that forms the bulk of what's on the SciFi or Shudder channels at any given time then count me out. I'll go watch The Sopranos or Game Of Thrones for the fortieth time each instead.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:48 pm

Don't lie, you're watching Canada's Drag Race, aren't you?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Ummm, no. Just no. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:31 am

Thanos Thanos:
I'm hoping more that Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich have permanently given up on ever doing another Stargate movie. They purposely said that to them the TV shows don't exist and wouldn't be acknowledged at all in a second movie. So all that canon & history would be tossed away for another movie that would mostly likely not be any better than the sort of dreck that Hollywood's turned the most recent Star Trek movies into.

Aren't 'Continuum' and 'Ark of Truth' considered movies? Sure, they didn't run in theatres, but what does nowadays?

I for one hope that they continue the universe, hopefully with 'Universe', or after it. It is still great entertainment, and unique in Science Fiction.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:34 pm

AI script will mean they will be able to go directly into production. Thus cutting a lot of costs and time and I know Amazon wants MGM production out ASAP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:07 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Aren't 'Continuum' and 'Ark of Truth' considered movies? Sure, they didn't run in theatres, but what does nowadays?

As part of the TV series canon Devlin & Emmerich would ignore them as much as they intend to ignore the entire overall TV series and offshoot shows like Atlantis & Universe. One of those annoying Hollywood things I suppose, that the original creators & producers can still have input or spin off an entirely different created universe simply because they maintain ownership or producing rights even after their original movie or TV show was greatly surpassed.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:27 pm

Covid forced MGM's hand. Now Amazon is all in. I guess that's one thing to be thankful for the bug, it got Stargate out of production hell it was locked into and helps it bypass the 'woke' movement that has ruined other francizes such as Star Trek, Star Wars and Dr Who.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:58 pm

The woke never rest. They'll get forced into doing something trendy with SG, like retcon Vala into some sort of a she-male.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:29 pm

Oh, they already have. But the high water mark for that was post Starwars/Star Trek/Dr Who crash. Yes, they will try to keep inflicting their funhouse mirror sense of sensibilities but it will not have the push like before as it is out of fad. It was never consistent and collapsed under its own weight of contradictions. Every Dr after Jodie Whittaker will be seen as the low bar just as anything Bad Robot/JJ touched in Trek (Kelvin Timeline) Or Kennedy Ruin Johnson did to Star Wars.