Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:45 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DerbyX DerbyX:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Water into wine!!! C'mon the guy was a serious Party Animal!! :D Some of the tea granny evangelicals should read their Books a little closer (NO, IT WAS NOT UNFERMENTED GRAPE JUICE)

Water into wine? Given what I remember about the magical multiplying fish & bread (even you can't believe this was a factual event) giving wine to hot & thirsty people in the desert heat (loads children) is not a very smart thing to do. Where did he get the carbon molecules in H2O? Now had it been sand into water it would have made more sense. Good story.....but fiction.

Too many people witnessed His miracles and He was also tried before the Sanhedrin and the Pharissees for performing a healing miracle on the Sabbath. In the context of the time you would not claim being before the Sanhedrin had you not actually been there as they kept detailed records of their goings-on for legal reasons.

The significance of the Bible is that it is the compilation of many personal accounts of God (Old Testament) and corroborating accounts of Jesus (New Testament).

By modern legal standards the testimony of the Gospels would be sufficient evidence to convict Jesus of being the Messiah.

Not even the Muslims refute the miracles of Jesus, what they refute is the Divinity that was agreed He possessed by the Nicean Council.

Good post.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:05 am

Constantinople Constantinople:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Water into wine!!! C'mon the guy was a serious Party Animal!! :D Some of the tea granny evangelicals should read their Books a little closer (NO, IT WAS NOT UNFERMENTED GRAPE JUICE)

Water into wine? Given what I remember about the magical multiplying fish & bread (even you can't believe this was a factual event) giving wine to hot & thirsty people in the desert heat (loads children) is not a very smart thing to do. Where did he get the carbon molecules in H2O? Now had it been sand into water it would have made more sense. Good story.....but fiction.

Water in that time was of poor quality. Alcohol would have killed off some of the germs.

1) Learn why they tell tourist not to drink the water that locals can tolerate.

2) He could have just killed the germs or "multiplied" clean water into loads of water but wine gives the story more pizazz

3) Look up "Diuretic" & "alcohol".

$1:
Everything you just said about Jesus/Christianity can be read the same way in which you read what has been said about Jesus/Christianity. Who is right? We shall all see someday.

Yes we shall. Are you sure you want to piss off Zeus by worshipping a false god?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:08 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
DerbyX DerbyX:

Water in that time was of poor quality. Alcohol would have killed off some of the germs.

1) Learn why they tell tourist not to drink the water that locals can tolerate.

2) He could have just killed the germs or "multiplied" clean water into loads of water but wine gives the story more pizazz

3) Look up "Diuretic" & "alcohol".

$1:
Everything you just said about Jesus/Christianity can be read the same way in which you read what has been said about Jesus/Christianity. Who is right? We shall all see someday.

Yes we shall. Are you sure you want to piss off Zeus by worshipping a false god?

So you believe in Zeus?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:10 am

Nope. Just thought I'd expand Pascals wager for you to include more then an "either/or" choice.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:12 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Nope. Just thought I'd expand Pascals wager for you to include more then an "either/or" choice.

The odds don't get any better for you then in that instance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:18 am

DerbyX DerbyX:

It all depends on how you calculate the odds. At least I can say I didn't worship a false god.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:21 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
DerbyX DerbyX:

It all depends on how you calculate the odds. At least I can say I didn't worship a false god.

So you believe then?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:27 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
DerbyX DerbyX:

So you believe then?

Read it again, slowly. Stop trying to elicit an "if" in the same way you said it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:08 am

Who is right? We shall all see someday.

True. Except that some of us will be in for one Hell of a surprise.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:49 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Who is right? We shall all see someday.

True. Except that some of us will be in for one Hell of a surprise.

If that's not a cryptic message, I don't know what is, Bart.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:34 pm

$1:
Not even the Muslims refute the miracles of Jesus, what they refute is the Divinity that was agreed He possessed by the Nicean Council.

Actually Muslims believe that Jesus was the Messiah and that His Second Coming will herald the beginning of the end or the beginning of the new beginning(however you want to interpret it). As to the divinity of Christ, that was something decided by a small group of men, 300 yrs after his death. Arius of Alexandria, and a majority of the Bishops of the time rejected the idea of the trinity as heretical. Jesus himself never claimed divine status nor did his disciples. He claimed a commonality with humanity in his relationship with God, refering to God as "our Father".

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:02 pm

$1:

Actually Muslims believe that Jesus was the Messiah and that His Second Coming will herald the beginning of the end or the beginning of the new beginning(however you want to interpret it). As to the divinity of Christ, that was something decided by a small group of men, 300 yrs after his death. Arius of Alexandria, and a majority of the Bishops of the time rejected the idea of the trinity as heretical. Jesus himself never claimed divine status nor did his disciples. He claimed a commonality with humanity in his relationship with God, refering to God as "our Father".

I was under the impression that Muslims regarded Jesus as the 2nd most important prophet (after Mohammed) and do anticipate his role in the 2nd coming, but I wasn’t aware they acknowledged his Messianic character (which varies by sect and historical milieu in Christianity).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:58 pm

They regard him as the Jewish Messiah, but their definition of messiah is closer to the Jewish interpretation, rather than the Christian one.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:13 pm

They regard him as the Jewish Messiah, but their definition of messiah is closer to the Jewish interpretation, rather than the Christian one.

Thanks 8)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:10 pm

So, is this the movie where Tom Hanks is at Hogwarts and has to take the Mona Lisa and cast it into the Cracks of Doom so the Sith don't get their hands on it?