Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm

As usual with the white nationalist crowd, it's much ado about nothing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:13 pm

xerxes xerxes:
As usual with the white nationalist crowd, it's much ado about nothing.

One can hope.

You're probably correct (other than name-calling at least 290,000 people you know nothing about).

Remember when MTV came out with that video "News Years Resolutions for White People?" The backlash for that one was so overwhelming they quickly pulled it.

This is different though. Netflix has invested decent money. So will they air Dear White People anyway? People would watch the first one just to see what the fuss was about. I might check it out.

But if it actually is, as you say, "nothing" (and I agree that is most likely the case) there won't be much of a return audience. I doubt it will keep me interested for more than a few minutes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:05 pm

I hope they air it; I'll give it a shot. I watched the whole film with the family awhile back. It was alright.

Internet campaigns by Sargon and The FOO guy and whoever to brigade it don't really sway me, just makes me curious.

Hell... I didn't know about it until martin mentioned it :lol:

Surprised the film did well enough that this is even a possibility tbh; Netflix has some great content here and there so I'm not so sure I'll be disappointed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 pm

It's doubtful Netflix is worried about losing the Daily Stormer demographic as subscribers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanos Thanos:
It's doubtful Netflix is worried about losing the Daily Stormer demographic as subscribers.

Netflix is a publicly traded company and their Board of Directors will use an axe on anyone threatening dividends and capital value.

Also, someone dumped a shitload of Netflix stock in after hours trading today and that's going to leave a mark on them when the market opens in the morning.

Not saying its connected to this story but these kind of stories are what often makes investors skittish about a stock.

If Netflix is willing to put their political opinions over earnings then that's going to cost them with their big investors like the trading houses and pension funds.

And it's one of those big players that dumped a shitload of Netflix about an hour ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:38 pm

It's not exactly a political statement show. Just like the movie it's about a black girl who makes snidey comments about white people. Oh noes! It can only mean the era of white suppression is at hand.

And that was my point before. The only people who have a problem with the show, are the people who already feel that their whiteness is under attack. Just as it was when the whitists cried about heimdal being black in Thor, or the new captain America being black. And so on and so forth. It's the worthless cries of idiot people.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:53 pm

xerxes xerxes:
It's not exactly a political statement show. Just like the movie it's about a black girl who makes snidey comments about white people. Oh noes! It can only mean the era of white suppression is at hand.

And that was my point before. The only people who have a problem with the show, are the people who already feel that their whiteness is under attack. Just as it was when the whitists cried about heimdal being black in Thor, or the new captain America being black. And so on and so forth. It's the worthless cries of idiot people.

Heimdall didn't hurt Thor.

A black Captain America? The fanboys will crap all over it just like they did with the last Ghostbusters clusterfuck.

Just create new characters that are black or whatever. Leave the old ones alone.

Next up we'll have Hitler being played by a black transfeminist.

(Oddly, I'd actually pay to go see that!) :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 pm

For what it's worth Marvel comic sales are allegedly tanking right now, mostly because they're engaging in too much SJW revisionism, like turning Thor into a woman and replacing Tony Stark as Iron Man with a black teenage girl genius. Lots of videos on YouTube. Apparently DC isn't having the same sales problems because they're leaving their canon characters as-is.

The effect isn't transferring over to the movies because the film studios aren't subject to the same sort of thing, or have to take orders from Marvel HQ. They also got stung bad on the last Fantastic Four movie where they turned Johnny Storm into a black guy. The entire movie was a debacle with that kind of inclusivity bullshit just being the icing on the cake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
xerxes xerxes:

Heimdall didn't hurt Thor.

A black Captain America? The fanboys will crap all over it just like they did with the last Ghostbusters clusterfuck.

Just create new characters that are black or whatever. Leave the old ones alone.

Next up we'll have Hitler being played by a black transfeminist.

(Oddly, I'd actually pay to go see that!) :lol:

That would definitely be a radical approach. I'd download that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 am

Katherine Ryan: In Trouble

Nice Canadian girl, but spent most of her life in the UK making her career. Which is why you haven't heard of her.

Pretty, pretty funny, very 'Canadian' language. 8O ie: Liberal sprinkling of the F-Bomb.

Trevor Noah: Afraid of the Dark

Also very funny. I've always love the way he uses accents in his comedy. He uses them to really good effect. His mythical conversation between Barack Obama and Nelson Mandela is really well done.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Mystery Science Theater 30000. About 20 or so episodes of classic greatness. New episodes will premiere in April.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:28 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Mystery Science Theater 30000. About 20 or so episodes of classic greatness. New episodes will premiere in April.

We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese! 8)

We should all start over again here at CKA and select one of the many names of David Ryder as our own. I call dibs on Bob Johnson! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

I started watching Z Nation again - while the first season was pretty cheesy, the second season was really good TV and now I'm starting season 3.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:08 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I started watching Z Nation again - while the first season was pretty cheesy, the second season was really good TV and now I'm starting season 3.

It may be cheesy but it's turned out to be better entertainment value than the Walking Dead who's characters are so freakin stupid they shouldn't have survived day one let alone 7 years of a zombie apocalypse. A fact, which makes the series which takes itself seriously almost as cheesy as Z Nation without the enjoyment factor.

Right now I'm watching Van Helsing the series and it isn't to bad. It's alot like Stakeland which was actually a pretty good apocalypse vampire movie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Generate your own name...

http://toughguy.namegeneratorfun.com/

Lump LumpyQuads

You were trained by your mother. You ride around on a bear and your weapon of choice is a Deagle. You feel most comfortable in bearskin. You're out for a bear. You eat napalm for breakfast. You love nature. Your best friend is your old war buddy. You wrestle kangaroos for sport.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 9  10  11  12  13  14  15 ... 43  Next