PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am

Titans was surprisingly dark.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
I figure that disney is cancelling the other marvel shows, to move them to their own streaming service

Some of the actors were saying it was Netflix cancelling any further shows, not Disney. And Netflix still has rights to the shows for many years to come. Disney can't pull off Netflix what Netflix has already produced.

I think Netflix is just reacting to Disney's new service with a big middle finger. Which I think is a mistake. They should wield what they already have to keep more viewers and discourage them from signing up for Disney.

I'm torn if I'm willing to sign up for yet another streaming service, just to watch the Netflix /Marvel stuff that I really like.

It's not that long. Only two years from cancellation, so end of 2020. The service isn't set to launch until late 2019. So a year or so into the service and they could have more seasons/reboot the franchise on disney+.

If netflix cancelled it, it's likely because those shows would serve is an advertisement for a rival service if all the rest of marvel is on disney.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 am

llama66 llama66:

I really enjoyed it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Some of the actors were saying it was Netflix cancelling any further shows, not Disney. And Netflix still has rights to the shows for many years to come. Disney can't pull off Netflix what Netflix has already produced.

I think Netflix is just reacting to Disney's new service with a big middle finger. Which I think is a mistake. They should wield what they already have to keep more viewers and discourage them from signing up for Disney.

I'm torn if I'm willing to sign up for yet another streaming service, just to watch the Netflix /Marvel stuff that I really like.

It's not that long. Only two years from cancellation, so end of 2020. The service isn't set to launch until late 2019. So a year or so into the service and they could have more seasons/reboot the franchise on disney+.

If netflix cancelled it, it's likely because those shows would serve is an advertisement for a rival service if all the rest of marvel is on disney.

I suppose Netflix calcualted it that way. All depends on if Netflix retains rights to their past work. If Season 1 and 2 of 'Iron Fist' were always on Netflix, and Season 3 on Disney, to me it would make more sense for Season 1 -3 to be on Netflix that way Disney subscrivers would have to come back to see them.

Then again, I'd watch a 13 hour series if all it was were Jessica Henwick reading the phone book. [drool]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:04 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Figured you'd be a fan.

I have questions. Like, how can training in the Mountains of California simulate the kinds of Siberian winters that North Korea gets? If they want winter training, Tuktoyuktuk is the place. 8)

Around Donner Lake and the Truckee area winter temps frequently drop to -30F especially in the higher elevations.

Hardcore cold weather training typically occurs in Alaska or Greenland.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:02 am

Both these shows start this month:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I suppose Netflix calcualted it that way. All depends on if Netflix retains rights to their past work. If Season 1 and 2 of 'Iron Fist' were always on Netflix, and Season 3 on Disney, to me it would make more sense for Season 1 -3 to be on Netflix that way Disney subscrivers would have to come back to see them.
Good point, and good question. It'd be interesting to see who retains the rights to the original work. Maybe Disney just pays them an absurd amount of money to have the rights to it?
$1:
Then again, I'd watch a 13 hour series if all it was were Jessica Henwick reading the phone book. [drool]

Can't argue with that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Good point, and good question. It'd be interesting to see who retains the rights to the original work. Maybe Disney just pays them an absurd amount of money to have the rights to it?.

Depends on the original deal with Marvel. If Netflix retains rerun rights to works they created for paying Marvel for the trademark use, Disney might never get the stuff Netflix produced. If it was a limited use of Marvel's trademark, then Disney might have to pay Netflix back for production costs, and they get the content Netflix created.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Good point, and good question. It'd be interesting to see who retains the rights to the original work. Maybe Disney just pays them an absurd amount of money to have the rights to it?.

Depends on the original deal with Marvel. If Netflix retains rerun rights to works they created for paying Marvel for the trademark use, Disney might never get the stuff Netflix produced. If it was a limited use of Marvel's trademark, then Disney might have to pay Netflix back for production costs, and they get the content Netflix created.

Even in the case of Netflix retaining rerun rights, I could see Disney paying for those rights.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Both these shows start this month:

Hadn't heard about Kingdom. Looks good.

Hope they don't screw up Punisher Season 2 as bad as they did the last Luke Cage. Crossing my fingers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 am

Tricks Tricks:
llama66 llama66:

I really enjoyed it.

Corri in that purple pantsuit! Right! [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:56 am

Nah man, all about Dove. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am

She's cute too, but I was captivated by the way those flared legs moved around her curves.

I've been known to be easily distracted by shiny objects. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
She's cute too, but I was captivated by the way those flared legs moved around her curves.

I've been known to be easily distracted by shiny objects. ;)

I also love the actor who plays Hawk. He played Thad in Blue Mountain State and he's hilarious.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am

Tricks Tricks:
I also love the actor who plays Hawk. He played Thad in Blue Mountain State and he's hilarious.

He is rather impressive. I recognize him (didn't see BMS) but I'm not sure from where. I'm thinking a US based war movie.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  23 ... 43  Next