Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:34 pm

We needed this thread! :mrgreen:

How is everyone enjoying season six of TWD? Two shows into it and this is one of the better seasons ever!

First: Moar zombies!!!

Second: Moar gunz!!!

Third: Moar Morgan, Carol, and Michionne!!!

Seriously, I loved how they explained how the idyllic and Utopian settlement of Alexandria had managed to avoid the destruction of other such communities that the group had come across in their travels. The quarry was a pretty amazing reveal in the plot!

Forgive me this, but I also rather enjoyed how the notion of old school gun control in the community died a quick and sudden death in last night's episode. Between the zombies and the far more dangerous living people it was clear that the Honorable Congresswoman's ideas on gun control were at an end. Everyone needed to be armed against both the living and the dead or else they stood to lose their lives.

There were also a few instances where it was made clear that you don't negotiate with murderers. You put them down to make sure you're safe.

Now that the Utopia has been broken what's next? Who are the Wolves and where did they come from? Is Carl's little girlfriend a Wolf? I've been wondering about that given her penchant to travel outside the walls on her own. I also am wondering about the pictures of Alexandria and who took them and developed them? Did anyone notice they were black and white prints from film and not digital? That was a neat detail.

It was also nice to see Carol and Morgan at the end with the silent acknowledgment that each now knows exactly who the other person is. Carol's turn as Suzy Homemaker is clearly at an end and maybe now we'll get to find out what that whole deception was really about.

All in all, great stuff!

Oh, yeah, I'm enjoying the little FTWD miniseries with the airplane and the one guy who's clearly infected and puking in the barf bag. I'm sure this will end up being a pretty scary flight! :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Blow my freaking mind. I'd given up on the series, then I came back last season and got grabbed again. So glad I did. This is great. Keep it up Walking Dead guys.

Oh and...

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Now that the Utopia has been broken what's next? Who are the Wolves and where did they come from? Is Carl's little girlfriend a Wolf? I've been wondering about that given her penchant to travel outside the walls on her own. I also am wondering about the pictures of Alexandria and who took them and developed them? Did anyone notice they were black and white prints from film and not digital? That was a neat detail.

I suspected something was up with Enid from the moment she appeared.

But last night there was the dialogue slip. Remember she was telling Carl there were too many blind spots in the wall and she started to say something like "That's how we..." but she never finished the sentenced.

Remember Carol sitting on a porch after her masked commando defense against the wolves? She looks over and somebody has marked the railing with an "A".

Was that A for armory, you think? Had somebody marked the town so the wolves would know where to go when they arrived?

Those pictures gay guy found - they were taken from inside the compound. You could tell from the direction of the struts.

There's a mole alright, and Enid is looking awful moley so far.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:36 pm

$1:

I think Aaron mentioned someone salvaged an old-school Polaroid camera; that's where they came from.

As for Enid, I thin she's simply uncomfortable in such a peaceful place of plenty. As we saw in the opening, she had to survive by herself for a while after a major trauma. The people of Alexandria are just as off putting with their innocence to Enid as it was to Rick and co.

Just like your earlier thread on FTWD, I think you're reading too much into the show, politically that is. Its not so much a contrast between disarmament/gun control. IMO, it's more of a contrast between the accidental idyll of Alexandria vs. the experience of Rick and the gang. They've seen humanity at its worst. The people of Alexandria haven't.

i'm not sure if you caught it, but at the end of the episode after 45 mins of badassery, Carol looks like she broke.

But yeah. Great season so far. Can't imagine how many other shoes are going to drop.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:50 pm

1) Carol FTW!
2) poor turtle
3) tired if Morgan's pacifist routine already, was hoping he went into the wrong building and that the panic stricken woman in charge of the armoury would have shot him
4) ironic that the only Alexandrian that fought back and shot up the big rig before it crashed the gate ended up ruining Rick's plan by killing the truck driver who fell on the control knob for the horn that drew half the herd from the quarry back to town
5) yeah, Enid isn't a wolf, she's just a survivor who was smart enough to bail when she saw how stupid the Alexandrians are
6) I suspect that the wolves got those photos from one of the several Alexandrians that had been exiled
7) Google "Negan " and that'll explain how dangerous the wolves are going to be; they're casting for the role for the second half of the season
8) fuck android autocorrect

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

If all those clues turn out to be red herrings I'm going to get pissed and reboot my personal boycott of the series. PDT_Armataz_01_02

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:10 pm

$1:
6) I suspect that the wolves got those photos from one of the several Alexandrians that had been exiled

No they got it from Aaron. Remember the episode last season where he and Daryl were in the food warehouse and set off the zombie trap set by the Wolves. He dropped the bag in order to get away and the last scene in the episode is one of the Wolves finding it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Forgot that part. Missed most of the marathon a couple of weeks ago. They mentioned it in the comic about the exiled Alexandrians then dropped the storyline. I'm wondering if the show will make them into wolves because presumably the exiles were assholes so they'd fit in well with some feral killers. Assuming they didn't get eaten by them.

Last edited by Thanos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Speaking of bags, what's in that bag Morgan was carrying at the end when he walks by Carol after dispatching that one long haired wolf he'd met before?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:04 pm

WTF! 8O

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 66.95 KiB | Viewed 578 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:41 pm

Yeah, that's it for me, I think. I like shows better that are allowed to have heroes.

S'long Walking Dead.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm

BRAH BRAH:
WTF! 8O

Plus a one-week cliffhanger because next week is a 90-minute all Morgan episode

RIP to a good guy. I liked that kid. :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Don't be so hasty. I'll bet Glenn is still alive. Those were Nicholas' guts being pulled out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Not with a herd that size. They were trapped by at least several hundred of the evil fuckers in that alleyway with even more coming up behind. Not too many hope spots on this show at the best of times. That's why they did so much in slo-mo and with the sound muted in that sequence because it was a genuine no-way-out moment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Love this season!! SPOILERS BELOW. *******

To comments:

1) When we first met Aaron, he had mentioned that the photos were taken with a busted up camera, the only ones they could develop. The photos are used to recruit people.

2) Aaron lost the photos in a Wolf zombie trap last season (when he and Daryl met Morgan) and we see the 2 wolves who had earlier tried to attack Morgan find the photos.

3) You know who's death: it happened. He's dead. I haven't read the comics but I had long heard that in the illustrated series, the Wolf leader kills him right about now.

Last edited by BeaverFever on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:59 pm

They're casting right now for the role of the Wolf leader for the second half of the season. They specified that they were looking for someone who could pull off the role of a laughing smiling psychopath, kind of like the Walking Dude in Stephen King's The Stand. Either way the role is going to be for someone who takes the worst traits of the Governor, Joe's hunters, and the Termites, then mixes everything together and multiplies it by about a million.

Kirkman's said that the only one he considers truly safe is Carol. That being said I hope the meeting in the comic book that Glenn eventually had with Lucille isn't rewritten with Darryl taking his place. As the meme goes, if Darryl dies we riot. :twisted: