Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:53 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
I'm watching The Gifted tonight.

I don't watch much network but this season I'll push myself to watch Big Bang, just because it's the last season.

Young Sheldon has me hooked...so that one too.

I like Young Sheldon too. Good casting on that show.

Iain Armitage was on Stephen Colbert recently and he is a really cute and funny kid.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Just finished watching the newest episode of Dr Who with Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor..... 8O 8O The 1st episode was interesting enough to compel me to watch the next episode.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:55 pm

CFL football, NFL football, NCAA football, and.....

ALL YOUR FOOTBALL ARE BELONG TO ME!

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Hyack wrote:
Just finished watching the newest episode of Dr Who with Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor..... 8O 8O The 1st episode was interesting enough to compel me to watch the next episode.

Oh...darn it...I forgot all about that.

Thanks. I'll find it now.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:17 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Hyack wrote:

Oh...darn it...I forgot all about that.

Thanks. I'll find it now.

5:00pm today on the Space channel......Shaw 271 in the Lower Mainland....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:21 am

I rather liked it.

But new Doctors take a little while to grow into the role.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:34 am

Man in the High Castle.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 am

DrCaleb wrote:
I rather liked it.

It was watchable. The production values were good.

They played a special after that one where there were 3 doctors - Matt Smith, David Tenant and John Hurt. Was it something they made then buried then dug up after Hurt died? I don't know. I'd never seen it before.

But that one was so good, it showed the bar that needed to be reached. This new one isn't close and it doesn't feel much like a real Doctor Who episode. It was watchable for whatever it was though.

I don't like any of the companions. Little Mama Who did a passable imitation of Matt Smith without the smiles.

I imagine they were using their best writer or writers for this premiere. Under Moffat as writer/showrunner the problem was, the episodes he wrote were fine but the other writers in the stable stunk. Let's hope that isn't going to happen this time because it isn't far to the basement from where they are.

The premiere was watchable though.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:57 am

DrCaleb wrote:
I rather liked it.

Jodie Whittaker kind of makes me think of a long haired blonde David Tennant with boobs..... :) :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 am

Hyack wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
I rather liked it.

Jodie Whittaker kind of makes me think of a long haired blonde David Tennant with boobs..... :) :)

She reminds you of Peter Davison then? ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Meateater on Netflix. Love this show.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Tricks wrote:

Hey, me too! I like how the whole show is about a) the hunt itself b) the interaction between the people involved and c) cookin' up the spoils. No products are mentioned, no bragging about a new 6.5x375 super x/t/ R that you must have for those 3 mile shots in Alaska.
My only complaint is there are like 7 or 8 seasons available and only three are there!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:04 pm

fifeboy wrote:
Tricks wrote:

Hey, me too! I like how the whole show is about a) the hunt itself b) the interaction between the people involved and c) cookin' up the spoils. No products are mentioned, no bragging about a new 6.5x375 super x/t/ R that you must have for those 3 mile shots in Alaska.
My only complaint is there are like 7 or 8 seasons available and only three are there!

I like too how they focus a lot of the conservation that hunters believe. The misconception that they are just blood crazed monsters is beautifully debunked in the show. Every time Rinella walks up on a deer he's just shot you can tell he's in awe of the animal. And that he makes sure to demonstrate they use as much of the animal as they can. Responsibility is a big part of it. Doing shit legally, not being stupid with your shots where you might wound the animal, and education abound. Just a solid show all around. Rinella seems like a solid dude.

There's definitely product placement, but I've listened to his podcast, and he uses the shit in the show for real. So yeah, he's not overtly talking about the stuff, but you see the vortex optics, benchmade knives, yeti coolers all over the place.

I may have had to... illegally obtain the others :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Tricks wrote:
fifeboy wrote:
Tricks wrote:

I like too how they focus a lot of the conservation that hunters believe. The misconception that they are just blood crazed monsters is beautifully debunked in the show. Every time Rinella walks up on a deer he's just shot you can tell he's in awe of the animal. And that he makes sure to demonstrate they use as much of the animal as they can. Responsibility is a big part of it. Doing shit legally, not being stupid with your shots where you might wound the animal, and education abound. Just a solid show all around. Rinella seems like a solid dude.

There's definitely product placement, but I've listened to his podcast, and he uses the shit in the show for real. So yeah, he's not overtly talking about the stuff, but you see the vortex optics, benchmade knives, yeti coolers all over the place.

I may have had to... illegally obtain the others :lol:

Well, my Stanley travel mug is not an endorsement of the product, it just happens to say Stanley on the outside. I don't yell at my wife:" Where is my Stanley 1.5 l travel mug, garrenteed to keep hot tea hot up to 8 hours." I say " where the hell is my friggin mug, I gotta go drive." And I haven't watched the podcast. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 am

fifeboy wrote:
And I haven't watched the podcast. :lol:

You are doing it wrong. ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1375 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 77  78  79  80  81  82  83 ... 92  Next