canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:28 pm

I'm working on something and the TV is playing a program I've never seen before, "Snake City"... one of the worst, most idiotic shows I've ever seen.

I'm surprised I was actually able to watch 5 minutes of it. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 am

"The Orville"

One conversation I recall from the last episode went something like:

First Officer: "Lt. (somebody) was asking about larger family sized quarters"
Captain "Is he thinking of dividing in half?"
F.O. "Technically, we aren't allowed to ask that. . ."

:lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:30 pm

When I went to Dawson Creek this Christmas I caught my youngest grand daughter watching one of the best TV shows since Howdy Doody (with a doppelganger of Andrew Scheer). It is Shaun the Sheep, and it's on Netflix. Fantastic...I'm rationing them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:32 pm

I tried watching "Deadly Class," based on the Comic book of the same name, but gave it up after one show. Too many bright-faced young actors playing villains. They are good to look at but hard to identify with.

However, I have also started watching "Titans" on Netflix. It is another DC series and since I am somewhat familiar with the characters I am enjoying it so far.

I'm also back to the Blacklist although I don't find it as strong as it was before. Perhaps it is running out of plot ideas.

And I have five talk shows I take in during weeknights.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 am

I'm very happy 'True Detective' is back. I've liked Mahershala Ali since "The 4400". He always plays complex roles, even if I can't always spell his name. ;)

This week, the scene with him recording his memories, but his 'ghosts' haunting him was . . . incredible? Chilling?

I don't know, but it looks like the best season yet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 am

Finally got around to watching that show they were debuting after the Superbowl.

Hannah.

I've got the movie on DVD the series is based on. The movie is good. This TV series might be better.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:07 am

Here's a better laid out schedule to upcoming returns of series.

https://eztv.io/countdown/

Hmmm...the full series of Hannah starts in a month. And IZombie is coming back. Don't mind that. I thought it was cancelled.

Lately I've been watching a couple examples of what I'll call "critic-friendly" episodic TV series.

Basically if you're making something you want to see get a good critic score on Rotten Tomatoes and be nominated for awards you have the protagonists helpless in a hopeless situation and destined for humiliation. Either that or you just make it tediously "woke" like the new Doctor Who.

But by the first definition I've been watching two dark super-hero series. One is the Umbrella Academy. The other is Doom Patrol.

Umbrella Academy...meh...

It's well done. I can take or leave it though. However....liked the finale. Looking forward to the next season based on that.

Doom Patrol breaks another of the rules of what I'll now call critic-friendly or Prog-fic. The characters are likable. I find myself openly liking this one. So far, can't wait for the next ep.

Doom Patrol appears to be a spin-off of the previous series, Titans. I think it's a DC comic.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:43 pm

I just started watching a series called deadly class. It is on syfy network and based off of a comic book. Its pretty damn awesome! I give it a 10 for originality. If you like quirky, different, new,.....this show is right up your alley. I highly recommend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:18 am

Sounds interesting:

Quote:
Set in a dark, heightened world against the backdrop of late 80s counter culture, Deadly Class follows the story of Marcus, a teen living on the streets who is recruited into Kings Dominion, an elite private academy where the world's top crime families send their next generations. Maintaining his moral code while surviving a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques and his own adolescent uncertainties soon proves to be vital.

Social Sci Fi.

Think I'll check it out.

Just checked out the last Orville episode ending the Kaylon arc. That was fun.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:38 pm

I watched the first season of Cobra Kai after seeing the link to the YouTube freebie preview here at CKA.

Season 1 was surprisingly good. Just going by the trailer one can hope the second season might even be better:

Out on April 24:

Oh and Hanna rocked. Doom Patrol is still watchable. Have Deadly Class in the lineup ready to check out but haven't got there yet. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger is back. Game of Thrones this coming Sunday.

It's either feast of famine for TV, isn't it. Heading into feast days. [cheer]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:33 am

"Killing Eve" season two just started on BBC America and it is exceptional! [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:44 am

I just watched Ultraman on Netflix. Animation was really good. I am patiently waiting for more Letterkenney.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 am

llama66 wrote:
I just watched Ultraman on Netflix. Animation was really good.

Ultraman was good. Not 'Neon Genesis' level, but good. (better than some anime on Netflix) Yes, "Seven Deadly Sins", I'm looking at you.

"American Gods" is getting good too. Shadow Moon is finally realizing why Wednesday chose him as a body guard. ;) And I hope Dead Wife brings back the Leprechaun. I liked him.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:30 am

Quote:
Ultraman was good. Not 'Neon Genesis' level, but good. (better than some anime on Netflix) Yes, "Seven Deadly Sins", I'm looking at you.

There is far worse anime on Netflix.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:22 am

Also, "The Orville" rocked its second season. I think it out "Star Trekked" Star Trek:Discovery.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/ ... is-series/

And speaking of Discovery . . . Third Season? I don't know how they are going to work that ending back into the timeline. Some really good stories specifically to make it fit in the timeline too. I really liked Anson Mount as Christopher Pike as well.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1346 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 79  80  81  82  83  84  85 ... 90  Next