Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 am

So, "Lucifer" as become a Netflix property it seems. They dumped Season 5 last week. Pretty decent story. "Eve" definitely make the season worthwhile. [drool] You can almost hear the 'whoosh' from her eyelashes as she blinks.

I like the inside jokes the writers of 'Supernatural' and 'Lucifer' share. A few seasons ago on 'Supernatural', Lucifer sitting in the Cage in Hell made a comment, "Perhaps I'll just move to L.A. and fight crime". This past season of Supernatural featured a Lucifer/Human cross called 'Jack', a 'Nephelim".

This season on Lucifer, an angel and a human make a baby, and they discuss calling it 'Jack'. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:51 am

DrCaleb wrote:
So, "Lucifer" as become a Netflix property it seems. They dumped Season 5 last week. Pretty decent story. "Eve" definitely make the season worthwhile. [drool] You can almost hear the 'whoosh' from her eyelashes as she blinks.

I like the inside jokes the writers of 'Supernatural' and 'Lucifer' share. A few seasons ago on 'Supernatural', Lucifer sitting in the Cage in Hell made a comment, "Perhaps I'll just move to L.A. and fight crime". This past season of Supernatural featured a Lucifer/Human cross called 'Jack', a 'Nephelim".

This season on Lucifer, an angel and a human make a baby, and they discuss calling it 'Jack'. :lol:

No spoilers I'm only a 3rd of the way through season. I do agree EVE is [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:39 pm

It was pretty satisfying the way The Big Bang Theory ended its series last night.

Long running TV shows don't always get the series finale right. It's nice when they do.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:24 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
It was pretty satisfying the way The Big Bang Theory ended its series last night.

Long running TV shows don't always get the series finale right. It's nice when they do.

It was a good one and I enjoyed it. I only started watching the show a couple of years ago but have seen many reruns of the previous seasons especially in the past year or so.

Young Sheldon's season finale was also good, particularly the very end where they showed the future BBT main characters as children at the same age (10 or so). The kids they cast for that segment even looked just like the younger versions of their future selves! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 pm

The cast of TBBT was on the late show last night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm

I like TBBT for the most part. I would have preferred they'd done more nerd stuff in the last few years instead of the couples' things but whatever. It's first half-dozen seasons were as good as sitcoms can get. They did well overall and they deserve whatever success and legacy they got out of it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 pm

raydan wrote:
The cast of TBBT was on the late show last night.

I haven't watched it yet but did record it and will watch it later.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:06 pm

I won't give out any spoilers in that case, except to say that I liked seeing them all out of character.

Another thing, did anybody else see or notice Amy in the IBM TV ads?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:46 am

Female TV Reviewer Freaks Out That ‘Big Bang Theory’ Character Is Happily Pregnant In Finale

Attachments:
Feminist-angry-620x396 (1).jpg
Feminist-angry-620x396 (1).jpg [ 15.64 KiB | Viewed 109 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:

That's hilarious. I liked that the writers threw that in.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 am

Yeah, we're left with the warm glow knowing Leonard and Penny's kid will be both "Smart and beautiful."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 pm

I've been watching the Chernobyl mini-series on HBO and I gotta say it's pretty good. It's a riveting look at the human cost of the disaster as well as a look at how the inherent deficiencies in the Soviet system tried to downplay and then hide information of the accident even from the people who could have helped mitigate the damage.

Three episodes in out of five and it's totally worth watching.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am

8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 am

[popcorn]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1373 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 80  81  82  83  84  85  86 ... 92  Next