CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9120
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:23 am
 


"Fuck you Jonesy your mom shot cum straight across the room and killed my Siamese fighting fish threw off the ph levels in my aquarium"

"Fuck you Shoresy!"

Best line.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33846
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:26 am
 


:lol:

I like the show because things like that come so fast and so often there isn't time to laugh at them all. I'm going to have to rewatch the series a few times.

But I do remember the aquarium one. ROTFL


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23754
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:39 am
 


I unironically use "give your balls a tug" in every day speech now.

Also:
"I made your mom so wet Trudeau had to deploy a 24 hour national guard unit to stack sandbags around my bed"


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9120
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 am
 


Tricks wrote:
I unironically use "give your balls a tug" in every day speech now.

Also:
"I made your mom so wet Trudeau had to deploy a 24 hour national guard unit to stack sandbags around my bed"

I call people "10-ply" and "spare parts" often now.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33846
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:04 am
 


There are so many lines I'd like to use, but you have to watch what you say in a Government office or you end up in HR for an afternoon watching sensitivity videos.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9120
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
There are so many lines I'd like to use, but you have to watch what you say in a Government office or you end up in HR for an afternoon watching sensitivity videos.

LOL


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23754
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:14 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
I unironically use "give your balls a tug" in every day speech now.

Also:
"I made your mom so wet Trudeau had to deploy a 24 hour national guard unit to stack sandbags around my bed"

I call people "10-ply" and "spare parts" often now.

100% on spare parts. Especially while driving.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33846
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 am
 


The finale of 'Chernobyl' was predictably dark. :(

Officially, 31 casualties. Estimates, over 600,000.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9120
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:16 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
The finale of 'Chernobyl' was predictably dark. :(

Officially, 31 casualties. Estimates, over 600,000.

The series was riveting.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33846
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:49 am
 


llama66 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
The finale of 'Chernobyl' was predictably dark. :(

Officially, 31 casualties. Estimates, over 600,000.

The series was riveting.


I know it was dramatic, but when they flew the Hind into the smoke column - that was pretty serious! Probably not out of the realm of possibility, assuming it did happen.

They did a good job with the flashlights in the 'bubble trap' water scene too. Normal batteries will die in the presence of ionizing radiation. I'm just shocked that all those guys lived, and two are still alive!


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9120
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 am
 


for me the frantic 90 seconds scene was amazing and Legasov explaining how the reactors work were both amazing.

The thing that bothered me was there was no reference of how Yeltsin declared Legasov a "Hero of the Russian Federation" in 1995. I felt that should have been noted.

The series was brilliant. The character development was wonderful. It goes down as one of, if not my most favorite series ever.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33846
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:30 am
 


llama66 wrote:
for me the frantic 90 seconds scene was amazing and Legasov explaining how the reactors work were both amazing.


It's hard to tell a Judge how a nuclear reactor works, but that approach was brilliant!

llama66 wrote:
The thing that bothered me was there was no reference of how Yeltsin declared Legasov a "Hero of the Russian Federation" in 1995. I felt that should have been noted.

The series was brilliant. The character development was wonderful. It goes down as one of, if not my most favorite series ever.


Agreed.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15898
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:53 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
The finale of 'Chernobyl' was predictably dark. :(

Officially, 31 casualties. Estimates, over 600,000.

The series was riveting.


I know it was dramatic, but when they flew the Hind into the smoke column - that was pretty serious! Probably not out of the realm of possibility, assuming it did happen.

They did a good job with the flashlights in the 'bubble trap' water scene too. Normal batteries will die in the presence of ionizing radiation. I'm just shocked that all those guys lived, and two are still alive!


It did and it didn’t. There was a helicopter crash at the reactor site. But it was five months later and the pilot clipped a crane wire instead of succumbing to radiation IIRC.

And agree as well. It was a brilliant mini series.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33846
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:59 am
 


xerxes wrote:
It did and it didn’t. There was a helicopter crash at the reactor site. But it was five months later and the pilot clipped a crane wire instead of succumbing to radiation IIRC.


I remembered something like that, a crash but later in the event. But I also know strong ionizing radiation will cause metal to become brittle, which would cause the metal parts of a helicopter rotor and turbine to fail. I don't know if they would fail that quickly though.

Either way, the pictures of looking into that core were hellish! 8O


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15898
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 pm
 


The clip of the helicopter crash is on YouTube I think. It’s also posted on the subreddit for the show as well.

If you watch the doc I posted a page or two ago they have footage that was actually taken from inside the core the day after which floored me. The poor bastard who was sent to take it probably had no idea the horrific fate he was being sentenced to. There’s also footage from Pripyat and there’s so much radioactivity in the air it’s getting burned onto the film which is crazy.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1380 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 83  84  85  86  87  88  89 ... 92  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.