bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:04 am

xerxes wrote:
Ny Comic Con was on this weekend so we got a bunch of new trailers to salivate over:

The Expanse S4

Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek Discovery S3

And another spin off of The Walking Dead

I'm looking forward to all those but the most intriquing is the Walking Dead spinoff. The first thing I thought after seeing the "nearly a decade after the start of the apocalypse" was, okay how stupid is this latest crowd going to be?

Apparently according to TWD formula, to survive the apocalypse you have to spend 7 years running from hordes of zombies but, you must never learn and continue to do the same stupid things, make the same stupid mistakes and trust the same evil people over and over again. So given they've survived a decade they could potentially be twice as stupid as the other characters on their sister shows.

So here's hoping they don't use the same tired and predictable formula when doing this show that they did with the other two because if they use things like the "Glen tactic" where you show him to be killed numerous times only to have him miraculously survive just so you can turn his head into a broken, bloody and disgusting mess of brains, skin and skull, it won't work because people are tired of both the characters continual stupidity and the writers lazy attempt to create suspense by their coninued use of a formula that went out after the first season.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:07 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
xerxes wrote:
Ny Comic Con was on this weekend so we got a bunch of new trailers to salivate over:

The Expanse S4

Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek Discovery S3

And another spin off of The Walking Dead

I'm looking forward to all those but the most intriquing is the Walking Dead spinoff. The first thing I thought after seeing the "nearly a decade after the start of the apocalypse" was, okay how stupid is this latest crowd going to be?

Apparently according to TWD formula, to survive the apocalypse you have to spend 7 years running from hordes of zombies but, you must never learn and continue to do the same stupid things, make the same stupid mistakes and trust the same evil people over and over again. So given they've survived a decade they could potentially be twice as stupid as the other characters on their sister shows.

So here's hoping they don't use the same tired and predictable formula when doing this show that they did with the other two because if they use things like the "Glen tactic" where you show him to be killed numerous times only to have him miraculously survive just so you can turn his head into a broken, bloody and disgusting mess of brains, skin and skull, it won't work because people are tired of both the characters continual stupidity and the writers lazy attempt to create suspense by their continued use of a formula that became passe after the first season.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:03 pm

xerxes wrote:
So by woke in this case you mean an accurate portrayal of history? Because the opening scene did happen.

The real Watchmen also spun from real world events into an alternate reality.

What I mean is Woke Watchmen went right to race. It slaps you across the face from the opening scene. Issue over plot and character - that's the new rule.

Apparently there wasn't enough diversity in the real Watchmen (Blue doesn't count. Gotta be brown or black) so right away they introduce a new Woke Watchman hero who's this pudgy black lady we're now required to think of as edgy and tough because she puts on a leather hoodie and half an antifa mask. The music and dark atmosphere tells us how dangerous Pudgy now is and you just know she'll be flying 6 and a half foot white guys around by the collar soon or back-handing them across the room because as is made clear right away she is now a super by nature of the way she's dressed and anyway, white people are horrible.

That's just the intro I imagine every issue of wokeness will be dripping through every scene for those who are able to sit through the whole thing.

For me Woke Watchmen sucks. I'm admiring my own fortitude for being able to get through almost 10 minutes of such tedious crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:23 pm

I'm more disturbed by the next Walking Dead show in that it looks like low-cost shit. AMC's sitting on a billion-dollar money making machine and they still manage to make the upcoming WD series, and still do it with FTWD even after five seasons, look less impressive than what George Romero did with a budget of less than $100,000. It just looks bad in the way FTWD is, in that even Greg Nicotero FX aren't worth the time to sit through the rest of the tedious "we gotta stick together!" crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Quote:

So here's hoping they don't use the same tired and predictable formula when doing this show that they did with the other two because if they use things like the "Glen tactic" where you show him to be killed numerous times only to have him miraculously survive just so you can turn his head into a broken, bloody and disgusting mess of brains, skin and skull, it won't work because people are tired of both the characters continual stupidity and the writers lazy attempt to create suspense by their coninued use of a formula that went out after the first season.

Knowing AMC, that's exactly what the formula will be. Mainly because it works. We're all suckers for cliffhangers and we always will be.

That said, the premise of the second TWD spinoff is interesting to me. Society seems to have settled into a new normal where zombies are a thing. I'll give it a chance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:05 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
xerxes wrote:
So by woke in this case you mean an accurate portrayal of history? Because the opening scene did happen.

The real Watchmen also spun from real world events into an alternate reality.

What I mean is Woke Watchmen went right to race. It slaps you across the face from the opening scene. Issue over plot and character - that's the new rule.

Apparently there wasn't enough diversity in the real Watchmen (Blue doesn't count. Gotta be brown or black) so right away they introduce a new Woke Watchman hero who's this pudgy black lady we're now required to think of as edgy and tough because she puts on a leather hoodie and half an antifa mask. The music and dark atmosphere tells us how dangerous Pudgy now is and you just know she'll be flying 6 and a half foot white guys around by the collar soon or back-handing them across the room because as is made clear right away she is now a super by nature of the way she's dressed and anyway, white people are horrible.

That's just the intro I imagine every issue of wokeness will be dripping through every scene for those who are able to sit through the whole thing.

For me Woke Watchmen sucks. I'm admiring my own fortitude for being able to get through almost 10 minutes of such tedious crap.

If that's how you feel, maybe this is more up your alley.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:43 pm

They should probably stick to Ben Garrison cartoons and John McNaughton paintings if they want to see their political heroes and their ideology portrayed as the good guys. It ain't gonna happen in movies or TV shows based on comic books. Comics have always been anti-right, anti-authoritarian, and anti-bully. Which means, all in all, they'll never be a place where rightists or Trump fans will be comfortable.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 am

xerxes wrote:

Funny enough, I already knew about that incident; black people openly slaughtered on the streets in broad daylight less than 100 years ago by Klansmen. And that there was no accurate body count from it. Guess that's the punishment for being 'woke' informed.

I like that this Watchmen series is using some big name actors. Jeremy Irons, Louis Gosset Jr., Don Johnson. Talent. But I'll forever be scarred seeing Jeremy Irons nude. 8O

And who else wants a 'Looking Glass' mask for Halloween?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:03 am

xerxes wrote:

If that's how you feel, maybe this is more up your alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlPScCOM7-Q

Really? That all you've got now? Nazi?

It's kind of cute. I was daring to wake the "woke" on another site and a guy there was calling "Russian."

So Nazi or Commie. Can't you guys make up your minds. :lol:

I can see how it might be difficult to tell the difference though.

Doesn't matter. Giggle-worthy as that all is, it hasn't changed my mind on the main point. Woke Watchmen sucks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 am

Pudgy is an interesting way to describe Regina King. Sounds like someone is butthurt she's fitter than he is. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Could be.

Woke Watchmen still sucks though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 am

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:37 am

For all mankind is amazing

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 am

Get Woke, Go Broke: ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Bombs At The Box Office

Quote:
The still yet to be disproven axiom “get woke, go broke” chalked up another win for itself this weekend with the underwhelming box office performance of the ultra-feminist “Terminator: Dark Fate.”

Despite the return of producer James Cameron and the reunion of Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Forbes reports that the sci-fi action sequel pulled in a horrific $10.6 million on Friday and is now tracking for a lousy $27 million opening weekend on an inflated budget of $185 million (not including another $100 million in marketing costs). That makes it the lowest profiting “Terminator” in the franchise’s history.

Forbes has more:

Terminator: Dark Fate faced judgment day once again yesterday, earning just $10.6 million on Friday. The sci-fi sequel … was the third attempt to revive the Terminator series in a decade. McG’s Terminator: Salvation, a future war sequel starring Christian Bale, earned just $125 million domestic and $375 million on a $200 million budget. Alan Taylor’s Terminator: Genisys, a time-twisting retcon that paired Schwarzenegger with Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney, earned $89 million domestic and $441 million worldwide on a $155 million budget, including $113 million in China.

So, how did this happen? How could one of the most beloved sci-fi action franchises in movie history become such a flop? According to Society Reviews, “Terminator: Dark Fate” flips everything people loved about Sarah Connor’s story on its head in the name of third-wave feminism, rendering the events of T1 and T2 meaningless

https://www.dailywire.com/news/get-woke ... ox-office/

OK, that's movies but if you like we can talk Batwoman or Mrs. Doctor Who for the same result.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:38 am

Or... people didn’t want to watch another Terminator rehash. The return of Cameron and Hamilton notwithstanding.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1507 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 88  89  90  91  92  93  94 ... 101  Next