Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:52 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
PostFactum wrote:
Dexter

Good to see you're still alive and well. We hadn't hear from you in awhile. [B-o]

I wonder if the two are related? ;)

:rock:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
PostFactum wrote:
Dexter

Good to see you're still alive and well. We hadn't hear from you in awhile. [B-o]

well I changed my life a bit but ok in general, you can`t imagine how many people from Canada I meet every month

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:26 pm

PostFactum wrote:
you can`t imagine how many people from Canada I meet every month

They're fucking everywhere, aren't they??? :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Picard ended....poorly. Too much stuff to put into two 45-minute blocks of airtime. The story was OK but there were obvious gaps in things that happened but weren't seen. Unfortunate. They didn't go full-SJW the way Discovery has but the finale definitely lost the flow and coherence of the previous eight episodes. Darn. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Thanos wrote:
Picard ended....poorly. Too much stuff to put into two 45-minute blocks of airtime. The story was OK but there were obvious gaps in things that happened but weren't seen. Unfortunate. They didn't go full-SJW the way Discovery has but the finale definitely lost the flow and coherence of the previous eight episodes. Darn. :|

They had me when it looked like it was going to be a sad end to the two series. Then they kept going. I was choked up a little at the first death but for the second I was "Yeah right. Fool me once shame one you. Fool me twice..."

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Thanos wrote:

I don't know. I am sort of divided on the end. On one hand, I thought they would fix his problem similar to how his heart was fixed. The solution was a bit radical though. Seems to me if you only have a small part to fix, you don't replace the whole thing.

(Hope that was sufficenly spoiler free)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:45 pm

NOT SPOILER FREE!

At least they could have taken about 20 seconds to explain that the two goof scientists making the new synths had found an intact strand of Data's neural network floating in the debris field of the Romulan flagship that had been destroyed in the Star Trek: Nemesis movie. Kind of would have effectively explained how they'd built some kind of fancy Rubik's Cube that was housing his stored consciousness for Picard to encounter while they were transferring his own "soul" and mind into the blank-slate golem. Like, what was all the crying for anyway if this was what they'd scripted all along, for Picard to survive this way?

At least the main baddie in the Romulan lady was super-hot. And she apparently had some kind of localized personal transporter, the one she saved herself in one of the previous episodes with when the ex-Borg swarmed her. Hopefully she was able to use it again when Seven booted her off the platform because villains like that are the ones folks usually want to see return. Plus, did I mention she was SUPER-HOT? [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Seven of Nine kicked her ass. I liked that.

But yeah, she was OK as heavies go.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:10 pm

You are right there. I do like that they took care of Data, but it was rather shortly after we found out about Data.

But it does explain how Soji came by his memories.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

I liked it when the Romulan commander ordered their fleet to target for "planetary sterilization pattern 5". What, this means that they've got at least another four full-sterilization patterns ready to go at a moment's notice? Good ol' Romulans. They're basically Star Trek's version of how Emperor Palpatine runs things. Always among the most reliably psychotic totalitarians ever encountered. :lol:

Didn't like the super-synthetics that were coming through the portal. Don't know why "monstrous tentacles" seems to be the go-to imagery for so many sci-fi baddies. Would have been much more interesting if they'd been like the Ori from Stargate, with just a massive total-supremacy ship of some kind, one that would even dwarf a Borg cube. Keeps them on an understandable level.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:00 pm

I'm finally watching Season 8 of Game of Thrones. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Still puzzled as to why everyone is still so pissed off at Dany. The evidence was there all along through her actions and words, and how she said them, that she wasn't what everyone thought she was. Just because their world-view of her was wrong all along, mostly because they continually underestimated what a small girl full of tightly-controlled rage was capable of doing, doesn't mean her actions are inexplicable. Let's see, shall we start at the beginning with her obvious lifelong obsession with fire. Well, duh. Guess some of you fans should have waited until the end before you started naming your infant daughters "Khaleesi". :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:44 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
I'm finally watching Season 8 of Game of Thrones. 8)

There are those among those who have seen Season 8 who would implore you to stop now before it's too late.

Quote:
A petition to HBO for "competent writers" to remake the eighth season of Game of Thrones in a manner "that makes sense" was started on Change.org after "The Last of the Starks" aired, but went viral after "The Bells" aired.[97][98] The petition described showrunners David Benioff and D. B. Weiss as "woefully incompetent writers".[99][100][101][102] As of September 6, 2019, it has amassed over 1.73 million signatures.[97][101][103][104][105][106][107] Digital Spy reported that fans of the series criticized the season for the way it handled several character arcs and the "rushed" pacing.[97][108] The petition's creator stated that he never expected HBO to remake the season, but saw the petition as a message "of frustration and disappointment at its core".[97]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_(season_8)

I guess the first few episodes can be Choked down. By all that's holy though, avoid the finale. You'll never want to watch a GoTR repeat episode again if you do. And what if nothing else is on?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm

1.73 fanboy losers whining like children because the girl they'd spent eight years rubbing one out to in their fantasies turned out to be the greatest c*******r of them all.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1535 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 92  93  94  95  96  97  98 ... 103  Next