CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 am

"WandaVision?" [huh]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 am

I'm currently catching up on the few seasons of Deadliest Catch I haven't seen.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:45 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Tricks Tricks:
bootlegga bootlegga:

I refuse to give the Evil Empire one more cent.

Pirate it. :lol:

I haven't pirated anything in close to a deacde and wouldn't know where to start now.

That's fair. Most of my friends just get it from me, see if you got a buddy who pirates stuff and see if you can grab it off them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
Nah, Discovery is terrible for it. It's like any time Burnham talks it's like some kind of rah-rah speech. They really need for the ex-emperor to go completely nuts and try to take over the entire galaxy just to make it interesting again, like have her sell out the Federation to the Borg just because she's sick of how sweet and saccharine they are.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Just finished Borgen on netflix. Highly recommend if you're ok with subtitles or dubbing.

Just started Upload on Prime. Really really good so far. Feels like a sitcom but with elements of mystery and suspense. Can\t think of a comparable off the top of my head.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 pm

1) Raised By Wolves is concluded for the season, and was absolutely knock-out weird & brilliant IMO. To me it's retro-sci fi of the Harlan Ellison/Phillip Jose Farmer variety. Just a story with lots of really neat things and characters in it that doesn't get dragged down by any incessant need to explain technological or social things in minute detail. Like when Mother the android gave birth to .... whatever the hell that fucking thing is - it just happened, it's a game-changer, the "baby" is fucking terrifying, and that it's something that no one at all could have seen coming just has to be accepted. I find this approach to sci fi genuinely refreshing, where the creators aren't going to make things easy for the viewer - attention has to be paid to what's going on and to what's being said and the fanboy sort of input just isn't wanted. Watch and accept what's being put on the screen in front of you because this show isn't full of easy answers designed for children.

2) The Boys has been wildly insane, with the intensity of each episode being at least double of those from the first season. The Scanners-grade eruption of heads exploding into gooey messes at the Congressional committee meeting was beyond words. Homelander's pushing the evil even more than he did last season and Stormfront is a true revelation into genuine villainy. The wrap-up over the next four episodes should be insane because they're topping themselves with every succeeding show.

3) Lovecraft County - I gave up on it, and not just for the incessant "whities are all evil" sanctifying/bigotry drenching the entirety of the series. It's mostly because it's just dumb. It's over-thought to the point (and so desperate to make it's socio-political point that it's like being hit in the head over and over with a hammer) where it has zero fun at all in any of it, which is a damn shame because the opening episode was so good. I'm very disappointed because if I can't finally get a good version of HP Lovecraft on the screen from a network like HBO because of political correctness then it looks like it'll never happen at all, even more so as Hollywood decides that HPL's personal bigotry and not the cultural legacy of his stories is the only thing that is important & significant about the man.

4) Fargo - season four kicked off on Sunday, with it being set in the 1950's featuring gang war between Italians and black gangsters. It appears to be just as trippy, funny, and weird as the other seasons were, with the breakout characters being a murderous nurse and a genuinely terrifying Italian hitman. Should prove itself to be a very good one as time passes.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Lately we're hooked on animal video shows especially 'Animals Unscripted' and 'We Heart Animals', which are both without hosts or dialog, just one video after another of four-legged, feathered or finned critters doing cool/cute/amazing things. A couple hours of them are so relaxing and entertaining.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Is Thanos around?

He needs to see this:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:34 pm

I don't want to wait until next year:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:53 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:33 pm

If you're not watching The Mandalorian, you are missing out. The show is single handedly reviving the franchise like the new trilogy failed to. And if the quality of the spin-offs in the works equals The Mandalorian, then Star Wars is going to become more powerful than it could ever be imagined.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:15 am

Mandalorian is good, but they use too many cases of Deus Ex Machina, Like this last episode. Everything is going swimmingly, and it's an old 'friend' to the rescue. :|

You can tell the whole plot is just so that an old character can make an appearance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:24 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I don't want to wait until next year:

I was a little disappointed with last season's mixed up finale but wow, this next season looks good.

I'll sign on to watch another season, even if Netflix has taken it over so there's the danger of creeping wokeness.

January 8 they say.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:34 pm

xerxes xerxes:
If you're not watching The Mandalorian, you are missing out. The show is single handedly reviving the franchise like the new trilogy failed to. And if the quality of the spin-offs in the works equals The Mandalorian, then Star Wars is going to become more powerful than it could ever be imagined.

I didn't see that ending coming. Dropped my jaw.

I wanted more so I started reading up on what I saw this season. I didn't know all those characters were spun from the animated version. But I had seen the cartoon version of the Rosario Dawson Jedi character and thought 'Gee they caught that dead-on." Visually anyway. The Mandalorian wannabe leader I knew I recognized her but couldn't put my finger on who it was. Then I saw the name "Katee Sakhoff," slapped my forehead and went, "Ah yeah! Of Course."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:12 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
xerxes xerxes:

I didn't see that ending coming. Dropped my jaw.

I wanted more so I started reading up on what I saw this season. I didn't know all those characters were spun from the animated version. But I had seen the cartoon version of the Rosario Dawson Jedi character and thought 'Gee they caught that dead-on." Visually anyway. The Mandalorian wannabe leader I knew I recognized her but couldn't put my finger on who it was. Then I saw the name "Katee Sakhoff," slapped my forehead and went, "Ah yeah! Of Course."

Same. it's hard to recognize her without blonde hair.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1979 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 100  101  102  103  104  105  106 ... 132  Next