Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:33 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Pretty hard hitting story this week too, about rape in post-secondary institutions that goes unreported.

The one about unreported rapes kind of got buried by reality in the two stories of rapes that did go reported by Rolling Stone and Lena Dunham, but evidence shows they didn't actually happen.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:31 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Pretty hard hitting story this week too, about rape in post-secondary institutions that goes unreported.

The one about unreported rapes kind of got buried by reality in the two stories of rapes that did go reported by Rolling Stone and Lena Dunham, but evidence shows they didn't actually happen.

That's pretty much the gist of the episode. The new owner wants the accuser and accused to be in front of the camera at the same time, for ratings. The Producer is worried about the news media being used as judge, jury and executioner; because, what if the accuser is lying? Should they 'out' accused rapists, because one day they will destroy an innocent person's future, and there are no take backs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 am

Did anyone used to watch The Shield? Was it the kind where you have to watch it in order because omg what is going to happen next? If it wasn't, do you remember a good one that was like that? :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:01 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
Did anyone used to watch The Shield? Was it the kind where you have to watch it in order because omg what is going to happen next? If it wasn't, do you remember a good one that was like that? :D

No, it's on my Netflix 'to do' list.

I can think of a few shows like that. "Wiseguy" comes to mind. So does "Hell on Wheels", "Walking Dead", and "Homeland". Every episode of Homeland has a 'What the fuuuuuuu. . .' moment, and you can't just watch one random show and understand it all. What came before is important.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

No, it's on my Netflix 'to do' list.

I can think of a few shows like that. "Wiseguy" comes to mind. So does "Hell on Wheels", "Walking Dead", and "Homeland". Every episode of Homeland has a 'What the fuuuuuuu. . .' moment, and you can't just watch one random show and understand it all. What came before is important.

Yeah that is the kind I like! Thank you Doctor! :P [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:55 pm

A documentary on Michael Faraday, one of the most influential scientists in history... and British... Batsy would be so proud. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 pm

His real name was Michel Faradis and he had to change his name because his British neighbours were so stuck up.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:42 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
I still have no words for last weeks episode but tomorrow is the end.

Yea, so that happened. I thought it would go one of two ways, and I'm kind of glad it went that way.

Very bloody episode though! And I don't get what the bread meant. ?? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:26 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Vic Mackey rules

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:13 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:
I still have no words for last weeks episode but tomorrow is the end.

Yea, so that happened. I thought it would go one of two ways, and I'm kind of glad it went that way.

Very bloody episode though! And I don't get what the bread meant. ?? :?

There was bread and crows on the highway in the very first episode. 8)
Paris Barclay ~ "There’s a lot of religious imagery that happens here—between the blood and the bread and the outstretched arms. There’s something going on of a person who believes that what he’s doing is the best thing for others—specifically for his family."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:17 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Vic Mackey rules

I saw Vic driving a truck yesterday on SOA. :D Kurt Sutter helped make some of the Shield, which is why I was curious.

Oh and...
"Sutter is writing the script for “Executioner” and exec producing with Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. Series is being produced by Fox 21 and FX Prods.
A period drama, “The Bastard Executioner” tells the story of a warrior knight in King Edward II’s charge who is broken by the ravages of war and vows to lay down his sword. Though when violence finds him again, he is forced to pick up the bloodiest sword of all.
Production is set to take place in Wales in early 2015."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:58 am

Orange is the new black
Archer
Mad men
Sons of anarchy

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:04 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Vic Mackey rules

I saw Vic driving a truck yesterday on SOA. :D Kurt Sutter helped make some of the Shield, which is why I was curious.

Oh and...
"Sutter is writing the script for “Executioner” and exec producing with Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. Series is being produced by Fox 21 and FX Prods.
A period drama, “The Bastard Executioner” tells the story of a warrior knight in King Edward II’s charge who is broken by the ravages of war and vows to lay down his sword. Though when violence finds him again, he is forced to pick up the bloodiest sword of all.
Production is set to take place in Wales in early 2015."

He's also in American Horror Story

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:37 pm

We happened to flip over to The Passionate Eye last night and they were airing, "After the Wave: The Boxing Day Tsunami". It was a very good - in a heart wrenching kind of way. Tonight is, "Tsunami: Caught on Camera". I'm expecting it will be every bit as good.

I've never watched that program before. It seems to have some good topics and the story we watched last night was well done. May have to tune into a few of the upcoming episodes. They look interesting as well.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:01 pm

The Shield is one of my all time favourites. If you liked that you should also check out The Wire. Possibly one of the most perfect shows ever made. And of course, Breaking Bad.

Currently just finished season 6 of The League, which I believe I've reccomended before. Probably one of the funniest shows going right now, and at about 22 minutes an episode without ads a good way to fill spare moments here and there.

Also marathoned through Grimm over the last month or so. Not the greatest show ever, but fun. And Monroe is probably one of my favourite characters in a TV show lately.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1979 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 32  33  34  35  36  37  38 ... 132  Next