CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:35 am

dimoreien dimoreien:
The eggs are boiled and then there's a breadcrumb batter around them. They're called Scotch Eggs lol

Never thought of battering them,a guy could get charged for that(battery)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:36 am

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:42 am

There is 20,000 battered woman?

And all this time I've been eating mine raw. :oops:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:43 am

GROSS lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:48 am

dimoreien dimoreien:
GROSS lol

I'm holding back here. :oops: :lol: Ive allready been called a bitch tonight,dont want to push it. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:59 am

lily lily:
Head cheese is surprisingly good... with lots of relish on a thick slab of white bread.

So's tongue.

So's tongue.......are you talking about that as something you like to eat?

Oh.. oink, oink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:23 am

Dont eat meat that's been hanging for 50 years,it didnt work for Maggie Trudeau,and it wont work for you. :lol:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:16 am

I'm a vegetarian... who loves meat! So I eat game as a compromise a few times a year. I'm probably one of the least squeamish eaters I know. Tongue, Filipino balut, Korean kim chee, fermented tofu, dillis (tiny dried fish), eel, tripe, durian, used to eat and love all of that. The wierder, the better. But it's been a while since I had some of those now that I'm mostly veggie though, and I do miss them.

In Africa I've gone to town on impala, gazelle, wildebeast, zebra and warthog. All delicious. The one food in the world that I can think of that I don't like is crocodile. It's like fishy chicken, yuk. Oh, and quiche, which is the lamest most boring food in the world and I won't touch it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:36 am

Smoked eel is good... pickled herring, too.

One thing I don't eat that's 'local' is the roe or tomally of lobster. Eating the roe is just dumb waxy crap, and scooping tomally out of a lobster body is just not worth the effort. Some people seem to make a big deal out of eating every single bit of edible matter in the whole body, but I really don't see the point.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:42 am

lily lily:
It was cow's tongue, and yes - we used to eat it when we were younger. It was good, but the thought of eating it now turns my stomach.

oink oink?

I've had both pork and beef tongue and found that they can be really tasty as long as you don't know what it is you are eating. headcheese on the other hand, I find delicious. They even have it here and call it jellied ham.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:42 am

You know what I really used to love was the marrow in a big bone of beef. jelly-like and full of slippery tastiness, mmmm.

I also loved sucking the brains out of prawns. I don't know what the tomally in a lobster is - but I bet I'd eat it! (and I do believe in eating or using all of the animal. To me it dishonours the creature's death if it's not going to be well cooked, and all of it used and appreciated.)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:55 am

MissT MissT:
You know what I really used to love was the marrow in a big bone of beef. jelly-like and full of slippery tastiness, mmmm.

I also loved sucking the brains out of prawns.
$1:
I don't know what the tomally in a lobster is
- but I bet I'd eat it! (and I do believe in eating or using all of the animal. To me it dishonours the creature's death if it's not going to be well cooked, and all of it used and appreciated.)
I don't know what the tomally in a lobster is[quote]
It is a green paste that has such a good taste...most people can't eat it due to it's color and texture...but I love the stuff.
The CFS board says that it is unwise to eat the tomally of more then three lobsters per day over an extended period of time .....due to the fact that it is a part of the lobster that retains toxins.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:09 am

Isn't that the poo?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:16 am

no the poo is located in a lobster in the same place as a shrimp in a vein the runs the length of the tail.The tomally is found higher up in the body of the lobster it is the lobsters liver it turns green when cooked and is quite mushy......go here

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:40 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Cool,you get any good beef steak there?
And I mean beef,not dog.

How about prairie oysters?

Can't get good beef in the Philippines. They don't, for the most part, have meat processing places, so the meat isn't hung for a week like it should be. Beef, carabao (water buffalo), and goat meat is usually tough. Pork doesn't have to be hung, for some reason. Beef tongue is ok. As someone said, almost the same consistancy of spam. Have only had it boiled. With all the pork that is eaten here you never see pork hocks and cabbage and they never make gravy. I wonder why people are so slim here.
Lots of chickens, few are plump, though. The turkeys are pathetic. Thin as a rake. Can get butterball ones that are imported for about $50.