canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Good for Groening for holding firm on Apu. Always fun to see the scolds lose one every so often.

As for Le Petit Pomme de Terre....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:30 am

Well, let's hope Blackfacegate is run its course, and we can get back to things that actually matter . . .

Scheer is getting boring with announcing the same things that Harper did. He is doing this because it plays to his base, and because Harper didn't actually do them. Same as the national Prescription Drug plan that was touted by Chretien, Martin and now Trudeau (and Singh and May).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Should we call this one "BeaverfaceGate"? :lol:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... zabeth-may

Quote:
OTTAWA — In an era of “fake news” controversies, photoshopping a reuseable metal straw and a reuseable cup into the hand of Green Party Leader Elizabeth May would not be the greatest idea.

But that’s what the Green Party did and then prominently displayed it on the party website.

Such fakery in the middle of an election raises issues of how such misinformation is used, say experts in the “fake news” phenomenon.

“It would probably be good practice for official political parties to avoid photoshopping images,” said Britt Paris, a researcher for the Data & Society Research Institute who focuses on visual propaganda and disinformation. “But it’s almost a moot point when photoshopping can be performed by anyone and that manipulated image can then be shared or retweeted by an official political party, an operative… or even just a celebrity.”

The Green Party admitting using Photoshop to add a reuseable cup and metal straw in the photo.Spokeswoman Rosie Emery told the Post that May had been holding a reusable cup in the original photo, but that Photoshop was used to add in a different cup that displayed the Green Party logo. She was unable to provide the Post with a copy of the original photo.

A version of the original, unedited photo has been used by media outlets, including iPolitics. It is cropped in such a way that it doesn’t show the cup May was holding, but it does show there was no metal straw in the original photo. Emery said she doesn’t know why the straw was added, but she doesn’t think it was to make a statement about May’s environmental values.

So once again it's revealed that the crusaders don't actually do the things that they want everyone else to do? And that they'll lie and alter evidence of the things that they actually do? Umm, LOL? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:50 am

Good thing that most of what the flakes in the unelectable parties are promising is actually illegal under the current constitution. Who would have ever thought it would take written law to ward off an economic catastrophe caused by the virtue-signalling dreams of absolute morons? :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:39 am

Quote:
Good thing that most of what the flakes in the unelectable parties are promising is actually illegal under the current constitution.

WTF are you talking about?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:51 am

herbie wrote:
Quote:
Good thing that most of what the flakes in the unelectable parties are promising is actually illegal under the current constitution.

Resources are provincial responsibilities, as set out in the Constitution.

The Feds can only step in if there is a crossing of provincial borders, and then can only do so in certain circumstances.

What Singh is proposing is unconstitutional.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 am

Has anybody got their voter registration cards yet? And before anyone asks, I filled out Trudeau's long form census and signed the voter registration part allowing them to send me the card.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:54 am

Quote:
signed the voter registration part allowing them to send me the card.

The Gov. says it's in the mail. Just like that check from a decade ago that hasn't arrived yet. :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:00 am

Nope. I have not. I too find that unusual.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 am

I'm sure that if I don't get my card in time, someone from the Liberal Party will cast my vote, and those of my deceased parents, in our absence. :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:05 am

My departed parents did know I only vote Liberal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am

man, i wanted to vote this year, but it's probably not going to happen again. we'll see. work might not allow it anyway; "blackout" (no requests for days off) starts on the 14th

if scheer gets elected tho i'm going to be endlessly bored. guy looks like a friend i had in high school. tho that friend has a far more respectable job, digging ditches last i heard

Last edited by Public_Domain on Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am

DrCaleb wrote:
herbie wrote:
Quote:

Resources are provincial responsibilities, as set out in the Constitution.

The Feds can only step in if there is a crossing of provincial borders, and then can only do so in certain circumstances.

What Singh is proposing is unconstitutional.

Oh. Run for office, we could use a politician that could clue into that before proposing shit. We just tossed the #1 offender last election!
That's ONE issue from ONE party.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 am

Public_Domain wrote:
man, i wanted to vote this year, but it's probably not going to happen again. we'll see. work might not allow it anyway; "blackout" (no requests for days off) starts on the 14th

Your job must give you 3 hours consecutive off to go and vote, if your work schedule is during the voting time. No exceptions.

Quote:
Are all employers required to give time off work to vote?

Yes, the law applies to all employers. However, for employers in the transportation industry, the obligation to provide three consecutive hours off to vote does not apply if these four conditions are met:

the employer is a company that transports goods or passengers by land, air or water;
the employee is employed outside his or her polling division;
the employee is employed in the operation of a means of transportation; and
the time off cannot be allowed without interfering with the transportation service.

https://www.elections.ca/content2.aspx? ... imo&lang=e

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:26 am

herbie wrote:
Quote:

For your illumination, Mr. Computer-Fixing-Guy:

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/colum ... asic-rules

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22  23  24 ... 55  Next