Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 am

It's sad when May looks like the adult in the room.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 am

Damn immigrants! :evil:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:30 am

Any PM candidate needs to have the appearance of undivided loyalty to the country. Scheer’s US citizenship is a gratuitous error that should have been dealt with, at the latest, before he became party leader. The guy was filing US tax returns for crying out loud, so he knew he was a US person in their weird lingo but saw fit to keep this quiet and even had the gall to criticize Michaëlle Jean for holding French citizenship. By the looks of things, we may need legislation on this. All cabinet members and the GG should renounce foreign citizenship before taking office. Of course, there’s still the problem of the Queen but we’ll leave that for another day.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:43 am

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.5307902

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:03 am

Now that's stupid.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:25 am

DrCaleb wrote:

I don't understand the thought process on this.

I understand why people would want Sohi out, but I don't follow how giving him more, and sympathetic press is going to help further that cause.

Granted, I don't really see Ill Hood having much option to Sohi, Uppal is really a face change, nothing more.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 am

Quote:
CBC News interviewed the man who said he created and posted the sign. He would not give his full name, so CBC News declined to use the interview.

Thanks for nothing again, CBC.

Rebel needs to get on this one and find out how this guy really votes.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Got my registration card! :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:38 pm

llama66 wrote:
Thanos wrote:
It's a fun game, the ol' circle-jerk:

Conservatives then - Stephan Dion/Michael Ignatieff/Michaelle Jean have dual-citizenship and divided loyalties! Be Canadians only or GTFO!
Liberals then - what a horrible intolerant thing to say!

Liberals now - Andrew Scheer has dual-citizenship and therefore divided loyalties! Be Canadian only or GTFO!
Conservatives now - what a horrible intolerant thing to say!

There is literally no way that being ruled by evil aliens or angry robots could be any worse than this endless retard bingo. :lol:

Meanwhile, Elizabeth May...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_May

This standard doesn't apply to left-wing activists because their hearts are divinely pure and they only want the very best for all of us. What are you, some kind of meanie? Don't ever question them, you cad!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Opposition leaders should not be the story. It now emerges that Nobody-asked-me Scheer registered for the US draft.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5990192/andr ... draft/amp/

At this rate, he’ll turn out to be besties with Putin.

Here is the Australian take on foreign citizenship for its parliamentarians. Basically, it’s not allowed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section ... _Australia

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Sunnyways wrote:
Opposition leaders should not be the story. It now emerges that Nobody-asked-me Scheer registered for the US draft.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5990192/andr ... draft/amp/

At this rate, he’ll turn out to be besties with Putin.

Here is the Australian take on foreign citizenship for its parliamentarians. Basically, it’s not allowed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section ... _Australia

Here is an article from 2017....
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dual-citizenship-mps-senators-parliament-australia-1.4439522

Funny how
Quote:
Dual citizens welcome in Canada's parliament
has suddenly become an issue today.

And, not that I actually care, May was born in Connecticut, and I can find no record of her renouncing her American citizenship, nor will it change my opinion of her to find out that she has or hasn't.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Dual citizenship has been a smouldering issue for years in many situations, and as nativist sentiment gathers steam it won’t be going away any time soon. I would draw the line at party leaders, Cabinet ministers and the GG - if you’re that senior you should have no other citizenship. We know ordinary MPs don’t matter. May should renounce her US citizenship if she still has it. The Americans are good friends but they have many peculiar rules e.g. US persons and tax liability. It’s better to be above suspicion of foreign allegiances.

For the Tories, Scheer is going to lose time explaining himself. It’s an unforced error and it ties into a Liberal narrative that the Tories are American lapdogs.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:26 pm

All I know is that this election amounts to nothing more than a dumpster fire of epic proportions. I don't think I've ever seen an election with this much B.S. about it.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:42 pm

CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
All I know is that this election amounts to nothing more than a dumpster fire of epic proportions. I don't think I've ever seen an election with this much B.S. about it.

-J.

Kind of another example of how Canada always copies the United States, in foul things as well as in good ones. In 2016 the Americans had the most disgusting election in their entire history, between two people who represent the absolute worst of the American way of life and both of whom plausibly should have had criminal records for their malicious activities they committed during the course of their lives. In Canada 2019, we're doing the exact same thing, with the only difference being that our one is simply mediocre in every conceivable way, and could also produce a result (Liberal minority backed up by NDP & Greens) that finally has the potential to shatter the country beyond repair. At least the American election was horrifyingly entertaining every once in a while. Canada 2019 though? Talk about a one out of ten star performance by all participants in a flick too shitty to even be shown on cable TV.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 21  22  23  24  25  26  27 ... 55  Next