canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Dude, vote. Seriously. Get involved. Make the change, don't just ride along and hope for the best. This is your country too; exercise your right and vote.

I don't care what party you vote for, I care that you vote.

And that goes for anyone thinking about not voting... Fucking Vote.

Vote Liberal, Conservative, PPC, NDP, Green, Marxist-Leninist, Communist, Libertarian, Rhinoceros, whatever... Just. Fucking. Vote.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 pm

My voice has a lot more to say than "NDP" every five years.

Now that I'm in the $$$money$$$ (relatively) after finally doing my taxes for the first time in my life (lmao), I've been planning to finally "get involved" with some groups, no worries.

Has nothing to do with voting tho

Last edited by Public_Domain on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 pm

$1:
none of them will change anything in any significant way.

Maybe you're right, but imagine, you vote and you get the voice in Ottawa YOU want. How awesome would that be?

Not voting is a vote for the party you don't want.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:05 pm

llama66 llama66:
$1:

Maybe you're right, but imagine, you vote and you get the voice in Ottawa YOU want. How awesome would that be?

There's no ML candidate in my riding. He died two years ago.

So it's Libs, Cons, Dips, and Greens.

So no.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 pm

It has everything to do with voting. This determines the direction of the Country for the next 5 years; and will impact your life from taxes to government services.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
llama66 llama66:
$1:

There's no ML candidate in my riding. He died two years ago.

So it's Libs, Cons, Dips, and Greens.

So no.

Then run for office. Look at Dan (Blastnet) he tried 3 or 4 times and actually won a seat and got to act as a voice for his constituents in Scarborough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:16 pm

I could participate with orgs that do things like teach firearms training to disadvantaged groups, on-the-ground propagandizing, more literal use of my voice than a vote for "softer capitalism" could ever give.

Taxes and government services? I've never made enough to be taxed. I couldn't give a mighty fuck about GST or whatever. This kind of topic is so far removed from my material problems, lol. Cheers to the landlords and CEOs and such that vote any of the six parties, because it's their voice that is most felt in a vote for one of those parties.

Call me when the NDP demands blood. Until then I am utterly uninterested in wasting my fucking time. Time I'd rather be breaking my back at my shitty job.

I guarantee my job will still suck, no matter who I vote for. I'll vote for a party that does something about that. And no "more money in my pocket" is not it lol

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 pm

llama66 llama66:
Then run for office. Look at Dan (Blastnet) he tried 3 or 4 times and actually won a seat and got to act as a voice for his constituents in Scarborough.

little late for that this year lol

also expencive. i eat ramen and ravioli.

obviously entertained the idea, in my eternal narcassism, but for now there's better things i can be wasting my pennies on. been thinking about getting a button machine.

i'm also a dirtbag. not exactly politician material. even the ml's don't go on and on about turning wall street into a shooting gallery. dunno if i could hold back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:37 am

I also eat Ramen and Rav.

Not Insulting you, but, most Politicians are dirtbags. Your message of eating the rich may not resonate with all, but I'm sure some would support your cause.

Dude, stop looking for reason not to do something; and just do it. Seriously.

If you're passionate, do it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:05 am

llama66 llama66:
I also eat Ramen and Rav.

I make a mean Sukamen Ramen. Kombu from Hokkaido [drool]

llama66 llama66:
Not Insulting you, but, most Politicians are dirtbags. Your message of eating the rich may not resonate with all, but I'm sure some would support your cause.

Dude, stop looking for reason not to do something; and just do it. Seriously.

If you're passionate, do it.

Every election cycle we try to convince 'Grasshopper' to vote. I don't think it's worked yet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 am

I don't he realizes if V.I. Lenin had made as many excuses not to be active, there would have been no Glorious People's Paradise.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:30 am

llama66 llama66:
I don't he realizes if V.I. Lenin had made as many excuses not to be active, there would have been no Glorious People's Paradise.

Or because so many people didn't vote, Lenin saw the opportunity to form one. ;)

Just because they were in a Monarchy and couldn't vote is no reason not to vote. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:05 am

rickc rickc:
Well cheer up everyone. The anointed one himself has endorsed your Mr. dress up, blackface wearing, lil potato head, groper in chief!!!

Presuming that Scheer supports himself we already have American involvement in the election.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 am

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
rickc rickc:
Well cheer up everyone. The anointed one himself has endorsed your Mr. dress up, blackface wearing, lil potato head, groper in chief!!!

Presuming that Scheer supports himself we already have American involvement in the election.

Well, Scheer is an American so . . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:49 am

I'm going to vote. I know my ballot is irrelevant but what the fuck, there's nothing else to do. When I put my mark down I'm going to do it next to the worst candidate imaginable, and say out loud a "from hell's heart I stab at thee!" aimed at Canada in general while I do it.

$1:
We're just another country

- Johnny Rotten

:twisted:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 34  35  36  37  38  39  40 ... 55  Next