CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8809
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:18 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Douwe wrote:
Here's the thing with the Conservatives. As long as they continue to choose leaders who deny climate change, oppose a woman's right to choose and who could care less about gay rights they are pretty much doomed to continue in the opposition. Trudeau has set himself up for a fall with broken promises and a number of controversies over which he did not have much control, but Scheer is such a lightweight he cannot exploit any of that.


I can see that another election is looming on the horizon and someone's candidate isn't doing as well as hoped for. :wink:

So, in the spirit of fairplay allow me to say:

Game On

You claim Mr. Trudeau had no controversies that he could control during his time in office. Well allow me to point a few of these non controllable phenomenon.


People Kind,

Elbow gate

$215,000 vacation that we all paid for.

Dressing up like some Bollywood dancer

Groping someone years ago and then denying it/then forgetting about it.

Violating conflict laws by visiting the Aga Khan and being fined for it.

Canonizing Fidel Castro as a remarkable Leader

Atwal

Two Nanny's for his kids and of course my favourite

The Carbon Tax

I could go on but, if you don't think Mr Trudeau had any control over these controversies then there's no way in hell you'll listen to what anyone else has to say especially if they happen to point out the foibles of our current PM. So I'll leave you with this thought.

Saying that Mr. Scheer is a lightweight and because of that he won't be elected is ridiculous. Canadians voted in the Lightweight Champion of Canada as the PM so, despite your assertions that Mr. Scheer won't get in because of that fault, I'd say he has a very good, if not outstanding chance of becoming our next PM, :lol:



.

SO you just came up with a list of exactly WHY Scheer's such a lightweight. Other than the last one, throwing lettuce and ignoring the meat patty is the problem with the burger. Might as well claim Jagmeet's turbans are 'too colourful' as a reason not to vote NDP while you're at it.
The Tories GOT NO alternative plan to the tax, no carbon reduction plan whatsoever, the Party's environmental policy doesn't exist at all, just the usual "It's called a TAX and taxes are bad m'kay" squawking echoed by some of the Premiers.
Let alone, losing any shame whatsoever and already posting lies on social media simply because they know that works.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2427
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am
 


llama66 wrote:
CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
Scheer is the reason why a lot of card-carrying Conservatives left the party (myself included) and threw support behind Mad Max. Scheer went from a Conservative to a Trudeau clone in a very short period of time, and now all of a sudden claims to fight for the average Canadian?

No one should buy what he's selling. No one.


-J.

I like Max because he's more Libertarian, and he's not afraid to speak his mind whereas these other politicians pick and choose their words for fear of offending some interest group.


This is exactly why I threw my support behind him and joined the PPC. I have more respect for straight-shooters and people you know that actually give a damn, rather than play a giant charade.

-J.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8394
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:28 am
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
llama66 wrote:
CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
Scheer is the reason why a lot of card-carrying Conservatives left the party (myself included) and threw support behind Mad Max. Scheer went from a Conservative to a Trudeau clone in a very short period of time, and now all of a sudden claims to fight for the average Canadian?

No one should buy what he's selling. No one.


-J.

I like Max because he's more Libertarian, and he's not afraid to speak his mind whereas these other politicians pick and choose their words for fear of offending some interest group.


This is exactly why I threw my support behind him and joined the PPC. I have more respect for straight-shooters and people you know that actually give a damn, rather than play a giant charade.

-J.

I also joined the PPC [B-o]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27547
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 am
 


If I vote it'll probably be for Bernier. My vote won't make a difference in a riding where a Conservative from either party will win by at least 5000 votes but whatever. I see no need to give Scheer a pat on the head for being practically invisible during the economic catastrophe in Alberta. Him mugging in photos as a "tougher" conservative with Jason Kenney and Rob Ford lately is too little and too late to impress me very much.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14066
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
And shit's getting weirder. Bill C-69 aims to redefine science to include super-secret traditional Native knowledge that no non-Native can ever be privy to, by federal law if the Bill passes. I wonder if Groper's un-muzzled scientists will be allowed their own opinion on this one.


Where do you read that??

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42 ... rd-reading

I think someone has been feeding you bullshit again.
Yeah, the Native govt official on CBC radio talking about Indigenous science and Indigenous knowledge. I guess the CBC should do a better job of choosing their guest speakers.

I may have been rather glib in my last post. The "social licence/contract" crap with the Native people depends on assessments from the Natives based on Indigenous science and Indigenous knowledge, among other things. There are aspects of this "knowledge" that by Native law, can never be passed on to anyone other than another Native person, and only then only certain people can receive "the gift". This govt wants to make it an offence to divulge that knowledge as well. So, we're going to base assessments on large projects, in part at least, using "science and knowledge" that Whitey isn't allowed to be privy to. Thus altering the definition of science to include the "mystical". At least in Canada anyway.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13308
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:07 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Only thing I can write about Scheer - every time I see that fake condescending smirk on his puss, I want to wipe it off. It's an irrational reaction, but there it is.



Don't feel bad Doc, I have the same reaction when I hear the current PM speak. :D

But here's the thing Doc, now it's the Conservatives who'll have 4 years of Trudeau's screwups to focus their campaign on while there isn't really alot of things that Scheer has done or said that can be used as ammo in the upcoming campaign.

Which is likely why Trudeau said "If we run a positive campaign that doesn't feature attack ads and .... we treat one another with respect, and Canadians want to see more of that." while conveniently forgetting the 2015 campaign against Harper. :lol:

Maybe they'll trot out the Conservatives "he's just not ready" campaign again hoping it takes this time. :wink:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8394
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm
 


Neither Trudeau or Trudeau-lite are ready. Both parties need to wack their leaders and try again.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27547
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm
 


llama66 wrote:
Neither Trudeau or Trudeau-lite are ready. Both parties need to wack their leaders and try again.


Preferably not the whack-a-mole carnival game but a Tony Soprano-style whacking for both of them. It's good for the bosses to get scared every once in a while. Keeps them grounded in reality. :twisted:

Biggest Conservative regret these days is that Michelle Rempel can't speak French and therefore couldn't become leader. A genuine tragedy because she has more balls on her than the entire male contingent of the party put together.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13308
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:39 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
Douwe wrote:
Here's the thing with the Conservatives. As long as they continue to choose leaders who deny climate change, oppose a woman's right to choose and who could care less about gay rights they are pretty much doomed to continue in the opposition. Trudeau has set himself up for a fall with broken promises and a number of controversies over which he did not have much control, but Scheer is such a lightweight he cannot exploit any of that.


I can see that another election is looming on the horizon and someone's candidate isn't doing as well as hoped for. :wink:

So, in the spirit of fairplay allow me to say:

Game On

You claim Mr. Trudeau had no controversies that he could control during his time in office. Well allow me to point a few of these non controllable phenomenon.


People Kind,

Elbow gate

$215,000 vacation that we all paid for.

Dressing up like some Bollywood dancer

Groping someone years ago and then denying it/then forgetting about it.

Violating conflict laws by visiting the Aga Khan and being fined for it.

Canonizing Fidel Castro as a remarkable Leader

Atwal

Two Nanny's for his kids and of course my favourite

The Carbon Tax

I could go on but, if you don't think Mr Trudeau had any control over these controversies then there's no way in hell you'll listen to what anyone else has to say especially if they happen to point out the foibles of our current PM. So I'll leave you with this thought.

Saying that Mr. Scheer is a lightweight and because of that he won't be elected is ridiculous. Canadians voted in the Lightweight Champion of Canada as the PM so, despite your assertions that Mr. Scheer won't get in because of that fault, I'd say he has a very good, if not outstanding chance of becoming our next PM, :lol:



.

SO you just came up with a list of exactly WHY Scheer's such a lightweight. Other than the last one, throwing lettuce and ignoring the meat patty is the problem with the burger. Might as well claim Jagmeet's turbans are 'too colourful' as a reason not to vote NDP while you're at it.
The Tories GOT NO alternative plan to the tax, no carbon reduction plan whatsoever, the Party's environmental policy doesn't exist at all, just the usual "It's called a TAX and taxes are bad m'kay" squawking echoed by some of the Premiers.
Let alone, losing any shame whatsoever and already posting lies on social media simply because they know that works.


Once again you can't see the forest for the trees. But hey, if you think the right isn't going to vote for Singh because of the colour of his turban then I guess the opposite is also true and the left voted for Trudeau because of his hair. Although you may be onto something there.

But let me refresh your memory. The claim made was that Trudeau wasn't responsible for his controversies and if you honestly believe that none of the posted list were his fault I'd say you're even more partisan than previously thought.

As for your claim the Conservatives have no plan for carbon reduction or a carbon tax allow me to point out that they don't have to have one "yet or ever" because, they aren't the party that signed on to the UN's 2030 and we're doomed farewell tour. So, if they get elected it won't be because they want to tax the country into poverty just to satisfy some non Canadian entity like the UN. It'll be because of what most Canadians want. But, I'm sure they'll have a "carbon reduction plan" in place either before or right after the election that, while not as aggressive and potentially damaging to Canadians as Trudeau's will, at least mitigate some of the massive 2% of the worlds carbon we emit yearly.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8809
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:58 pm
 


Quote:
As for your claim the Conservatives have no plan for carbon reduction or a carbon tax allow me to point out that they don't have to have one "yet or ever" because, they aren't the party that signed on to the UN's 2030 and we're doomed farewell tour. So, if they get elected it won't be because they want to tax the country into poverty just to satisfy some non Canadian entity like the UN. It'll be because of what most Canadians want. But, I'm sure they'll have a "carbon reduction plan" in place either before or right after the election that, while not as aggressive and potentially damaging to Canadians as Trudeau's will, at least mitigate some of the massive 2% of the worlds carbon we emit yearly.


And that's why they'll lose.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13308
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Quote:
As for your claim the Conservatives have no plan for carbon reduction or a carbon tax allow me to point out that they don't have to have one "yet or ever" because, they aren't the party that signed on to the UN's 2030 and we're doomed farewell tour. So, if they get elected it won't be because they want to tax the country into poverty just to satisfy some non Canadian entity like the UN. It'll be because of what most Canadians want. But, I'm sure they'll have a "carbon reduction plan" in place either before or right after the election that, while not as aggressive and potentially damaging to Canadians as Trudeau's will, at least mitigate some of the massive 2% of the worlds carbon we emit yearly.


And that's why they'll lose.


Okay Sylvia Brown, I guess we'll have to wait and see if your prediction is anywhere near accurate. [B-o]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10780
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:50 pm
 


herbie wrote:


SO you just came up with a list of exactly WHY Scheer's such a lightweight. Other than the last one, throwing lettuce and ignoring the meat patty is the problem with the burger. Might as well claim Jagmeet's turbans are 'too colourful' as a reason not to vote NDP while you're at it.
The Tories GOT NO alternative plan to the tax, no carbon reduction plan whatsoever, the Party's environmental policy doesn't exist at all, just the usual "It's called a TAX and taxes are bad m'kay" squawking echoed by some of the Premiers.
Let alone, losing any shame whatsoever and already posting lies on social media simply because they know that works.


You in Seattle again?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33832
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 pm
 


PluggyRug wrote:
herbie wrote:


SO you just came up with a list of exactly WHY Scheer's such a lightweight. Other than the last one, throwing lettuce and ignoring the meat patty is the problem with the burger. Might as well claim Jagmeet's turbans are 'too colourful' as a reason not to vote NDP while you're at it.
The Tories GOT NO alternative plan to the tax, no carbon reduction plan whatsoever, the Party's environmental policy doesn't exist at all, just the usual "It's called a TAX and taxes are bad m'kay" squawking echoed by some of the Premiers.
Let alone, losing any shame whatsoever and already posting lies on social media simply because they know that works.


You in Seattle again?


He thinks he is.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8394
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm
 


I love the west coast. I fucking hate the culture.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10780
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:44 pm
 


:idea:


Attachments:
Buttsoboy.jpg
Buttsoboy.jpg [ 55.69 KiB | Viewed 104 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.