bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:22 am

raydan raydan:

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

You're speaking from experience right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 am

I was Yoda's assistant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm

raydan raydan:
I was Yoda's assistant.

More like the illegal alien housekeeper.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Tag team? :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Bodah Bodah:
If our politicians in Ottawa don't give a shit, or are to cowardly to step in and stand up for charter rights. You can't be really suprise if no one else gives a shit. Just move out, and take your money with you. Next year I'm taking my bilingual ass outta here.

Considering they've been toying with the idea of revoking QPP if you leave the province. It might be wise to get the fuck out while you can.

I dont know about revoke, I think if you leave your QPP gets transfered
over to CPP.

Last edited by martin14 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:44 pm

jambo101 jambo101:
My wife is the last of 7 generations from West Shefford which is in the Eastern townships now called Bromont in L'Estrie, All my friends and family have left,my 2 kids who are about to finish university have no desire to stay in Quebec and i'm outta here as soon as the wife retires.
We played by the rules,we all became very bilingual yet we still arent accepted in Quebec we are les Maudit Anglais, Les Autres, viewed by many as 2nd class citizens or foreigners, you bet i'm pissed off as the Canadian government just stood idly by and watched the Quebec government suspend civil rights and freedoms to an entire demographic resulting in the almost total demise of a once thriving Anglophone co=culture in Quebec.
Bit late for the federal government to do anything now as the separatists have won as Anglos we are a diminishing culture that now represents only 8% of the Quebec population we have no representation and no future in Quebec,just as Quebec no longer has any relevance within the Canadian collective.
Quebec..its time to leave the collective as in the bigger picture you are no longer wanted.

I saw that writing on the wall a long time ago.

How much time left on the clock ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

martin14 martin14:
Bodah Bodah:
If our politicians in Ottawa don't give a shit, or are to cowardly to step in and stand up for charter rights. You can't be really suprise if no one else gives a shit. Just move out, and take your money with you. Next year I'm taking my bilingual ass outta here.

Considering they've been toying with the idea of revoking QPP if you leave the province. It might be wise to get the fuck out while you can.

I dont know about revoke, I think if you leave your QPP gets transfered
over to CPP.

Fortunately i dont have to rely on Quebecs meager monthly pittance of a pension.

5 yrs till the wife retires then our shortlist of where to move will be
Ottawa
Kingston
Kitchener
Halifax
Sold the house a couple of years ago and we now rent,most of our major investments are already out of province,All thats left is the wife to retire and we get in the car and become ex Quebecers. [B-o]

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 pm

jambo101 jambo101:
[5 yrs till the wife retires then our shortlist of where to move will be
Ottawa
Kingston
Kitchener
Halifax
Sold the house a couple of years ago and we now rent,most of our major investments are already out of province,All thats left is the wife to retire and we get in the car and become ex Quebecers. [B-o]

Your short list means you are moving from one have not province to another. No aspirations to look farther afield?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 am

Caelon Caelon:
jambo101 jambo101:
[5 yrs till the wife retires then our shortlist of where to move will be
Ottawa
Kingston
Kitchener
Halifax

Your short list means you are moving from one have not province to another. No aspirations to look farther afield?

As we are retired and money will not be a problem we wont need much more than a route out of Quebec, however i'm open to suggestions what do you have in mind?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:41 am

If you want to get away from language issues, you'd better scratch Ottawa off your list. We just had the Office of Official Languages go around and test private businesses in Ottawa, dinging them if they didn't say "hello, Bonjour" why they we're never reprimanded for stepping out of their mandate, (Government Operations) still remains a mystery, well maybe not. There's also some language issues in the surrounding townships eg. Russel where their charter rights of freedom of expression was revoked. They passed a law where all business signs have to be in English and French or be fined, this case currently being taken to the supreme court. Free rights activists in this case have faced lower court circuit judges and one after the other said yes it is a violation of our charter. (which should of ended it there) but they said it's for the greater good.

There's an underlying movement from a vocal powerfull minority that Ottawans should be bilingual because it's the nations capital. 95% of Ottawa is English, but fuck that apparently. I'm moving to Ottawa next year, but it's just a stepping stone for me. I have to stay nearby for my mother. But once that's taken care of, I have another 20 years or so before I can retire and I plane to head anywhere west of Ontario.

So ya stay away from Ottawa. From your list and your just there to retire and live the rest of your lives in peace, no brainer break out the Alexander Keiths and move to Halifax, beautiful city.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:23 am

Check out the North Bay/Sturgeon Falls area, where English and French (and First Nations) actually get along. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:50 am

Bodah Bodah:
no brainer break out the Alexander Keiths and move to Halifax, beautiful city.

Halifax is my choice,but the wife has a bunch of friends in Ottawa. Ottawa maybe our destination but if i do move there i'll never speak a word of French ever again.
As for North Bay? very nice town but at this point when i leave Quebec if i never hear French again it will be too soon.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am

Well the Liberals didn't have much luck with their last two leaders, both originally from Ontario. Plus Justin Trudeau has lived out west.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 am

jambo101 jambo101:
As for North Bay? very nice town but at this point when i leave Quebec if i never hear French again it will be too soon.

Understood. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:57 am

jambo101 jambo101:
Halifax is my choice,but the wife has a bunch of friends in Ottawa. Ottawa maybe our destination but if i do move there i'll never speak a word of French ever again.

Watch out, there ARE French speaking people in and around Halifax... I know, I lived there 13 years. As you you leaving Québec... bon débarras. [B-o]