Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:06 pm

So I drop in on the Ignatieff campaign headquarters barbeque. I go as an activist explaining I’m there to circulate a pamphlet. My pamphlet is a poem that alludes to low wages and has my group’s website address. I’m received with polite interest. I stay for an hour and have conversations with a dozen or so campaigners. However, in an hour of conversation I don’t hear the word “Dion” once. He’s that exciting, that interesting.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:33 pm

The Ignatieff people have my e-mail and I occationally get their request for donations missive. On the last one Ignatieff has a little speach part of which is the line the Harper does not even listen to his own ministers. I have some letters from Conservative Ministers and this is hinted at in the letters, diplomatically. As well the press is reporting the PMO almost never responds to journalist's request for information. I button hole people about their political opinions all the time and it is know the guy runs a tight ship. The original Reform Party was for more MP input and now we have a graduate that has oped for even less. However there was a point to the original complaint and now it's lost on Harper. The guy is just not that mature or bright. In 2 1/2 years we have barely got to know him but going forward it'll emerge that he's pretty limited.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:58 pm

Most of the leaders dont have any emphisis on Dion because they know he's a lame duck and they need to make as much distance between hom and them if they want any success in the next leadership campaign.

.. And how's that leadership debt comming along? :D

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:10 pm

I posted this story on another forum and got the reply that the Liberals can't even find candidates for some ridings. Awwk!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:47 pm

A few weeks ago, the bloggers were saying that about half of the Quebec ridings didn't have a Liberal Candidate. Somehow, they made it sound like a bad thing... :D