Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:18 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Actually I didn't bitch, like you do every day. I asked him if he ever get's sick of talking politics. I'm sorry you can't understand that. I also didn't bitch about the picture, I made a snide remark. Why don't you go back to blaming the cons for everything and praising the Liberal party for everything like you usually do.

Grow up will you. You bitch about loads of people doing things you readily accept in others as your comment about Harper satire revealed especially when you ignore the tons of examples the other way.

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:20 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Actually I didn't bitch, like you do every day. I asked him if he ever get's sick of talking politics. I'm sorry you can't understand that. I also didn't bitch about the picture, I made a snide remark. Why don't you go back to blaming the cons for everything and praising the Liberal party for everything like you usually do.

Grow up will you. You bitch about loads of people doing things you readily accept in others as your comment about Harper satire revealed especially when you ignore the tons of examples the other way.

:roll:

Quit whining. You are a partisan hack and yet you bitch about everyone else. Why don't you quit being a hypocrite.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 am

Here's a pretty column on Conservative tactics:
$1:
Economists hate this kind of politics. The fiscal position of the government is weakened incrementally by all sorts of little holes. The neutrality of the tax system is eroded. Benefits, once given, are hard to revoke, even if circumstances change.

The little cuts do nothing for overall national productivity and competitiveness. By weakening the government's overall position, these sorts of cuts make it harder to implement the really large changes that might spur productivity and competitiveness. Worse, they usually wind up subsidizing people for doing what they were already doing, or intended to do without the subsidy, as in taking public transit, buying a house, having lunch.

$1:
The Rovian approach, now being used by the Bush campaign strategists running Senator John McCain's presidential campaign, is to attack your adversaries relentlessly with whatever distortions are necessary in the greater cause of victory.

For months, Mr. McCain has been claiming that his opponent Barack Obama will "raise your taxes." Every independent analysis of the Obama platform agrees that about 95 per cent of Americans will pay lower taxes under the Obama plan. No matter: The McCain campaign keeps up the distortion and never retreats from it.

The Conservatives are using the same attack strategy against the Liberals' "Green Shift." The Liberal proposal will raise taxes on carbon-producing products (but not gasoline) and lower taxes on incomes and companies. Mr. Harper says, however, that there will only be a "carbon tax," a distortion of the Liberal position. Nobody, Mr. Harper insists, should believe any politician who says the new revenues from a tax on carbon would be used to reduce other taxes. Never happens or has happened, he says, even though B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell is doing a similar tax shift. Is Mr. Campbell a liar, too?

That Stéphane Dion can't be believed is a message reinforced by attacks ads. Karl Rove would approve.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080917.wcosimp18/BNStory/politics

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:22 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Quit whining. You are a partisan hack and yet you bitch about everyone else. Why don't you quit being a hypocrite.

You still here bitching? :lol: Don't you ever get sick of being a partisan hack all the time searching for ways to blame the Libs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
RUEZ RUEZ:

You still here bitching? :lol: Don't you ever get sick of being a partisan hack all the time searching for ways to blame the Libs.

LOL right on time. Thanks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
DerbyX DerbyX:
RUEZ RUEZ:

LOL right on time. Thanks.

How much time you got today? :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 am

Harper still his head in the sand on this, saying that there are no plans for bail-outs of Canadian banks or financial institutions. Wouldn't a responsible government have some contingency plans given what's going on around the world?

Yeah, a responsible government would. Harper doesn't. What's that tell ya?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:10 am

Reverend Blair Reverend Blair:
Harper still his head in the sand on this, saying that there are no plans for bail-outs of Canadian banks or financial institutions. Wouldn't a responsible government have some contingency plans given what's going on around the world?

Yeah, a responsible government would. Harper doesn't. What's that tell ya?

Tells me there are contigency plans which the government plans not use at this time. Difference is, my spins are positive and do not follow the Jumbo jet syndrome.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 am

Harper says he has no plans. Are you saying that he's lying to us?