canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 am

Harper's right wing conservatism is no secret. His close relationship with george wya was evident with his saying yes mr. president right after he was sworn in.. and yes they have an agenda that includes screwing the middle class, raising taxes (if they god forbid be re-elected or get a majority).. mulroney drove the economy into the toilet and these assholes have only been in power 2yrs and have used up 3/4 of a very large surplus helping the rich and big business...
I have already ordered my liberal sign for my lawn... hope it arrives soon...
oh ya I heard they are making bring the troups home alive signs ... will have to get one of those

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Harper's right wing conservatism is no secret. His close relationship with george wya was evident with his saying yes mr. president right after he was sworn in.. and yes they have an agenda that includes screwing the middle class, raising taxes (if they god forbid be re-elected or get a majority).. mulroney drove the economy into the toilet and these assholes have only been in power 2yrs and have used up 3/4 of a very large surplus helping the rich and big business...
oh ya I heard they are making bring the troups home alive signs ... will have to get one of those

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 pm

hockeysk8 hockeysk8:
and it looks scarily like the politics of george bush and co.

the most frightening thing is that he's smart which makes him far more dangerous than gwb

Baylee you need a Fucking Life! :roll:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:13 pm

kenmore kenmore:

BDS is strong in this one.. :lol:

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:17 am

This is getting old.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:24 am

The agenda isn't hidden at all.

The copyright thing was mentioned here.

The never-ending war meme is big among Conservatives, including on this board.

The gagging of government scientists is very real and has been in the news, both with environmental scientists and the recent food inspection scandal.

The politically motivated cuts to arts spending are right out there in the open.

The influence of the anti-abortion, anti women's rights lobby is no secret.

The influence of the religious right is obvious to anybody paying attention.

The attempt to stack the judiciary is transparent, if under-reported in the media.

The rhetoric has been softened and the rednecks muzzled, but the same old radical right agenda as ever is what Harper is trying to implement. It's not hidden, it's right out there in the open.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:57 am

kenmore kenmore:

I've made the call for two of the really big "Mike Wallace" signs for my lawn!

I love elections! This one will be way more fun than the boring olympics or sodding sports. It won't beat out Coronation Street though!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:08 am

I think this is what he was talking about.

Canada.com: Environment Canada 'muzzles' scientists' dealings with media

Blog: Harper Government Muzzling Environment Canada Scientists

Liberal Chatter. :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:38 am

It's not "Liberal Chatter." It is the political manipulation of science for partisan gain. It is also an attempt to manipulate the non-partisan civil service.

There are more stories and the Conservatives have shown a willingness to go after people even in their private lives. Remember that Environment Canada scientist who wrote an S/F novel and Rona Ambrose tried to keep him from his own book launch? What the hell was that all about? it was an attempt to silence his views.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:27 am

If there's a non-partisan civil service, Chretien and Paul Martin failed. Even the BC Olympics committee had a Chretien on it.
Non-partisan.. like the CBC?

If anyone had a secret agenda, I'd say it's the party that's already been convicted of stealing taxpayers money and promising to "save us" with more taxes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:37 am

hockeysk8 hockeysk8:
and it looks scarily like the politics of george bush and co.

the most frightening thing is that he's smart which makes him far more dangerous than gwb

:roll: Conspiracy theories - the last bastion of the desperate.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:23 am

$1:
If there's a non-partisan civil service, Chretien and Paul Martin failed. Even the BC Olympics committee had a Chretien on it.
Non-partisan.. like the CBC?

If anyone had a secret agenda, I'd say it's the party that's already been convicted of stealing taxpayers money and promising to "save us" with more taxes.

Ah, more chatter from the radical right. Everybody is picking on you and there's a vast conspiracy to steal your money. Jesus, where does that level of paranoia come from? Is meth amphetamine really popular on the radical right or what?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:24 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
:roll: Conspiracy theories - the last bastion of the desperate.

Not to boost foilers or anything, but Harper (+ Bush and Fox) has had meetings with business leaders about trade policies, and no transcripts have been published.

There can be no denying that there is a hidden agenda. But it's not just Harper. Martin had the same meetings before him, and no transcripts have been published.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:36 am

Here's a nice little article about part of Harper's agenda:
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/ ... 6502d1f2c5
$1:
One three separate occasions in the past 12 months, the Harper government has been found in violation its own laws by the federal court.
The Conservative government has tried to do indirectly what it cannot do directly: weaken, undermine and ultimately destroy the CWB's right to sell wheat and barley on export markets on behalf of Western Canadian farmers.
It summarily fired the CEO of the CWB Adrian Measner for doing his job, something it planned to do four months prior to his termination -- and stick farmers with Measner's severance.
It has tried to impose gag orders on the CWB directors and officials. It has sacked government-appointed directors and replaced them with open-market supporters. It has arbitrarily struck 16,000 names from CWB voters lists -- in the middle of the 2006 director elections.
It is now endeavouring to tilt the balance in it's favour in the current CWB direct election, which run from early September to the end of November.
By removing third-party spending limits, the Harperites have opened the door to corporations, special interest groups, perhaps even the Conservative Party itself, to promote candidates that favour the open market over the single desk.

Now I know that Harper supporters are going to try to claim that the Regina Leader Post is somehow a left-leaning publication. It isn't though. If anything, it leans to the right.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
There can be no denying that there is a hidden agenda. But it's not just Harper. Martin had the same meetings before him, and no transcripts have been published.

Harper, Martin, Dion, they're all just the cats being voted on by us mice.