Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:46 pm

Sorry Ruserious, I think you've got the 2004 figures there. The 2005 figures according to this have Canada as 9th and the UK lower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:47 pm

Wullu Wullu:
Well EyeBrock

$1:
Jackass eh? Tut tut. Not a very English expression old bean

That it is just Ruserious's way of refusing to admit to defeat. When he starts swearing and calling folks all sorts of not very inventive names he knows he is loosing an arguement. He tried in vane to cuss me out a week or so ago, but after being a miner for 5 years and a sailor for 15 his vocabulary just was not up to the task :wink: nothing new there at all
I tried to outcuss you? :lol:

Sorry wullu, you're giving yourself way too much credit.
You don't even rate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:49 pm

Okay, while it's an interesting read, both sides can effectively argue the point that Harper doesn't give a shit. Which is true.

But I think we can all agree that we all tell the city of Toronto to kiss our ass once in awhile.....Hell, it's almost a passtime here in Ottawa....... :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:52 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
Okay, while it's an interesting read, both sides can effectively argue the point that Harper doesn't give a shit. Which is true.
In a liberal mind I guess.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:56 pm

Ruserious Ruserious:
Wullu Wullu:
Well EyeBrock

$1:

That it is just Ruserious's way of refusing to admit to defeat. When he starts swearing and calling folks all sorts of not very inventive names he knows he is loosing an arguement. He tried in vane to cuss me out a week or so ago, but after being a miner for 5 years and a sailor for 15 his vocabulary just was not up to the task :wink: nothing new there at all

You don't even rate.

So soon they forget, and at least I had the common courtesy to spell yer name correctly 8)

And you did not try to out cuss me. I was winning and argument ( forget which now...) so you started off yer rant with a string of colourful language. I did not feel the need to answer back since I knew I had won the arguement when you started swearing, a sure sign of someone with nothing new or constructive to say.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:59 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
In a liberal mind I guess.

Well, last I checked, Canadian Government goes like this.......

Federal-->Provincial-->Municipal.....

So, by this denomination, Harper should give a shit about Toronto, as much as it pains me to say that. Toronto also brings in millions of dollars from families living there and tourism. All that =money$ for our pocket$.

Also, I must say that the information presented in the article is twisted to appeal to a certain mindset. Conservatives and Liberals can argue over the article. The media had been twisting stories for as long as events have been recorded.

Quote: "History is written by those who are victorious."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:00 pm

dimoreien dimoreien:
Sorry Ruserious, I think you've got the 2004 figures there. The 2005 figures according to this have Canada as 9th and the UK lower.

Yup, wikipedia, the UN and the European Union all say , "Ruserious, you are WRONG!" Oh yea, and Dimoreien!

I agree Wullu, it's a pity some people can't just admit they are wrong, or WRONG even. And believe it or not, stuff is cheaper in Labrador than in the UK.

Stuff is cheaper in Canada.

The standard of living is better in Canada than the UK.

Canada. The UN and the EU say so.

Right now in Canada you can buy a litre of gas for half the price it is in the UK.

We are not making this up.

Last edited by EyeBrock on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:02 pm

To be fair, it DID say those were the 2005 estimates, but surely it wouldn't be far off the mark, Canada is 9th and the UK is 18th. That's quite a jump.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:03 pm

dimoreien dimoreien:

You're right dimoreien. Those were the numbers from 2004 which I was quoting.
Canada obviously enjoyed a banner year in 2005, under a Liberal government I might add ;)

But to reflect on the swap in positions over one year, it shows that the UK is not the great drop in quality of life that EyeBrock would have us believe.
Otherwise, one could argue that in 2004, the UK was that much better than us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Yawn.......

Ruserious, not content with being wrong, continued to harp incessantly to nobody in particular.

"I am not wrong!" He cried. "And anybody who thinks I'm wrong is just a big stoopid old jackass, so there!"

Then he cried a bit more and posted some other load of old bollocks, and when he showed his arse again he resorted to calling his detractors names. "You are all stoopid jackasses!" He cried.........

Yawn.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Ruserious Ruserious:
dimoreien dimoreien:

You're right dimoreien. Those were the numbers from 2004 which I was quoting.
Canada obviously enjoyed a banner year in 2005, under a Liberal government I might add ;)

But to reflect on the swap in positions over one year, it shows that the UK is not the great drop in quality of life that EyeBrock would have us believe.
Otherwise, one could argue that in 2004, the UK was that much better than us.

It can't be denied that the Liberals have done some great things for Canada in the last year. One of the defining moments that I believe made Canada's worth go up was the fact that the Federal govt finally let Newfoundland have more control over its industries, and also expanded upon the First Nations--ie giving the Inuits of Labrador their land back etc. In Essence the Liberals were STARTING to give back to Canada as it should have done years ago.

There's really nothing wrong with Liberal idealolgy...it's the bloody leaders they vote for. lol

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:13 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Yawn.......

Ruserious, not content with being wrong, continued to harp incessantly to nobody in particular.

"I am not wrong!" He cried. "And anybody who thinks I'm wrong is just a big stoopid old jackass, so there!"

Then he cried a bit more and posted some other load of old bollocks, and when he showed his arse again he resorted to calling his detractors names. "You are all stoopid jackasses!" He cried.........

Yawn.
You mean kind of like you're doing here EyeBrock?

:roll: :roll:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Wullu Wullu:
Ruserious Ruserious:
Wullu Wullu:
Well EyeBrock

$1:

You don't even rate.

So soon they forget, and at least I had the common courtesy to spell yer name correctly 8)

And you did not try to out cuss me. I was winning and argument ( forget which now...) so you started off yer rant with a string of colourful language. I did not feel the need to answer back since I knew I had won the arguement when you started swearing, a sure sign of someone with nothing new or constructive to say.
ROTFL ROTFL

You think that swearing is a sign that one is losing or winning an arguement?

Excuse me but...

Thanks for proving you're nothing but a fucking tool.

I was right the first time, you don't even rate. :lol: :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:17 pm

Old chap, the difference is you have been proven wrong and I have been proven right, crying apart that is the difference.

Care to discuss something else you don't know anything about?
I can give you a list of topics I'm particularly knowledgeable on so you can be proven wrong even quicker next time if you'd like?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:19 pm

Ok Seriously, do you guys do this all the time because you don't like each other, or because you get a kick out of it, or both? (Eyebrock and Ruserious)

Sarcasm is totally wasted on the internet. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 15  Next