Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:00 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Libralesso Libralesso:
I do not praise Dion's plan, I have said somewhere around here on this forum before it is far from perfect. But at least it is a step in the right direction. I realize rural areas have different needs, but the Green Shift gives all sorts of tax breaks to rural residents. Including huge breaks on greening their homes with Geothermal heating, something hardly possible for most city dwellers. So this plan does take into account the needs of rural areas to an extent as well.

I can't see how paying more for gas and anything transported using gas/diesel can help these communities. Most of these places have to have everything shipped or flown in making basics like milk very expensive.
It's a glaring gap in the plan which has been pointed out by many living in the North.
This whole plan will lose Dion votes which is fine by me.

perhaps if trains were to bring it in it wouldn't cost more money. By that for Labrador I mean trains bring it to the closest airport or sea way and then that brings it the rest of the way.

To mad of course the tax is permanent, there should not be a raise in tax the carbon tax is causing people to pay more money for the carbon they emit, its about punishing the polluters.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:03 pm

Lib, your heart is in the right place but you are commenting on things that you don't seem to know too much about.
I'd look into problems that places like Northern Ont/Quebec etc encounter as well as Labrador and some of the isolated settlements in NFLD.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 pm

True but I plan on making choices that will one day elliminate our problems for good. Carbon neutrality is not my aim, Im talking about a greener earth. However the bill IS a step in the right direction, I just think we could take better steps.

But hey, People seem to be blasting the idea quite a bit. There-fore Dion lost support over it. He should come up with good arguments to defend it, I have not seen very many of those.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Which 'Bill' are you talking about mad?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:12 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Lib, your heart is in the right place but you are commenting on things that you don't seem to know too much about.
I'd look into problems that places like Northern Ont/Quebec etc encounter as well as Labrador and some of the isolated settlements in NFLD.

You also seem to have a problem understanding cities, not only did you ignore what mad said about us paying more taxes but we really get less in return. Big cities do not get enough money to sustain their infrastructure because money also has to be spread all around the rural areas also. So rural areas are not he only areas with problems. Everyone wants something for nothing in this country, they want less taxes and something to be done about all the issues. You have to pay to get things done, its a plain fact. You can't have lower taxes and more environmental and social policy. And we can't continue going at this pace forever, eventually our destruction of the environment will catch up to us and then we shall see how many problems everyone has. So the choices are either you pay money now, or pay much harsher later. And yes mad this is not the perfect plan, but we need to start doing something. This could lead to other environmental policies, once politicians realize that the citizens are willing to do something about the environment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Correction, The idea of. Which one would think would be written up if given the chance to.

Theres a tip for Dion, maybe we should have this carbon tax written up so we could look at it and judge it. Not something like a web guide, like an actual document that if passed would be legal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:13 pm

I live in a city lib. I'm well aware of the problems.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Yea but kenmore lives in Quebec. His world stops at the Ontario border.

Hello.. I am currently living and working in Ontario. I will vote in my home riding in Quebec. I did study political science and Canadian History. I base my opinion on the cons from that. There is a vast difference between Federal and Provincial Politics. M.Charest's liberals in Quebec dont even come close to the Feds. Same with the torys. The Torys being in Power for 40yrs in Ontario was not so much their popularity but opposition to the federal government. John Rorbarts was a very popular tory Premier of Ontario for 10yrs and his success was do to his belief in human rights and freedoms and his view against the separatists in Quebec. He also was against the centralists ideas of the Federal Government. Opposition to the federal government sometimes helps provicial governments stay in power. Robarts was a federalist who believed in both official languages and fostered french education in Ontario.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:19 pm

And my world encompases not only the world but my country from Coast to Coast. not just Quebec.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:20 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I live in a city lib. I'm well aware of the problems.

So what was with all the damn isolated community talk? You can't speak for them. You don't know what they want or if they feel like crap paying the bill.

How dare you accuse people of not understanding (Saying Lib's heart was in the right place but ext ext.)

Side note: Before you quote Mr.Churchill why don't you look at his political record after the second world war. Yeah, not so bright and chipper.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:22 pm

I lived in Labrador for 3 years. I now live in the GTA. You fighting libs battles?
You should be fun to play with on this forum. Bring it on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:25 pm

He may be but I had nothing really to say back, all you addressed in my last post was that you live in a city.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Bring what on? Its all in writing already. You seemed to have skipped over it I think.

As for fighting his battles? This is a forum of ideas, and if you didn't notice I actually debated the carbon tax. He just happened to have a good answer. Wheres yours?

Also, living in labrador for 3 years doesn't give you complete knowledge on the subject. Clearly you see the pros and cons of both styles of living. And yet you seem to take up the small town banner. What are your thoughts for people in cities? Are you saying that whats bad for small towns, means that its good for cities? What ARE you saying.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Madcatz Madcatz:
Bring what on? Its all in writing already. You seemed to have skipped over it I think.

As for fighting his battles? This is a forum of ideas, and if you didn't notice I actually debated the carbon tax. He just happened to have a good answer. Wheres yours?

Also, living in labrador for 3 years doesn't give you complete knowledge on the subject. Clearly you see the pros and cons of both styles of living. And yet you seem to take up the small town banner. What are your thoughts for people in cities? Are you saying that whats bad for small towns, means that its good for cities? What ARE you saying.

I made my comments in English. Scroll back and check them out.
And when you resort to insults, it's usually because you have lost your argument.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 pm

What insult what that? You have yet to respond to the issue.

You seem to be taking akin to typical forms of arguing. That is, trying to catch your foe in a trap of logic. Well, thats simply not true because I didn't insult you in the same manner that I established was insulting.

That was your turn to make a point and you didn't do it. I can only assume you are out.

And by the way, this was about environmental issues. Trains, carbon taxes. You know, that stuff. Not bickering. So stop making this about bickering because we all look dumb when you do that.