CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11362
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm
 


ShepherdsDog wrote:
sandorski wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
Murder?

Okay I disagree with that.

I'm sure if the Conservative party orchestrated the murder of some Liberal it would be considered just a bit more "serious"


How could the thwarting of the Will of the People not be more serious than Murder? This is the most fundamental principle upon which our system is based.


:roll: Because this can be corrected. Once someone has been killed, that's it. The fail is strong in you.


That's a ridiculous point. We're talking of the fundamental principle our society and political system functions on. If this kind of tactic is to be accepted, then you might as well just install a Dictator, because the end result is the same.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1244
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:24 pm
 


It should be remembered that Gagliano was found by the federal ethics commissioner to have not been involved in any wrongdoing.

The whole Adscam affair was, as Curtman said, a drop in th bucket compared to what the Cons are getting away with.

The amount spent on Party propaganda in the guise of information is, alone, some forty times as much as the convicted perpetrators of Adscam took.

Harper gets a free pass on corruption that would have made John. A. proud.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm
 


sandorski wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
sandorski wrote:

How could the thwarting of the Will of the People not be more serious than Murder? This is the most fundamental principle upon which our system is based.


:roll: Because this can be corrected. Once someone has been killed, that's it. The fail is strong in you.


That's a ridiculous point. We're talking of the fundamental principle our society and political system functions on. If this kind of tactic is to be accepted, then you might as well just install a Dictator, because the end result is the same.


I'll have to remember to cut and paste this on the next thread about a child getting murdered.

Wrong, you are not tired of being...


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11362
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm
 


Gunnair wrote:
sandorski wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:

:roll: Because this can be corrected. Once someone has been killed, that's it. The fail is strong in you.


That's a ridiculous point. We're talking of the fundamental principle our society and political system functions on. If this kind of tactic is to be accepted, then you might as well just install a Dictator, because the end result is the same.


I'll have to remember to cut and paste this on the next thread about a child getting murdered.

Wrong, you are not tired of being...


Cut/Paste all you want, it doesn't change a thing.

If there's no integrity in the Voting process, then there's no reason to Vote in the first place. It completely undermines our political system of making the People choose their Leadership.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12476
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 pm
 


So... both the left and the right have done some... ahem... questionable things (to put it mildly). Both in the past years and within the past week. In a sad way it puts them all on even ground doesn't it? Dirt is dirt.

You'd be a fool to think there is any political party that would not do anything "wrong" in the eyes of the voter. I'm quite certain that there's all kinds of shit that we've never even heard about, and probably won't. And maybe there are some things we're better off not knowing. However, the notion that this past election was "incomplete" in any way is really disturbing, regardless of who is to blame.

Yeesh. Before the last election I had a few conversations with people I know who all seemed to feel that it's become not so much as voting for which party you feel will do the most good for Canada but voting for who you feel will f*ck us over the least. Sad really.

It'll be interesting to see if this investigation goes ahead or just fades away. I'd rather not see us piss away millions of $ on having another election mostly because under the circumstances I'd bet voter turnout would be the shittiest ever.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21570
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 am
 


sandorski wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
Murder?

Okay I disagree with that.

I'm sure if the Conservative party orchestrated the murder of some Liberal it would be considered just a bit more "serious"


How could the thwarting of the Will of the People not be more serious than Murder? This is the most fundamental principle upon which our system is based.

"Fundamental" must be one of the most abused words in all political discussion.

It's shitty. It's a whole different category to murder though. Completely different kinds of crime and abuses of people's rights. Not comparable.

Honestly it's really foolish to say this is "worse than murder". If someone I knew was murdered, I think I'd care more about that than this silly scandal of the week.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21570
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am
 


Strutz wrote:
Yeesh. Before the last election I had a few conversations with people I know who all seemed to feel that it's become not so much as voting for which party you feel will do the most good for Canada but voting for who you feel will f*ck us over the least. Sad really.
Main reason I won't vote.

Why hold up the illusion that the party I vote for has my *support*?

Why continue with a broken process? Why let these arrogant paid-for politicians pretend they represent ME?

It isn't apathy that people are a victim of.
It's disgust.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42160
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 am
 


Strutz wrote:
So... both the left and the right have done some... ahem... questionable things (to put it mildly). Both in the past years and within the past week. In a sad way it puts them all on even ground doesn't it? Dirt is dirt.

You'd be a fool to think there is any political party that would not do anything "wrong" in the eyes of the voter. I'm quite certain that there's all kinds of shit that we've never even heard about, and probably won't. And maybe there are some things we're better off not knowing. However, the notion that this past election was "incomplete" in any way is really disturbing, regardless of who is to blame.

Yeesh. Before the last election I had a few conversations with people I know who all seemed to feel that it's become not so much as voting for which party you feel will do the most good for Canada but voting for who you feel will f*ck us over the least. Sad really.

It'll be interesting to see if this investigation goes ahead or just fades away. I'd rather not see us piss away millions of $ on having another election mostly because under the circumstances I'd bet voter turnout would be the shittiest ever.



You vote based not on who's going to do the most good for you, but who will do the least damage. They are all parasites, so you have to find the one you can 'live' with.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21570
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 am
 


At what point do you decide that you can't live with any of them?

Why date liars when single is an option?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8851
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:16 am
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
Our system is so screwed up and we have a bunch of guys on both sides of the fence that are self-serving and don't give a shit about doing what's right for Canada.

Oh cool we agree on something.

I'm in favour of a new election.

I still won't vote though... :twisted:



THEN shut the fuck up and stay out of the political discussions.The adults are talking here!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21570
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:32 am
 


LOL.

I need to vote, or endorse a party to be political?

It is so cute to see someone so narrow-minded...

Also, rather undemocratic, to exclude those who see no hope in the current options available. Indeed, an endorsement of permanent status quo, for nothing new can ever come if we are only given the same and forced to choose from the same lest we be ousted of political conversation for not satisfying idiotic notions of patriotic duty...

Politics are bigger than ballot boxes.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1244
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:36 am
 


This discussion is quite unfair to politicians. Most of them are dedicated people who enter politics with the best of intentions. Many are misguided in their intentions and consumed by some ideology that they are convinced will lead to a better world.

That, though, is where they fall down and where the danger lies. Often, the cream rises to the top but it is sour cream. As with this CPC Party, where self interest and cynicism rule, and the rank and file are reduced to fixed voting machines.

As Yeats put it: :The best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Intensity that is stifled and squandered.

To the point of whether they are "all liars and deceivers." A couple of elections ago, I wrote a piece on "Harperland" and gave it to a local candidate's campaign manager. It would have been a quite effective piece with the seniors for whom it was designed. The twit told me that he was "above that" and so was the candidate.

I printed up a few hundred copies and delivered it to seniors' centres where it swung quite a few votes or so I was informed by friends in those centres.

It was not enough, though, and one who was "above it" lost the election And that was not even dirty tricks but factual and all coming to9 pass.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21570
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 am
 


eureka wrote:
This discussion is quite unfair to politicians. Most of them are dedicated people who enter politics with the best of intentions. Many are misguided in their intentions and consumed by some ideology that they are convinced will lead to a better world.

A politician who seems to have good intentions is a fantastic liar.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1348
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:00 am
 


You know what they say the road to Hell is paved with.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8851
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 am
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
LOL.

I need to vote, or endorse a party to be political?

It is so cute to see someone so narrow-minded...

Also, rather undemocratic, to exclude those who see no hope in the current options available. Indeed, an endorsement of permanent status quo, for nothing new can ever come if we are only given the same and forced to choose from the same lest we be ousted of political conversation for not satisfying idiotic notions of patriotic duty...

Politics are bigger than ballot boxes.



I'm going to put this in such a simple context that even your simple mind will be able to grasp.

I am not a member of our local Stampede Association. I don't attend any of their meetings. I have heard and seen enough of their way of 'doing business' which if I were a member I certainly wouldn't approve of. I am also smart enough to know that until/unless I become a member I would be well advised to keep my trap shut about such matters!

I am not suggesting that you or anyone else 'become a member' per se of any political party, but, by default, one does 'become a member' of whichever party they VOTE for. Thusly giving them the right to bitch, bellyache, piss&moan, about the way 'business is conducted'. So there you sit, in front of a computer, in your mommies' basement, trashing 'how business is done', whining "I'm not going to even try to do anything to change 'the way business is done'. (voting)
You are nothing more than a fucking hipocryte. Now fuck off and go play in the traffic!


Last edited by Yogi on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.