CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:59 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
I'm in favour of a new election.

I still won't vote though... :twisted:


In that case, you don't have the right to complain or run your mouth about anything political. It's people with your attitude that are responsible for the decline of the political system in this country. The younger generations are quick to complain and cry 'FOUL' on just about anything, but won't due anything about it, content to set Twitter and Facebook ablaze with their crap.

One of the most important rights as Canadians is the right to vote and have our voice heard. Does it always work out for the better? Does each and every voice get heard in their entirety? Probably not. The system has flaws, like any other. It's an imperfect system created by imperfect beings. Knowing this, I will vote each and every election, I don't care if I have to be wheeled from the hospital years from now to get my vote in. This is how democracy works. It's far from perfect, but too often taken for granted, while people in some countries FIGHT AND DIE for the right to vote in hopes they can help make a better would for their children and whatnot.

Capiche?

-J.

I could see me posting this stupid shit 3 years ago.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 pm
 


Gunnair wrote:
Fact is (IMHO) voter turnout is down because of a combination of cynicism and laziness. Either Scape or Xerxes came up with the brilliant idea of lowering the voting age down to 14 for Municipal government, 16 for Provincial, and 18 for Federal. A graduated process where we introduce our you into politics at the local level and allow them to develop into active members at the Federal level.

Another fact is (IMHO) our political system is suffering greatly from that dwindling voter turnout because people are not involving themselves and not taking their political leadership to task. We have become a nation of lazy whiners who simply accept what the party and media feeds us without taking a hard look at what's happening. Political activism is now cynical tweets and whiny Facebook pages or even worse, aimless easily hijacked grass roots movements like OWS.

Ultimately, Mr. C, you'll be taken to task as an admitted and oddly proud non-voter when you stand tall and complain about the system and the parties after you opted out of your civic duty to become involved in the political process that manages nearly every aspect of your life. It's easy to fool yourself into thinking you're making a difference at the local OWS movement or on whatever Anarchist Facebook page you read on your newsfeed, but that's just plain lazy.

Okay, hypothetical:

I join the NDP. What changes?

You realize I simply would not be allowed to be involved with any of the federal parties... Right? Unless I change politically, my radicalism guarantees exclusion and limits me to be the uncommitted voter.

Honestly, vote or not, my brand of politics won't get anywhere. I know that, you know that, I'll die without changing a fucking thing. That's life as a person who just can not find a good moral reason to vote for what is available.

I feel that if I vote for a party or not, the end result for me is the same.

So screw it, honestly.

As if I voted I'd be taken seriously? Come on.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4247
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 pm
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
Gunnair wrote:
Fact is (IMHO) voter turnout is down because of a combination of cynicism and laziness. Either Scape or Xerxes came up with the brilliant idea of lowering the voting age down to 14 for Municipal government, 16 for Provincial, and 18 for Federal. A graduated process where we introduce our you into politics at the local level and allow them to develop into active members at the Federal level.

Another fact is (IMHO) our political system is suffering greatly from that dwindling voter turnout because people are not involving themselves and not taking their political leadership to task. We have become a nation of lazy whiners who simply accept what the party and media feeds us without taking a hard look at what's happening. Political activism is now cynical tweets and whiny Facebook pages or even worse, aimless easily hijacked grass roots movements like OWS.

Ultimately, Mr. C, you'll be taken to task as an admitted and oddly proud non-voter when you stand tall and complain about the system and the parties after you opted out of your civic duty to become involved in the political process that manages nearly every aspect of your life. It's easy to fool yourself into thinking you're making a difference at the local OWS movement or on whatever Anarchist Facebook page you read on your newsfeed, but that's just plain lazy.

Okay, hypothetical:

I join the NDP. What changes?

You realize I simply would not be allowed to be involved with any of the federal parties... Right? Unless I change politically, my radicalism guarantees exclusion and limits me to be the uncommitted voter.

Honestly, vote or not, my brand of politics won't get anywhere. I know that, you know that, I'll die without changing a fucking thing. That's life as a person who just can not find a good moral reason to vote for what is available.

I feel that if I vote for a party or not, the end result for me is the same.

So screw it, honestly.

As if I voted I'd be taken seriously? Come on.


As if you'll be taken seriously if you don't even bother to vote. :wink:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:12 pm
 


That's what I'm saying.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4247
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
That's what I'm saying.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.


I know what you're saying but still you should vote. It's a privelledge that may people in this world are denied and would gladly die for (ya I know that sounds mellow dramatic but it's true).


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1244
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 pm
 


I agree that you should not vote, Mr. C. Unless, that it, you can see that one party is going to male an unholy mess and you vote for that to further your cause and hasten the day when governments disappear.

In the meantime, you should be out and about gathering like minded souls for meetings in your basement to plot the overthrow of the system.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:39 pm
 


dino_bobba_renno wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
That's what I'm saying.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.


I know what you're saying but still you should vote. It's a privelledge that may people in this world are denied and would gladly die for (ya I know that sounds mellow dramatic but it's true).

Just to say that I did?

For who then?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 pm
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
dino_bobba_renno wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
That's what I'm saying.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.


I know what you're saying but still you should vote. It's a privelledge that may people in this world are denied and would gladly die for (ya I know that sounds mellow dramatic but it's true).

Just to say that I did?

For who then?


Well, you have no issues about saying you didn't.

Who are you doing that for then?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 pm
 


eureka wrote:
I agree that you should not vote, Mr. C. Unless, that it, you can see that one party is going to male an unholy mess and you vote for that to further your cause and hasten the day when governments disappear.

In the meantime, you should be out and about gathering like minded souls for meetings in your basement to plot the overthrow of the system.

Lol.

Depressingly (perhaps) I've given up on politics.

I only come here to discuss it now. Not with friends, family, etc.

Considering getting a job, a car, and living all alone like every other miserable silenced asshole.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 pm
 


Gunnair wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
dino_bobba_renno wrote:
I know what you're saying but still you should vote. It's a privelledge that may people in this world are denied and would gladly die for (ya I know that sounds mellow dramatic but it's true).

Just to say that I did?

For who then?


Well, you have no issues about saying you didn't.

Who are you doing that for then?

I'm voting for myself and it's getting just as far as it should.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11362
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 pm
 


Gunnair wrote:
sandorski wrote:
Gunnair wrote:

A cynical point of view because the voting system sucks and may... may have lost some of its integrity is so much worse than some kiddie diddler strangling the victim.

Give your head a shake...


Ridiculous post is ridiculous. Congrats.


Thanks.

Next time un-muffle your argument by pulling your head out of your ass.

Murder ain't as bad as issues of voting integrity. Yep, you're an idiot.


:roll:

You're just short-sighted.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 pm
 


sandorski wrote:
Gunnair wrote:
sandorski wrote:


Ridiculous post is ridiculous. Congrats.


Thanks.

Next time un-muffle your argument by pulling your head out of your ass.

Murder ain't as bad as issues of voting integrity. Yep, you're an idiot.


:roll:

You're just short-sighted.


You're just dumb. :lol:


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 77
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 pm
 


I cannot believe these people who do not vote! Being a citizen requires more than paying your taxes!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 pm
 


Apple2010 wrote:
I cannot believe these people who do not vote! Being a citizen requires more than paying your taxes!

No... otherwise I'd get fined.

I'm not required to do jack, period. It's a right... Not an order.





PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 pm
 


Interesting developments..

Elections Canada confirms 31,000 complaints as Tory robocalls counterattack backfires
Quote:
The Tories have been left red-faced after an attempt on Thursday to blame the Liberal party for suspicious robocalls from a U.S. call centre backfired.

The embarrassing blunder comes as Elections Canada confirmed it has received 31,000 complaints from Canadians about robocalls during the election.
...
Del Mastro cited evidence that he said showed that former Liberal MP Joe Volpe used the American company in the last campaign.

“We learned that Joe Volpe paid over $25,000 to Prime Contact, a calling company with offices in North Dakota,” he said.
...
But the Tory attack failed badly after it was revealed they had actually confused two different call centres — one in Canada and one in the U.S. — with the same name.

“Mr. Speaker, they are going to need to get some better researchers, because there is a firm in North Dakota with the same name but it actually does not work for the Liberal party,” said NDP MP Charlie Angus.

The Liberals used Canadian call centre Prime Contact during the election, but it has no connection to a centre in North Dakota, also named Prime Contact.


ROTFL

Not exactly a well played out counter-attack. Desperation is a bugger.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.