GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 pm

$1:
Wine of the Day: A long weekend white & red
By WineAlign, National Post September 2, 2012 – 12:09 pm ET
Domaine Parent 2010 Pinot Noir Bourgogne
Burgundy, France
$19.95, 89 Points, Vintages #597971
From one of the great traditional houses of Burgundy, this pale, ruby garnet pinot has a fairly generous and complex nose of rhubarb, sour cherry, peppery spice and very light smoke. It’s nicely smooth and poised — not as edgy as many basic pinots — but still has a grip and a fairly tannic finish. The length is very good. A basic Bourgogne with illusions of grandeur, and a very good price. Best 2013 to 2016. Chill lightly and enjoy with grilled or roast chicken or duck. Tasted August 2012.

Chateau Ka 2010 Source blanche
Bekaa Valley, Lebanon
$15.95, 89 Points, Vintages #261651
Some wines are a duty of discovery. The name, packaging and origin of this white will send most shoppers right on by. They will be missing a lovely summer white. It’s a blend of muscat, viognier and sauvignon from a new producer in a dangerous corner of the world. It has a lovely, gentle and complex nose combining muscat’s floral lavender notes, viognier spice and some gooseberry sauvignon greenness. It’s medium weight, fairly fleshy, a touch sweet and soft , but braced by good alcohol and some minerality. Very good length. Tasted August 2012.

Add your own.

I'm a huge fan of 8th Generation Winery in Summerland BC. Their 2008 Merlot was amazing, and the 2009 and 2010 I have sitting in my cellar show every indication of being the same.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
$1:
Wine of the Day: A long weekend white & red
By WineAlign, National Post September 2, 2012 – 12:09 pm ET
Domaine Parent 2010 Pinot Noir Bourgogne
Burgundy, France
$19.95, 89 Points, Vintages #597971
From one of the great traditional houses of Burgundy, this pale, ruby garnet pinot has a fairly generous and complex nose of rhubarb, sour cherry, peppery spice and very light smoke. It’s nicely smooth and poised — not as edgy as many basic pinots — but still has a grip and a fairly tannic finish. The length is very good. A basic Bourgogne with illusions of grandeur, and a very good price. Best 2013 to 2016. Chill lightly and enjoy with grilled or roast chicken or duck. Tasted August 2012.

Chateau Ka 2010 Source blanche
Bekaa Valley, Lebanon
$15.95, 89 Points, Vintages #261651
Some wines are a duty of discovery. The name, packaging and origin of this white will send most shoppers right on by. They will be missing a lovely summer white. It’s a blend of muscat, viognier and sauvignon from a new producer in a dangerous corner of the world. It has a lovely, gentle and complex nose combining muscat’s floral lavender notes, viognier spice and some gooseberry sauvignon greenness. It’s medium weight, fairly fleshy, a touch sweet and soft , but braced by good alcohol and some minerality. Very good length. Tasted August 2012.

Add your own.

I'm a huge fan of 8th Generation Winery in Summerland BC. Their 2008 Merlot was amazing, and the 2009 and 2010 I have sitting in my cellar show every indication of being the same.

Well send me out a case. :D