Al's  14%  [ 3 ]
Tabbies  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 22

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I am seriously beginning to think my Riders are for real this year - seriously. LOL!

Teams on the south side of the ball faced a steady 50k wind for most of the night and it played havoc with punts and kick-offs.

By the 4th Q, the Ti-Cats had all but given up on trying to get to Darian in the pocket - his protection was that good - the offense all but built a wall around him. Didn't take the whole line and at times 3 men were enough to give our QB the time he needed to deliver. And boy did he deliver tonight but he wasn't the only one.

Kory Sheets, Weston Dressler, Rob Bagg, Superman, Craig Butler and the entire D-line, the entire O-line, special teams, Saunders, Dan Clark - fps .......I could go on. They were a TEAM tonight. Each side held their own. The O won on the ground and in the air. The D won by completely shutting down the Hamilton O - all night. They remain the ONLY unbeaten team in the CFL.

Kory Sheets now holds the record for best 4-game start ever in the CFL. He was over 100 yards again tonight and over 545 on the season. Hamilton managed to shut him down for most of the first half - his gains were limited but into the 3rd he started to roll and by the 4th the opposition was almost setting up lanes for him, so easily did he deke and duck through the Hamilton D.

Rob Baggs .......Rob Baggs....not content to score his first at home TD, decided to make it 2 - the last a 60-yard pass and run to the end zone. The crowd went wild and gave him 2 standing Os. Rob had been the recipient of some unfavorable views by Sask fans as he struggled w/ dropsy last year. Nice to see him back in the good books.

Craig Butler intercepted a Burris pass in the end zone to prevent the only real chance of a TD for Hamilton in the game. He would also get a sack on Hank later in the game forcing the Cats to another 2 and out. The Riders put 3 on the board off that TO.

The 13th man played their part causing 3 Hamilton off-sides with the noise they created - they must be able to hear them in Lumsden.

Geroy was in for one catch in the 2nd but his real debut came on a 32-yard pass which he took to the 20. The Riders would score on the next play when, with great deflection, Darian rolled out of the pocket and found Dan Carter - an offensive lineman - all alone in the end zone. Rock on George Cortez - great call. Hamilton had no clue. It was a thing of beauty. Poor Dan didn't even know what to do with the ball afterward. LOL!

Though it wasn't recorded due a Hamilton penalty, Darian did throw one interception on the night. Otherwise, he was 20 of 32 for 347 yards. You could tell he had missed a few practices as it took him the first half before he really got his rhythm going - then...try and stop him. He also ran for two first downs, though I am sure Corey had a word of two to say afterwards.

Rickey Foley registered another sack with a beaut on Hank and Chris Milo kicked a career-best 47 yarder - one of 3 in the game.

37 to ZIP!

ROCK FRICKIN' ON RIDERS.......I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Hyack wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:
So I saw Matt Dunnigan apologizing for bad language not suitable for TV.

Did he drop an F-bomb? lol

"shit eating grin" when relating a story about himself and ex-coach Don Mathews who was added to the Leos’ Wall of Fame last night.

That's not so bad, lol probably the only way to tell the story. Thanks :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Ti Cats just signed Brandon Isaac. I guess Austin figured he'd better do something with that sad sack defense before we come into town and put another pound of hurt on it.

To bad Isaac was instrumental in Korey Sheets running wild in Toronto before they woke up and found he wasn't much better than that pylon you always run over in the Costco Parking lot. :P

Good luck with that Hamilton. Start him please. [cheer]

http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-sig ... nuel-davis

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:54 pm

:lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Loosing every game with the Ti-Cats is still better than winning any with the Argo's.... :P

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:32 am

Welcome to the Big Time Bo Levi Mitchell! 29 of 33 for 376 and 3 TDs - heck even some of the vets don't have nights like that.

With both starters sidelined, it was the first time in 17 years we got to see two back-ups get their first chance at pivot. Bo delivered but Justin Goltz struggled. Justin finished the night with 19 of 34 for 194, 2 TDs and 1 interception - Justin needs to work on his accuracy.

It was also a night that saw Rene Paredes, the young Venezuelan FG kicker for the Stamps meet than exceed the previous record of consecutive FGs held by Paul McCallum. Rene was good for 5 on the night for a total of 34 straight. Rock on Rene.

It was a great night if you were a Stampeder fan - not so if you were cheering for the Blue and Gold as Calgary would take this one 37 - 34.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:07 pm

We are going to get a look at Riders offence minus Durant...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Robair wrote:

So far it's looking like we'd have more luck picking a new backup qb.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Robair wrote:

Drew Willy 14 of 25 for 264, 3 TDs and 0 interceptions........I'd say that was a pretty good look. Drew started out slow but looked poised, focused and showed great presence in the pocket once he settled in.

If there were any remaining questions about Geroy........I think he answered them tonight. His first TD in a Rider uniform and +100 yards receiving.

Kory Sheets had his 5th +100 yard night rushing and is over 700 yards on the season.

Getz and Weston get the other majors.

Chris Milo adds 9 points with 3 FGs

Special teams limit Ham returns all night long. Saunders sets up Sask all night long.

Ricky Schmitt pins Ham deep boot after boot - one a 60-yarder.

Oh and we won the game. I'm a happy camper. 5 and 0 baby.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 pm

jeff744 wrote:
Robair wrote:

So far it's looking like we'd have more luck picking a new backup qb.

Slow start......strong finish......that's a Sask ploy, don't ya know. LOL!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:31 am

I don't think the BC Lions were as well prepared for the rejuvenated Argo team as they might have been. Why else would the #1 defence in the CFL fail so badly? Why too would the Argo defence preform so well, limiting the Lions to 4 FGs but not a single major?

I don't know if anyone outside the TO team was prepared for the skill and poise of their back-up QB in the form of Zach Collaros. In a week where we were treated to three of the best outings for starters in the CFL, Tuesday's game saw the emergence of yet another. Marcel Desjardins - GM of the Ottawa RedBlacks must be rubbing his hands in glee - no shortage of great starters for him to choose from in the upcoming CFL draft.

The Lions failed on all fronts. They were unable to stop the Argo defence who allowed the Lions to move the ball downfield on most possessions but limited the damage to a series of FGs. On offence the Argos had little trouble moving the ball and no trouble finding the end zone for a total of 5 TDs on the night. Noel Prefontaine would add the extra three points for the team.

It was great to see the Argos come back with such a strong showing after their efficiency ratings had them on the lower rungs of the statistical charts.

The Lions have work to do in all departments but they might want to start with the matter of team discipline. On the last play of the first half, after the whistle had blown several flags were thrown. Four penalties were handed out once the refs had shorted out the calls, TO was hit with 1 unnecessary roughness penalty - the Lions were hit with 3 for 30 yards. It was not the only major penalty given the team but it most certainly was the most egregious.

Zach Collaros finished the night with 21 of 25 for 253 yards, 3 TDs, 0 interceptions and 28 yards rushing. Travis Lulay finished the night with 20 of 29 for 226, 0 TDs and 1 interception.

Final score: 38 to 12 Argos.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 pm

The Lions thought it was going to be an easy win with so many starters out of the lineup. That's what ya get when you underestimate your opponent. That was a piss poor game by the Leo's.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 am

QBC wrote:
The Lions thought it was going to be an easy win with so many starters out of the lineup. That's what ya get when you underestimate your opponent. That was a piss poor game by the Leo's.

So much for BC having arguably the best defence in the CFL, eh. The way TO was able to score again and again while BC was limited to FGs......well you gotta wonder what the defensive coordinators were thinking....or were they. I figured that BC would come back at half-time having tweaked the plans and lines.......but nooo, same old, same old. Good solid win for the Argos all around.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 am

With the bye-week in progress there are only two games scheduled in Week 6. Tonight the Hamilton Ti-Cats will be in Edmonton to take on the Esks. Monday, the Bombers will be in BC to play the Lions.

My picks for the games: Edmonton > Hamilton ... though it pains me to state, Cat fan that I am.

BC > Winnipeg....can't see the pussycats losing 2 in a row especially at home.....though their fan support has been somewhat lacking this year.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:06 pm

8O 8O WOW what a finish to the Ticats vs Eskies game....missed FG with 1 sec left gives the Ticats the 30-29 win.... 8O 8O

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next