Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Jabberwalker wrote:
wildrosegirl wrote:
Jabberwalker wrote:
My son has taken up Rugby. I watched Rugby Sevens matches live at the Pan Am Games and I'm sorry that say that the game beats the hell out of CFL (or AFL/NFL) football. Sure it's a little frustrating that you can't tackle a tackler or that it is a little odd that you can't pass forward but ...what an exciting and fast game!

I also beats the hell out of "soccer" football and its "nil-nils". Rugby Sevens runs up basketball scores.

One of my co-worker's sister's plays. Scary. 8O

I'm leaning more toward the bubble soccer team idea. MUCH more my style. 8)

:lol:

The CFL is half way there with their padding and armour, lest those millionaires get scratched.

Millionaires?? [huh] The average CFL salary is $80 000. Hell, I make more than them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Ha, the Atlanta QB could pay the entire CFL players salary's with what he makes. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:02 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Jabberwalker wrote:
The CFL is half way there with their padding and armour, lest those millionaires get scratched.

Millionaires?? [huh] The average CFL salary is $80 000. Hell, I make more than them.

I will barely work 6 months this year and I would have to take a pay cut to make their average salary. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Yow! Skin of their teeth win for dem dere 'Peders tonight. 8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

WTF!!.....Saskatchewan runs their record to 0-8..... 8O 8O ....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:43 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
wildrosegirl wrote:
Jabberwalker wrote:
My son has taken up Rugby. I watched Rugby Sevens matches live at the Pan Am Games and I'm sorry that say that the game beats the hell out of CFL (or AFL/NFL) football. Sure it's a little frustrating that you can't tackle a tackler or that it is a little odd that you can't pass forward but ...what an exciting and fast game!

I also beats the hell out of "soccer" football and its "nil-nils". Rugby Sevens runs up basketball scores.

One of my co-worker's sister's plays. Scary. 8O

I'm leaning more toward the bubble soccer team idea. MUCH more my style. 8)

:lol

You never said you were Chief!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:53 pm

It's definitely a for-the-love-of-the-game league. Aside from what the QB's or a handful of the stand-out RB's, TE's, or WR's make, most of the other guys ain't gettin' rich playing in the CFL.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Hyack wrote:
WTF!!.....Saskatchewan runs their record to 0-8..... 8O 8O ....

The impressive part is managing that record with the number one offence in the leauge:

1. Saskatchewan Roughriders 440.1
2. Hamilton Tiger-Cats 377.6
3. Edmonton Eskimos 375.9
4. Toronto Argonauts 369.9
5. Calgary Stampeders 360.0
6. Montreal Alouettes 353.3
7. Ottawa REDBLACKS 341.4
8. Winnipeg Blue Bombers 338.8
9. BC Lions 331.0

Source: http://cfl.ca/statistics/teams

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:00 am

Attachment:
badtime.jpg
badtime.jpg [ 60.09 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:15 am

Mowich wrote:
Rock on Cats.

[cheer]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 am

wildrosegirl wrote:
Keep Nichols on the bench next game, and somebody needs to help Adarius find his sticky fingers.

Not going to happen. :cry:

Quote:
Promising rookie Esks QB sidelined 2

By Con Griwkowsky, Edmonton Sun

Some time during his relief appearance against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Edmonton Eskimos rookie quarterback James Franklin sustained a lung contusion.

Franklin finished the game despite taking a hit to the ribs.

At some point this weekend, Franklin was sent to hospital and later released.

In a lung contusion, blood and other fluids accumulate in the lung tissue, potentially leading to inadequate oxygen levels.

For a professional athlete, having full lung capacity is pretty much a necessity.

Although a Sunday news release from the Eskimos indicated Franklin will continue to be monitored by Eskimos medical staff, it’s unclear how long his recuperation will take.

Going by several precedents, chances are pretty good that Franklin will find himself on the six-game injured list when the team has its walk-through Monday.

Apparently, that’s the reason Eskimos head coach Chris Jones balked at talking about his quarterbacks situation.

“I’m not going to sit here and talk about the quarterbacks,” Jones said after Friday’s 49-20 blowout loss. “We’re going to go back to work and when we decide what we’re going to do with the quarterback position, we’ll let you know.”

Now, the quarterback situation appears even more unsettled.

The Eskimos are left with two healthy quarterbacks in camp, veteran backup Matt Nichols and short-yardage pivot Jordan Lynch.

Should Franklin be placed on the injured list, it’s expected Nichols will start his eighth consecutive game this Friday against the Toronto Argos.

During starter Mike Reilly’s recuperation period, Franklin has put up superior numbers to Nichols.

Franklin has thrown five TD passes with one interception in five relief appearances for a QB efficiency rating of 106.1.

Meanwhile, Eskimos fans seem to have grown impatient with Nichols, who’s thrown eight TD passes and 10 picks for an efficiency rating of 82.1, according to the esks.com website.

Reilly has been taking light workouts the past two weeks and is from one to three games away from his scheduled return to the lineup.

con.griwkowsky@sunmedia.ca

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Alta_redneck wrote:
wildrosegirl wrote:
Keep Nichols on the bench next game, and somebody needs to help Adarius find his sticky fingers.

Not going to happen. :cry:

Quote:
Promising rookie Esks QB sidelined 2

By Con Griwkowsky, Edmonton Sun

Some time during his relief appearance against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Edmonton Eskimos rookie quarterback James Franklin sustained a lung contusion.

Franklin finished the game despite taking a hit to the ribs.

At some point this weekend, Franklin was sent to hospital and later released.

In a lung contusion, blood and other fluids accumulate in the lung tissue, potentially leading to inadequate oxygen levels.

For a professional athlete, having full lung capacity is pretty much a necessity.

Although a Sunday news release from the Eskimos indicated Franklin will continue to be monitored by Eskimos medical staff, it’s unclear how long his recuperation will take.

Going by several precedents, chances are pretty good that Franklin will find himself on the six-game injured list when the team has its walk-through Monday.

Apparently, that’s the reason Eskimos head coach Chris Jones balked at talking about his quarterbacks situation.

“I’m not going to sit here and talk about the quarterbacks,” Jones said after Friday’s 49-20 blowout loss. “We’re going to go back to work and when we decide what we’re going to do with the quarterback position, we’ll let you know.”

Now, the quarterback situation appears even more unsettled.

The Eskimos are left with two healthy quarterbacks in camp, veteran backup Matt Nichols and short-yardage pivot Jordan Lynch.

Should Franklin be placed on the injured list, it’s expected Nichols will start his eighth consecutive game this Friday against the Toronto Argos.

During starter Mike Reilly’s recuperation period, Franklin has put up superior numbers to Nichols.

Franklin has thrown five TD passes with one interception in five relief appearances for a QB efficiency rating of 106.1.

Meanwhile, Eskimos fans seem to have grown impatient with Nichols, who’s thrown eight TD passes and 10 picks for an efficiency rating of 82.1, according to the esks.com website.

Reilly has been taking light workouts the past two weeks and is from one to three games away from his scheduled return to the lineup.

con.griwkowsky@sunmedia.ca

Who knows. Tonight on the news they said he might be in...

We'll see.

Makes my fantasy picks difficult!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:23 am

Now Franklin's starting against the Argo's this week, 8O the team that's taken Reilly out 3 times in the last 14 month with dirty late hits.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Alta_redneck wrote:
Now Franklin's starting against the Argo's this week, 8O the team that's taken out 3 times in the last 14 month with dirty late hits.

Sheeeit. That's not encouraging. Maybe they should throw Nichols in. :lol:

(Bad, bad, bad.... I know)

Any idea why they're hardly playing Lawrence? Sure do miss him out there. It's hard to say how this last half of the season is going to go. Our roster has taken a few hits, someone greased Adarius' gloves (those are SO cool), and there's still no word how much longer Reilly's gonna be out. Seems pretty bleak until you look at some of the other teams and realize they're in the same shape. Makes it all kind of a crap shoot.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:31 pm

wildrosegirl wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:
Now Franklin's starting against the Argo's this week, 8O the team that's taken Rielly out 3 times in the last 14 month with dirty late hits.

Sheeeit. That's not encouraging. Maybe they should throw Nichols in. :lol:

(Bad, bad, bad.... I know)

Any idea why they're hardly playing Lawrence? Sure do miss him out there. It's hard to say how this last half of the season is going to go. Our roster has taken a few hits, someone greased Adarius' gloves (those are SO cool), and there's still no word how much longer Reilly's gonna be out. Seems pretty bleak until you look at some of the other teams and realize they're in the same shape. Makes it all kind of a crap shoot.

Yea I'm not sure what's up with him, I'm kind of noticing that McCoil is almost invisible out there also.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 14  Next